Touch HD battery life

Guest dr_nick

Guest dr_nick

just returned home from a fabulous trip to Egypt's famous sights and am pleased to report i only had to charge the HD once during my 8day holiday.

methinks this is likely to having disabled the internet/mms services.

prior to my holiday, i was lucky to get a 18 working day out of my battery! (though do use the both the internet and some medical software moderatley heavily, and haven't yet managed to stop things like prss and rss hub from constantly opening internet connection!)

just thought i'd share my excellent battery life with you and urge you to manage your data connections should you need more battery life.

i have now got the internet to autodisconnect after 1minute (using HDtweak, so shoping my battery life will improve dramatically...!

regards to all

dr_nick

Thanks for very interesting info.

Overall I am rather impressed by the standby time. A few days ago I primarily used my N95 8GB for a whole day and only used the HD for email and a few sms messages. At the end of the day, 2% of the battery was gone. At that rate it can run for almost 2 months, theoretically :)

I have tried a few tweaks to make the data connection turn off automatically, including HD Tweak, but nothing seems to work. Are you having more success than I?

Guest dr_nick
Thanks for very interesting info.

Overall I am rather impressed by the standby time. A few days ago I primarily used my N95 8GB for a whole day and only used the HD for email and a few sms messages. At the end of the day, 2% of the battery was gone. At that rate it can run for almost 2 months, theoretically :)

I have tried a few tweaks to make the data connection turn off automatically, including HD Tweak, but nothing seems to work. Are you having more success than I?

yep - HDtweak is confiured to disconenct the data after 1minute without use. and it is never on when i check! dosn't delay things much having to connect each time either!

things like rss hub or prssr are very battery hungry and i have turned them of now!

:D