• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

Chrismobile

Chrismobile

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:HTC Touch HD

How much data do you realistically need? New/Upgraded Orange accounts can get 500MB for £5pm now

Good question.

Google Maps with satellite view can eat up the MB. Youtube? Listening to online radio? (not that I can get any to work on 3G!)

Chris

p.s. I'm (now) on the 500MB, used less than half last month!

fatbutcher

fatbutcher

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:Touch Cruise '09, iPhone 3G

I've a HD on order with mobiles.co.uk, been informed its out of stock, despite it showing limited still.

Anyone else managed to find a deal to match?

I'm after ther £35/mth 600 mins/load text deal with free phone.

Maybe Paul should remove the advert that says that they have it in stock!

Called mobile.co.uk yeasterday to check status and/or cancel my order as I'd had an email about transfering my number, but not one confirming it had been sent. Anyway, they had dispatched it, and got it today!

Just got to decide if I'm gonna keep it now, its got a nice screen, but not very comfortable to use one handed unlike the diamond.

sponge

sponge

I want that one!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Devices:Samsung S2
For the last month my account has been showing the Unlimited SMS as the extra service. I've just checked now and it says

Services: None

B)

Edit:

This just gets better and better. I emailed O2 through their website asking about the bolt-on and got this reply:

Thanks for emailing us about the Bolt On active on your account.

I've carefully checked our records and I'm unable to find that you had called us to add the Unlimited Web Bolt On to your account.

I can see that the free of charge Unlimited text Bolt On was removed from your account on 26 February 2009.

I understand that currently you're not having any Bolt On active on your account.

I've carefully checked your account and can see that your tariff doesn't offer any Bolt On free of charge.

If you want to add the Unlimited Web Bolt On to your account, you can add this Bolt On at a charge of #6.38 (excluding VAT) per month.

If you agree to the above charge for the Bolt On, please reply to this email and I'll be more than happy to add the Bolt On to your account.
Should you need any information on our products and services, please visit our online Help Centre at:
http://www.o2.co.uk/help

Important - When you email us please provide: your date of birth, postcode and mobile number as it helps us answer your query faster.

So now I have no bolt-on and they want to charge me to add a new one. :(

Forgotten Brick : T10 : T28s : T39m : T68i : SPV E200 : SPV C500 : SPV C550 : v1240 : HTC Touch HD : Samsung Galaxy S2

sponge

sponge

I want that one!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • Devices:Samsung S2
I just tried calling the magic number and it was answered by the upgrades department. They wouldn't help me and told me to call customer services. I think this might get messy! :P

Edit:

I called 202 and a very nice Scottish lady explained the new bolt-on probably didn't take effect because the tariff is a CPW one. However, she was able to make the change and it should take force within the next 24 hours. Fingers crossed. B)

I just hope my snotty reply to the email I received doesn't #### it up. In hindsight, I probably should have called them first. :(

Edited by sponge, 27 February 2009 - 02:52 PM.

Forgotten Brick : T10 : T28s : T39m : T68i : SPV E200 : SPV C500 : SPV C550 : v1240 : HTC Touch HD : Samsung Galaxy S2

Chrissssssss

Chrissssssss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
I'm currently on T-Mobile and really want the Touch HD so will be moving back to Orange this month. Don't want to spend more than £30/month which puts the phone at £145 with 50 quidco cashback. Is it possible to get better deals by going into an Orange shop or doing it over the phone?

Dale Pearson

Dale Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I'm currently on T-Mobile and really want the Touch HD so will be moving back to Orange this month. Don't want to spend more than £30/month which puts the phone at £145 with 50 quidco cashback. Is it possible to get better deals by going into an Orange shop or doing it over the phone?

I am in the same situation as you, but I am worried about the data only being 500MB, as I am used to unlimited with T-Mobile.
I have been looking at getting it on 02 with mobiles.co.uk but even though the site says in stock they dont have any.

Also Orange site has been out of stock until recently, and now they are back in has put the prices up.

naturbo2000

naturbo2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HP 2210
I was in a similar situation - been with T-mobile for a while, but wanted a Touch HD. Gave up waiting for T-mobile direct to offer it and got it on a new contract from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (£35 for free phone and 1GB web'n'walk). I'm in the process of doing the 3rd party PAYG shuffle to try and keep my number.

Fortunately it would appear that T-mobile locked phones work on Virgin PAYG (presumably because Virgin is a virtual network on T-mobile).

Shuflie

Shuflie

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts
  • Devices:HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Shuflie

I was in a similar situation - been with T-mobile for a while, but wanted a Touch HD. Gave up waiting for T-mobile direct to offer it and got it on a new contract from www.mobilephonesdirect.co.uk (£35 for free phone and 1GB web'n'walk). I'm in the process of doing the 3rd party PAYG shuffle to try and keep my number.

Fortunately it would appear that T-mobile locked phones work on Virgin PAYG (presumably because Virgin is a virtual network on T-mobile).

I think you'll probably find any sim will work in your Touch HD, because you bought a phone that T-mobile don't actually do themselves what you actually get is a fully unlocked and unbranded phone.

Posted Image

spvc500

spvc500

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Just done exactly the same as you! Decided to bite the bullet and get a new contract (Combi 30 - 700mins Unlimited Texts 1Gb WnW) with a new number as the upgrades offered by T-Mobile were rubbish. The guy at mobilephonesdirect was very helpful and the whole transaction took only a few minutes over the phone. Rang 3.00pm Friday got the phone next morning B)
So I'll be using all my texts to let people know my new number :(

naturbo2000

naturbo2000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:HP 2210

I think you'll probably find any sim will work in your Touch HD, because you bought a phone that T-mobile don't actually do themselves what you actually get is a fully unlocked and unbranded phone.

Yes, the Touch HD is unlocked - I meant that my old T-mobile locked SE W880i works on Virgin whilst I shuffle the number around B)

Lovin' the Touch HD. Lemmings, Transport Tycoon (!) and Scummvm all installed. And I owe an upload of my WVGA PocketMusic skin.

Chrissssssss

Chrissssssss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Transport Tycoon (!)

B) I'm definitely getting one of these now :(

B_gremlins

B_gremlins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

B) I'm definitely getting one of these now :(

:( Hi just upgraded to a free touch HD on O2 with 600 mins & 500 texts for £30 per month from mobiles.co.uk.

I rang O2 on 202 and on the second attempt managed to exchange the unlimited texts for the web bolt on. :(

Dale Pearson

Dale Pearson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

B) Hi just upgraded to a free touch HD on O2 with 600 mins & 500 texts for £30 per month from mobiles.co.uk.

I rang O2 on 202 and on the second attempt managed to exchange the unlimited texts for the web bolt on. :(

When did you get this, as last time I spoke to them they were out of stock.
Also how come you got it for £30 and not £35?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Dale Pearson, 17 March 2009 - 09:58 AM.

Chrissssssss

Chrissssssss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Phoned up T-Mobile to cancel today. Contract ends 16th next month. Was surprised they made no effort to keep me with them.

Went into Orange shop after work and had no help there either. Didn't seem to know about the 500MB £5 bundle only an £8 "unlimited" option and wouldn't drop prices so buying online now.

Chrissssssss

Chrissssssss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Also when she asked why I wanted to leave T-Mob I said I wanted the Touch HD. She said "Is that the Blackberry Bold?"

siksik6

siksik6

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Interests:Phones...duh :) Drinking, eating, and breathing mainly.
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexus
  • Twitter:@markdotpeters5
phones4u.co.uk are doing the Touch HD for free on Dolphin £30 - 400 minutes and essentially unlimited (3000) texts.

Interestingly, I went into the Orange shop today to ask if they would price match (CPW do it for free on Dolphin 35 too) and they said they wouldn't. (They wanted £200!!). After I expressed this was a tad odd, the fella insisted that Phones4u and CPW must be making a loss, and they (Orange) artificially inflated the price of the phone so they don't sell any!

I just laughed at him and walked out. Seriously, where do they get these people!

I'm looking at getting the contract for the wife, and me essentially buying the HD off her, then unlocking it for my O2 sim.

B_gremlins

B_gremlins

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

When did you get this, as last time I spoke to them they were out of stock.
Also how come you got it for £30 and not £35?

Thanks in advance.

Touch HD was ordered on the 27 Feb 09 and was delivered a couple of days later, the £30 is on a 24 months tariff.

PS found www.omio.com a very usefull site to find a mobile deal.

ginnermark

ginnermark

• MoDaCo Silver
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I went straight to Orange and got 750 mins, unlimited texts, unlimited net at w/e and evening with free (normally £5pm) 200mb to use in the daytime. Handset free too, for £34pm. I thought that was ok.

StephenR

StephenR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Touch HD is back in stock at buymobilephones.net so I have just ordered it for free on Dolphin 25 + 500MB data for £30 per month. This gives me 400 mins and unlimited texts (24 month contract). Also get £35 cashback. I currently have a T-Mobile MDA Vario III and was going to upgrade to the Vario IV, but they wanted over £200 so I decided to go with the Touch HD on Orange instead. A bit nervous about only having a touch screen when I am used to using the Vario's keyboard, but I'm sure I'll manage! My Touch HD arrives tomorrow B)

Edited by StephenR, 19 March 2009 - 01:14 PM.

Chrissssssss

Chrissssssss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
Not been having much luck with the order so far. Card wasn't accepted last Wednesday. Had an email to say they'd contact me soon which was then on Friday. Rang to give the card details again and was told the phone was out of stock but said I was happy to wait. Yesterday received an email saying they have tried contacting me to see if I want to continue with the order (heard nothing since Friday) so replied to say I did.

Anyway, I think I might cancel the order. Just noticed a deal on Beepy - anyone used them? 18 months, Dolphin 25, phone £66 and £40 quidco cashback. Seems far better than the £199 to Orange with £60 cashback.

If I order that then ring up Orange to add internet access what options will I be offered? The £5 500MB? Was told by someone in a shop about an £8 "unlimited" option.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users