installed dr yar in case it would kickstart anything

but though it installs it does not start up

does anyone have any ideas?

I've tried altering settings in tweak HD but no luck

cheers

simon

Guest major_sarcasm
Can you tell us how? :)

Seconded, I'm having exactly the same problem. Will pair no problem, but I can't get activesync (well, WMDC) to connect.

Guest FORCEFOXFIVE
Seconded, I'm having exactly the same problem. Will pair no problem, but I can't get activesync (well, WMDC) to connect.

Been playing around with this tonight, with my Motorola S9's :D . When you pair the devices 'uncheck' Hands Free in the Partnership Settings, found in the Advanced Settings. This enables both wireless stereo and hands free. If you have hands free checked it will not pair the headphones. I havent tried it the other way round. Dont fix it if it aint broken... :)

Guest major_sarcasm
Been playing around with this tonight, with my Motorola S9's :D . When you pair the devices 'uncheck' Hands Free in the Partnership Settings, found in the Advanced Settings. This enables both wireless stereo and hands free. If you have hands free checked it will not pair the headphones. I havent tried it the other way round. Dont fix it if it aint broken... :)

Not actually trying to pair headphones, I'm trying to get activesync (I run Vista, so actually WMDC) to work with bluetooth.

I can pair my HD to the PC, it appears as paired in the bluetooth device manager, but Windows Mobile Device Centre won't let me sync (the option is greyed out, despite me having bluetooth ticked in the connection manager) and the HD itself won't let me sync either. Whenever I choose 'connect via bluetooth', it tells me there are no devices to connect to with activesync.

Aargh. It was so simple with my N95 :) That just worked.

Anyone help with this? The original poster?

Guest simonastro

hello folks

sorry - have been lax

I am trying to remember what I did that was different

there is a post somewhere that explains it and it is about the order of procedure

ie when phone pairs it initially reads serial port and wireless stereo and I think you have to

click done rather than advanced then

initiate connection from phone to pc before it redefines it as activesync

am loath to try to reconnect in case this is wrong and stuck again so if any one tries it and it is correct please ammend to this post

major_sarcasm - sorry I am using XP

Guest shootinstick

Not sure it was that relevant to trying to pair with a PC, but my phone is now working with my built in car kit - although, like the OP, not sure what I did different to get it that way, sorry.

As a slight aside - although I can receive incoming calls and actually make calls, the phonebook doesn't seem to download to my car system! It's an Audi A6 - if anyone has any advice?

Also, the contacts are stored to both the phone and the SIM card.

Edit

Downloading JETware Mobile seems to have solved this!

Edited by shootinstick

• 1 month later...

i have a 2006 model a4 and although it links i cant seem to get my phone book to download to car even though it has once or twice but i'm not sure what i did? have you had any luck?