can text messages be counted as data?

Guest arpan11

Guest arpan11

hey guys,

i currently have the samsung omnia i910 (verizon). And so i have the required unlimited data plan and 500 text messages. The problem is that i keep going over my text message limit and i dont want to shell out more money for the 1500 texts plan. (My father pays for the phone/service and i know he wouldnt want to pay more for extra texts.)

I dont know if this is at all possible, but i was wondering if there was any way to make it so that i could send a text message without it counting as a text message (i want it to be counted as data, seeing as how i have the unlimited data plan). Any ideas?

Guest MrJoneswii
hey guys,

i currently have the samsung omnia i910 (verizon). And so i have the required unlimited data plan and 500 text messages. The problem is that i keep going over my text message limit and i dont want to shell out more money for the 1500 texts plan. (My father pays for the phone/service and i know he wouldnt want to pay more for extra texts.)

I dont know if this is at all possible, but i was wondering if there was any way to make it so that i could send a text message without it counting as a text message (i want it to be counted as data, seeing as how i have the unlimited data plan). Any ideas?

Sending text messages is like making a phone call. It goes trough your carrier and I'm pretty sure that there's no way around this.

Send emails instead :)

BTW, 500 sms messages is what I send in a whole year. :D

Guest arpan11
Sending text messages is like making a phone call. It goes trough your carrier and I'm pretty sure that there's no way around this.

Send emails instead :)

BTW, 500 sms messages is what I send in a whole year. :D

hahah....i actually send and recieve like 2000 texts a month, but verizon-to-verizon messages are free so they dont count towards my texts. :)

Anyways i was thinking that maybe there was a way that someone could use a website to send texts (such as how verizonwireless.com or gmail chat can send texts), but make it nice and simple for mobile phones. (gmail chat doesnt work on my omnia, otherwise i would just text using gmail chat for free)

i dont know if i'm explaining my idea correctly....let me know if you dont get it lol

Guest arpan11

so i solved my own problem.... just in case anyone runs by this post and wants to know, i downloaded agile messenger at www.agilemobile.com and i just sign into AIM or google chat and send messages to mobile the mobile number of my choice. :)

Guest MrJoneswii
so i solved my own problem.... just in case anyone runs by this post and wants to know, i downloaded agile messenger at www.agilemobile.com and i just sign into AIM or google chat and send messages to mobile the mobile number of my choice. :)

For free?