(update 17.2.) (WAD2 Theme) Blackberry storm (WQVGA) final update - FIXED!!! Portrait+Landscape (also fixed!!)

Guest ales100i

Guest ales100i

OK. I-m publishing a final version of the theme for WAD2. This time i went for realism, so the theme is as close as i can get it to original theme that is installed on Blackberry storm. Again most of the icons are from "QVGA storm pack" theme from THECHAMPJT (found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...t=project+storm). Still using docks instead of pages. There are 9 docks in total. If the theme is runing a bit slow use the function "run in low memory mode" found in setting of WAD2.

In order for all functions to work you need these apps installed:

- favorite settings

- VITO SMS-Chat

- iGO8

- SBSH Pocket weather

and these icons for weather:

- large: Samurize 2 huger part 1 and 2 (find it here: http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=21255)

- small: Dedication 4 QVGA (find it here: http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showtopic=6172)

WHAT IS NEW:

- some bugs repaired

- icons have a text name under them

- docks are now made so you toggle them (second press of the icon hides the dock)

- original notification icons for missed calls, email and SMS

- original icon for an active alarm

- two page applications, first page made for original omnia apps with original icons from storm

INSTAL INSTRUCTIONS:

1. install WAD2 latest version 2.6.1 (in older versions sometimes the program doesn't launch when a theme is applied)

2. copy "blacberry storm (wqvga) final" anywhere on the device.

3. in explorer on the device double tap the copied wadesktop file and when prompted, install to WAD2 install directory - subdirectory themes

4. copy downloaded dedication and samurize weather icons folders anywhere on the device (put samurize icons in only one folder, because when you download it you'll have two folders, part1 and part2)

5. launch WAD2

6. long press anywhere on screen and chose settings

7. press "change theme" and choose final as default portrait theme

8. in settings go to tab icons and chose previously copied dedication icons folder for small icons and samurize folder for large icons.

9. in settings choose "run in low memory mode"

10. you're done.

I'm leaving v2 theme attached in order someone likes that version better.

This is my final version of this theme, as i think it's done to the end. Next project is to make another theme for omnia, which is also absolutely beautiful : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread...ight=simplicity

blackberry_storm_WQVGA_2.1.rar

post-435593-1234644181_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644186_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644193_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644202_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644213_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644217_thumb.png

post-435593-1234644222_thumb.png

blackberry_storm_WQVGA_final_fixed.zip

post-435593-1234704459_thumb.png

blackberry_storm__wqvga___landscape_v2.zip

Edited by ales100i

Guest bulderhart

Impressive! I'm definitely going to try it. Can you tell us a bit about what you had to do to make it work on the Omnia? I'm also thinking about replacing SPB MS with WAD2.

Thanks!

Guest ales100i
Impressive! I'm definitely going to try it. Can you tell us a bit about what you had to do to make it work on the Omnia? I'm also thinking about replacing SPB MS with WAD2.

Thanks!

I had quite a lot of work with this one. The theme from TheChampJT was made in QVGA and at first i tried to rearange everything to display correctly on WQVGA. But that was virtualy imposible because everything was totaly messed up on the screen when i installed TheChampJT's theme. So i created a totally new theme from scratch. All i used from "storm pack" was all the icons and a basic view of the desktop page. Luckly WAD2 has a very easy, quick to learn theme building engine. It was actually very fun, because you need very little programing knowledge to create something. But still, a few days work went into this one, and i'm not totaly pleased with it yet. Maybe in the next few days i'll post a polished version. I would appriciate any feedback and ideas what should be changed or added.

Guest Jokes On You
I had quite a lot of work with this one. The theme from TheChampJT was made in QVGA and at first i tried to rearange everything to display correctly on WQVGA. But that was virtualy imposible because everything was totaly messed up on the screen when i installed TheChampJT's theme. So i created a totally new theme from scratch. All i used from "storm pack" was all the icons and a basic view of the desktop page. Luckly WAD2 has a very easy, quick to learn theme building engine. It was actually very fun, because you need very little programing knowledge to create something. But still, a few days work went into this one, and i'm not totaly pleased with it yet. Maybe in the next few days i'll post a polished version. I would appriciate any feedback and ideas what should be changed or added.

I really like your theme but I have had one problem. The home doesnt display the same as yours does. I actually have a weather object grid there :) Also for when your building future themes you could use docks instead of pages becuase the theme loads quicker.

Guest Jokes On You
Hi,

Actually I have installed the WAD2 , but I cannot open the Blackberry Storm (wqvga).desktop? ....

How to open /run that file?

TIA

Just go into the blackberry storm folder and install the .waddesktop file. After that just go to the settings and scan for the theme. If you cant do any of this you may have WAD not WAD2

Guest Imationation
I really like your theme but I have had one problem. The home doesnt display the same as yours does. I actually have a weather object grid there :) Also for when your building future themes you could use docks instead of pages becuase the theme loads quicker.

I have the same problem with the weather in the home-screen... Any solution?

Guest ales100i
I have the same problem with the weather in the home-screen... Any solution?

Yes i realize there is some problem with loading of the theme on some devices. Do not know what causes it, sorry for that. But i will not investigate it, because i am creating a new version which will use docks instead of pages and some other modifications to make it run faster, smother and have more functionalities. It will be ready in a few day. Will post it here when is ready.

Edited by ales100i

Guest Imationation
Yes i realize there is some problem with loading of the theme on some devices. Do not know what causes it, sorry for that. But i will not investigate it, because i am creating a new version which will use docks instead of pages and some other modifications to make it run faster, smother and have more functionalities. It will be ready in a few day. Will post it here when is ready.

Great :)

I will be waiting :D I love it already, but if you can make it faster and fix the home-page, then it will be perfect :)

Guest Maxwell Newton

Hello,

iFonz has an option that when a program or the red key returns the device to the home screen iFonz kicks in and your actually back to its theme home page, does this have this option too, or does WAD, becuase i use the red key all the time!!

Thanks,

Max

Guest ales100i
Hello,

iFonz has an option that when a program or the red key returns the device to the home screen iFonz kicks in and your actually back to its theme home page, does this have this option too, or does WAD, becuase i use the red key all the time!!

Thanks,

Max

New version in post #1. Yes Max you can do that here by pressing home button, everything closes and you're on home screen.

Guest Imationation
New version in post #1. Yes Max you can do that here by pressing home button, everything closes and you're on home screen.

Hi Ales100i,

i just put the new version on my phone, but nothing changed :P I did everything step by step like you said in the installation guide.

The layout change even didn't change... So thumbcal is still the last icon on the lower row, last icon...

Any idea's?

ps.: My version is 2.1b build 1, but that shouldn't matter, right? My evaluation period of the newest version was expired :D So i installed this version...

edit:

I figured it out... I deleted the first version theme in the settings, and made the 2nd version the default portrait theme.

Now it works like your screenshots :(

But it's still slow when pressing a button. Sometimes I have to press 3x on the button before it reacts... Maybe it's a WAD-thingy?

But I love the theme B)

Thx m8!

Edited by Imationation

Guest zagzag99

It's very nice, but still kind of slow and seems heavy... everything loads much slower.

There's some problems with the calendar when there's a scroll ... if you manage to scroll it the calendar gets over the header area.

Volume choice looks not so nice.. it opens white popup and with a scrollbar.

I'll keep my eyes on the lookout if you get this to work faster.

Keep up the good work.

Guest ales100i
It's very nice, but still kind of slow and seems heavy... everything loads much slower.

There's some problems with the calendar when there's a scroll ... if you manage to scroll it the calendar gets over the header area.

Volume choice looks not so nice.. it opens white popup and with a scrollbar.

I'll keep my eyes on the lookout if you get this to work faster.

Keep up the good work.

The calendar scroll problem is the WAD program problem (it is a new addition in the last WAD version and it does not work properly yet), so no help there, the same is with sound profiles. It is a built in function of the program, and i have no knowledge how to change it. As the speed of the program goes, try running it in low-memory mode (find it in settings), it might help. It helped my and i do not see any shortcomings for functionalities while in low-mem mode. I will try to find out how to reduce memory consumption, but it will be difficult since there are so many graphical stuff that run at the same time.

Edited by ales100i

Guest Imationation
As the speed of the program goes, try running it in low-memory mode (find it in settings), it might help. It helped my and i do not see any shortcomings for functionalities while in low-mem mode. I will try to find out how to reduce memory consumption, but it will be difficult since there are so many graphical stuff that run at the same time.

Wow, i changed it and now it's freaking fast :( No more 3x pressing on a button to get a reaction B)

It's great :P

Thx man!

Final version of the theme in post #1.

Thanks for your Great work,

i installed your final version, it turn out a black screen with no button or icon. the RED & Black themes from your 2nd version still work. Did i miss something? please help

Guest ales100i
Thanks for your Great work,

i installed your final version, it turn out a black screen with no button or icon. the RED & Black themes from your 2nd version still work. Did i miss something? please help

I'm sorry, but apparently something hapened during transfer of files and the yesterday final version didn't work properly. Please download the fixed version found in post #1. Sorry again.

Guest MikeTay

May I know how do I change the shortcut target for lock to S2U2, Navigator to Garmin and Browser to Opera. The lock button changed to blank or off screen and navigator and browser do not work.

Thanks in advance.