NEW ROMS FROM SHOKKA9-FRESH AND HOT:)

Guest sardor

Guest bobobird

m2d Review

As with the Lite - nice and very fast and responsive. Great job.

Excellent theme - will you do this as a separate standalone installer ??

Flashlight - does not work.

Transcriber - return

Phone - One advantage the default SS phone app has over the default winmo dialler is that Contacts can be called up from within the phone app and so do not need Contacts to be assigned to the precious few softkeys we have. Will take a bit off the free mem but probably worth it, for a touch phone, the little contacts box is hardly usable!

Digital Frame can go

Media Album - return and Photo Slides can go

Smart converter - return (no 3rd party converter is thumb friendly)

ShowSIM - this is a difficult choice, on or off by default. Currently it is on and setting it off is fine except a reboot will reinstate showall. Little point keeping it on since most will sync the info to pim.vol but there could be users who do not do that and prefer using their sim contacts instead (portability!). Difficult choice.

Consider installing HTC Task Manager (has a Close on X setting which works just great)

Gmaps - update to Latitude version

Photo and Videos - set default Camera Shots menu to My Storage/100SSCAM ??

Programs - All Programs does not work (seems to be a common problem). Does work 1 time after each reboot. Is it possible to link this to some 3rd party Launcher instead ? Might work that way.

Guest bobobird

Side note

One thing about m2d is that unlike others (throttle launcher, ilauncher etc), the selected pane does not automatically return to the main panel after some (selectable) time period.

Guest bobobird
they are not as easy, the whole SYS kinda relies on a lot of it being there.

Maybe one day, when i have the skills to. I know what you mean tho. Good idea too

Similar to XP.

The main culprit I think is IE. But everything can be removed in XP provided the IE engine is left intact.

Guest shokka9
m2d Review

As with the Lite - nice and very fast and responsive. Great job. THANKS

Excellent theme - will you do this as a separate standalone installer ?? DONT KNOW

Flashlight - does not work. WORKS ON MINE, ANYONE ELSE IT NOT WORK FOR??

Transcriber - return WILL DO.. :D

Phone - One advantage the default SS phone app has over the default winmo dialler is that Contacts can be called up from within the phone app and so do not need Contacts to be assigned to the precious few softkeys we have. Will take a bit off the free mem but probably worth it, for a touch phone, the little contacts box is hardly usable!

Digital Frame can go GOING...

Media Album - return and Photo Slides can go WILL DO.. ;)

Smart converter - return (no 3rd party converter is thumb friendly) WHY NOT

ShowSIM - this is a difficult choice, on or off by default. Currently it is on and setting it off is fine except a reboot will reinstate showall. Little point keeping it on since most will sync the info to pim.vol but there could be users who do not do that and prefer using their sim contacts instead (portability!). Difficult choice. I AM A SIM USER :)

Consider installing HTC Task Manager (has a Close on X setting which works just great) IF CAN GET TO WORK IN M2D PROPERLY..

Gmaps - update to Latitude version MAYBE....

Photo and Videos - set default Camera Shots menu to My Storage/100SSCAM ??

Programs - All Programs does not work (seems to be a common problem). Does work 1 time after each reboot. Is it possible to link this to some 3rd party Launcher instead ? Might work that way. MMMMM..

See above bobo..thanks for your comments, i just make these for fun, so any criticism is appreciated. My skills are not the best, but i learn fast. Time is my enemy at the moment...

Enjoy your flashing, next FA meeting is next week :)

shokka9

Guest bobobird
See above bobo..thanks for your comments, i just make these for fun, so any criticism is appreciated. My skills are not the best, but i learn fast. Time is my enemy at the moment...

Enjoy your flashing, next FA meeting is next week :)

shokka9

None taken.

Next week eh ? great - will take a few days off then and see how your m2d works in real conditions.

SIM user eh ??? Yes maybe I should too... Why cant winmo do it like symbian, import vcard. export vcard, all info retained including photos. Using outlook to sync and photos disappear. grrrrrr

At least we have pim backup... hehe

Edited by bobobird

Guest Stevenh
stevenh

1. I said i removed it.... :D

2. Yeah, thats mine, look at my icon here, its what i use now, just so you know its me.

Remove what you want, its now your ROM, i just provide the goods. Have fun

Ah silly me... should've noticed that on your posts lol :)

Oh well, might try it again next week... so far I've installed about 6 new ROMs including my own and I only got my Omnia a few days ago! :)

Guest shokka9

see what you mean....

i use Opera to see YouTube vidz, better quality. I will look into it.

Apologies. I was meaning to remove this button, i dont really see the need if Opera does it better.

Thanks for heads up..

Guest TootsieRoll

Awesome ROM. Keep up the excellent work.

Good -- very responsive. GPS only takes 10 - 30 seconds to connect unlike before (given i live a cloudy state). :)

Bad -- M2D softkeys sometimes have to press twice to work :) (don't what could cause that - i'll hard reset to see if it fix it)

Other Thoughts -- will you leave Task Switcher in next time? I use that quite often. Then again there's cab file for it. :D

Keep it up man. I am learning to cook ROM too hopefully one day i'll make one myself. I can't wait till you release the version with HTC taskmanager

edit: how do i put more favorites links into the internet tab? is it even possible?

Edited by TootsieRoll

Guest shokka9
edit: how do i put more favorites links into the internet tab? is it even possible?

the registry has to be amended and extra xml lines need to be added ti HTCHomeSettings.xml; see maxycy thread in Omnia forum here...you cant miss it.

thanks for positive comments

Task manager will be making appearance (everybody seems to want!)

:)

Guest shokka9
and the next file is for show the ratio of the Battery (100% 90% like that)

and the end I like your rom a lot and I will wait your update :)

will give it a go...

Thanks for your input....Next ones be ready soon, waiting for new ROMs.

Guest shokka9
This rom is great, but i cant connect to my mobile network, any suggestions how i can fix this?

I havent took anything out regarding this, can you explain what you exactly trying to do, do you need internet sharing?? If so its removed, but you can download from my link above....

Again thanks for positive comments

Guest shokka9

sorry billou, i will be keeping it in the next ROMs. Seems a few people use it, the cab should work??

Never mind, thanks for you kind comment.

I also like the themes you posted!! :)

See you next time dude..

sorry billou, i will be keeping it in the next ROMs. Seems a few people use it, the cab should work??

Never mind, thanks for you kind comment.

I also like the themes you posted!! :D

See you next time dude..

Nope :) So when you post it, I download it and install it ;)

Thanks for the themes :)

Guest TootsieRoll
the registry has to be amended and extra xml lines need to be added ti HTCHomeSettings.xml; see maxycy thread in Omnia forum here...you cant miss it.

thanks for positive comments

Task manager will be making appearance (everybody seems to want!)

:)

Thanks for the guide, I will give it a try. Is there anyway to turn off auto keylock at the start of the call? I tried searching for that option under favorite hacking (awesome program btw) but found nothing. Did I miss it?

Guest arasman

Hi Shokka9

i ve installed the lite rom

it is very fast and responsive

thank you very very much

then installed a bunch of stuff (inesoft phone, spb pocket plus, spb weather, htc home plugin, sztupy all-in-one , opera by lufeig ...)

all work fine

except opera or skyfire none of these are working efficiently

you can not scroll thru opera

am i making a mistake here ? should i have added some app? i also downloaded opera directly from their website but no good

another is sztupy touchflo weather tab i could t add any city but with the home plugin i could.

i have found a working smart converter but internet sharing doesn t work

please add them to your next rom

i will keep testing but i can not use it if i can not solve browser issues

kepp up the good work

Guest shokka9

use Opera (latest build) found in Lufeigs thread (and my link in this thread) its build 15233. I used to install that (even after remving it).

It works fine, never had issues with it. What build did you download from Opera site?? Skyfire, not sure about that, if it worked on other ROMs, it should work on this one too?

Not sure about weather city? Thats an M2D thing, have you tried my M2D ROM? It has Opera already in it too.

Thanks for your comments, Internet Sharing will definately be making an appearance in the next ROMs, as well as my new (modified) theme.

Guest arasman
use Opera (latest build) found in Lufeigs thread (and my link in this thread) its build 15233. I used to install that (even after remving it).

It works fine, never had issues with it. What build did you download from Opera site?? Skyfire, not sure about that, if it worked on other ROMs, it should work on this one too?

Not sure about weather city? Thats an M2D thing, have you tried my M2D ROM? It has Opera already in it too.

Thanks for your comments, Internet Sharing will definately be making an appearance in the next ROMs, as well as my new (modified) theme.

well

i have also tried 15233 after your reply and it is working flawlessly :(

the ones i tried were 2802 by lufeig and 951b2 (2723) from the site

why would 2802 not work? it is more youtube friendly

and i got skyfire working too?

B)

just in need of internet sharing

you have cooked one of the best roms ever

thanks

i will also look into m2d one

Guest new2city

Hey shokka9, great ROM. This is the first time I am using your ROM. Working great, stable. One small issue though. I can't play midi files anymore for my ring tone, do you know why? I am checking XDA for some answers as I had this issue before... Thanks.

removed attachment

Edited by new2city

Guest shokka9

thanks new2city

all good comments so far... midi tones (??), maybe something to do with streaming player. Not removed any other audio apps?? Strange..

Internet sharing will be defo in next releases. I may release an updated ROM tonight? If i can get it to upload! Building is the easy bit, uploading for me on 3G is super difficult.

If you find out the answer bout your midi, holla back, so i know what is missing for you (and maybe others).

thanks again