orange gave me wrong ROM?

Guest afhstingray

Guest afhstingray

Hi,

my touch HD was stolen, and orange sent me a replacement thru orange care insurance. the weird thing is, while it has the orange logo on the back cover, i seem to have the WWE rom, even the startup screen has the HTC logo, not the orange one. google maps was installed, and i dont see any sign of orange specific stuff which was present on my first touch HD.

should i report this?

Guest jonajuna

hell no, from what i can see the orange rom is pants, be thankful you have an unbranded one

or flash it to a decent cooked rom and really see your tHD fly :(

Guest afhstingray

well yea, it dosent make a lot of difference to me, because i prefer this rom anyway. but im wondering if i have an older rom or something.

"When orange first got the HD back in november08 wave 1 they shipped so fast that the only branding was an orange logo on the back and all sold out in 3 weeks. By the time wave 2 was shipped in jan 09 they had mostly replaced the roms with orange branding. yours looks like one left over fronm wave 1, perhaps one sent back for a refund or something! in my opinion wave 1 roms were better as unbranded! hope that helps."

got this response on a different forum....

and i checked my build date in the serial number....

my old one was built in week 53 of 2008, this one was built in week 45. i guess i got an old stock. i hope it dosent have any hardware problems or anything

are the cooked roms really that good? im sceptical about using them since its my primary phone. when i used various cooked roms on my old M5000 they had various quirks that were sometimes annoying.

am i using the latest rom? what version is the orange rom you have? my details are:

ROM Version: 1.14.405.3 (22273) WWE

ROM Date: 10/24/08

Radio Version: 1.09.25.14

Protocol Version: 52.49a.25.26u

im waiting for an official HTC wm6.5 rom :(

Edited by afhstingray

Guest squirreleater

I also had my HD replaced when the speaker went on it, mine also starts up with the HTC logo etc and i can't find any orange related branding on the software. So yes, sounds like they sent out the warranty phones without orange roms :(

I'm a little scared to flash my phone, got it working nice now- unlike my old K850i that i couldn't wait to flash it was so bad! Any pointers on flashing the HD? Is it something a relative winmo novice can do?

Ta,

Edited by squirreleater

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Acelister

I know this is an old topic, but for anyone still wondering, the older rom will have been on Care stock. Those have probably been worked through by now though. A much better rom... I dunno why HTC let Orange change things in the software...