Need to add Hebrew support after WM 6 upgrade

Guest d3bugg3r

Guest d3bugg3r

I've upgraded my mobile to use the latest WM 6 (using the official ROM but i had to unbrand my i600).

i own Samsung i600 (from Cellcom), everything went just great with the upgrade - everything is working fine, i only have a problem with my Hebrew, as i did not backup the Cellcom_MUI.cab before i upgraded the system i dont have any Hebrew support, that means no SMS or Contacts.

Any bright idea from someone !?

Eyron doesnt have any working version for i600 with mobile6.

Guest Dark Horse
I've upgraded my mobile to use the latest WM 6 (using the official ROM but i had to unbrand my i600).

i own Samsung i600 (from Cellcom), everything went just great with the upgrade - everything is working fine, i only have a problem with my Hebrew, as i did not backup the Cellcom_MUI.cab before i upgraded the system i dont have any Hebrew support, that means no SMS or Contacts.

Any bright idea from someone !?

Eyron doesnt have any working version for i600 with mobile6.

Hi there and welcome to the forums. I think you'll be in the same boat as anyone who requires a ligature based language such as Arabic or Hebrew, there are lots of third party apps that add support for PocketPC but nothing for Smartphone, at least nothing that works reliably.

You might want to try downloading the free Arabic and Hebrew font by Beiks from here and then change the system font to use this new Arial unicode font for your SMS and contacts. Again though, because of no ligature support, the letters will read from left to right and won't be joined up.

If you do find a way to install the Hebrew font on WM6 please do share it here.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest d3bugg3r

Such a shame...

i've contacted Eyron to check if they offer any support - they said no...

what is it with Microsoft, i know that hebrew has a small market share.. but common.. how hard can it be to include RTL support together with few basic fonts...

Hi there and welcome to the forums. I think you'll be in the same boat as anyone who requires a ligature based language such as Arabic or Hebrew, there are lots of third party apps that add support for PocketPC but nothing for Smartphone, at least nothing that works reliably.

You might want to try downloading the free Arabic and Hebrew font by Beiks from here and then change the system font to use this new Arial unicode font for your SMS and contacts. Again though, because of no ligature support, the letters will read from left to right and won't be joined up.

If you do find a way to install the Hebrew font on WM6 please do share it here.

Regards,

Dark Horse

Guest Dark Horse
Such a shame...

i've contacted Eyron to check if they offer any support - they said no...

what is it with Microsoft, i know that hebrew has a small market share.. but common.. how hard can it be to include RTL support together with few basic fonts...

Agreed, it's stupid of MS especially as it's quite easy to stick another language on a Nokia or Symbian equivalent. The only other thing you might want to try is to check XDA forums for an i600 WM6 ROM containing Hebrew that you can flash the handset with.

Guest d3bugg3r

Well, as it seems that there's no valid solution, and it knowing how slow things will work here in Israel

i've ReFlashed it with WM 5, i600XXGD1_REV15.exe with hope that i can get Eyron hebrew to work on it.

Agreed, it's stupid of MS especially as it's quite easy to stick another language on a Nokia or Symbian equivalent. The only other thing you might want to try is to check XDA forums for an i600 WM6 ROM containing Hebrew that you can flash the handset with.

• 3 months later...
Guest mlinzer

I have a Samsung BlackJack II (i617), and was able to use the hebrew support from P.D.A.C (www.wince.co.il). Had to have them install it themselves in their office in TA, and it screws up the interface a bit, but it works, I am able to read emails, web, contacts, etc. It is also not cheap. good luck,

Moshe