Pantech Matrix Pro locked down

Guest iJITSU

Guest iJITSU

Bought a Matrix Pro online. Tried to "application unlock" it via SDA Unlocker, which has worked on all my previous phones, and got an error message saying the phone was unlockable. Tried to edit the security policies via a registry editor and it wouldn't allow me. Installed MS Security Configuration Manager and saw that the phone has two tier security in play. Anyone have any idea how to application unlock this phone? As it stands now, I can't install flash lite 3.1, can't get rid of the icons in the start menu that I don't use (i.e. all of AT&T's junk), etc. Any help would be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest seminole103

Any progress... I'm having the same problem. I have tried SDA_unlocker and it says the phone is unlockable. I have also downloaded the MS Security Confi Mgr and tried to change the Config type without any luck. I'm not a .Net CF dev, but it seems like we need an application signed with a certificate in the phone's privileged certificate store to unlock the phone. Any thoughts how we get one of those?

• 1 year later...
Guest WMROMuser
Any progress... I'm having the same problem. I have tried SDA_unlocker and it says the phone is unlockable. I have also downloaded the MS Security Confi Mgr and tried to change the Config type without any luck. I'm not a .Net CF dev, but it seems like we need an application signed with a certificate in the phone's privileged certificate store to unlock the phone. Any thoughts how we get one of those?

I have this phone and screwed it up that caused it to freeze on AT&T world phone message in startup. Try this for your problem: hold down S+L+power button to clean reboot. Make shure your SD card and SIM card are out. What you are doing is a hard reset. At the green WinMo version 6.1 screen it should say "clean reboot". Then it should ask you to set it up as if it was booting up for the first time out-of-box :lol: Hope this helps! B)