[ROM] Omnia WM 6.5.1 ROM base DXIF1 build 23081 with BT-audio fix (1 November 2009)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest mrbig2000
i think i won't be able to get ridge of my old XP laptop yet.

kept trying & trying, couldn't flash ROMs with Vista B)

So tell me what happend? On tuesday I will have access to a vista notebook, then I will test if it works for me. I can't image what the problem may be, because windows 7 is very similar to vista (in contrary to xp).

Guest stylus1828

Thanks Khuanchai for the updates! i have one question regarding the wm 6.1 rom build 20271 ... in settings- system there is an icon that does not work and has no name... what is that? and how can i fix it or remove it? thankx again for your hard work!

post-456670-1237159119_thumb.png

Edited by stylus1828

Guest second_east

To those asking if wi-fi works, yes it works well. so does the GPS. Nice ROM. Im using build 21189 with BT fix. Thanks kuanchai and to all responsible in creating this ROM.

Today,i can turn on screen display although i can recieve call.I can't softreset.I must take out battery and put it back to turn on phone.I use BT fixed version.Everything else are good(mail,wifi...)

I'm trying to download w/ BT fixed version.

Guest Khuanchai

Thank you everyone for testing my ROM an quick reports.

better link for download manager [ROM] Omnia TouchFlo2D build 21189 (15 March 2009)

http://www.mediafire.com/?vzmwmnjwnfn

Thanks, salammanshahabam55555, for the mirror. I updated it in the first post.

congratulation Khuanchai, i flashed my phone to your new "Omnia TouchFlo 2D build 21189 without Bluetooth fix" ROM and have nothing else to complain for now :(

never been happier with my Omnia.

also thanks to sector, qbus & all others who's been helping our experts here in this community to make this beta WM6.5 works. (we thought it was impossible to make this WM6.5 to work like it now)

Thanks, hlay, for a quick test and report. Glad you enjoy this ROM. B)

we couldnt make it better without you testers to be honest :(.

so beers to everyone

Cheers! :(

@ khuanchai

Could you post the HTC task manager you cooked in the first 21189 ROM as a cab? Because it's often missing in your other ROMs and I would like to be able to install in manually, if possible.

And do you know why in some ROMs the tabs and scroll bars are "better" than in others? Is it the default windows black theme? Could you post that too?

I'm referring to the 21189 pictures from sector in the other wm6.5 thread. You can see the smoother tabs there.

Lg mrbig

Will upload some OEM packages when time and storage spage allow.

I will check on the Tab and Scrollbar issues.

Sory my bad English. Thanks for your job. I flashed your 6.5 rom. I got a problem. My favorite medical program is a uptodate 16.3. I need to this program. I tried multiple 6.5 rom, but it didn't run uptodate. These roms are included IE6. Uptodate is need to explorer. Explorer said that dns error bla bla bla... However pdaviet 6.5 roms (20a and 20b) run uptodate nothing error. Maybe your roms IE need regedit.

I'm using UTD 16.2 and no problem with this. Maybe I should test with 16.3.

Im using G-Alarm 1.5.1 and it works no problems on the 6.5 21189 rom. Woke me up this morning xD

Thanks, zha50. This is the first post that says G-alarm is working. Giganton and others may want to test this.

Thanks Khuanchai for the updates! i have one question regarding the wm 6.1 rom build 20271 ... in settings- system there is an icon that does not work and has no name... what is that? and how can i fix it or remove it? thankx again for your hard work!

This happens when you enable the Large Display setting for the first time. This will also disable the honeycomb start menu. The abnormal icon will disappear after a soft reset.

Edited by Khuanchai

Guest mynullvoid

The Titanium UI, the icon is a bit 'pressed' especially the clock icon, can we align it to be lower so that the image will be clearer.

Another things is the honeycomb region I used to slip opening Media Player when I want to click at Settings. Can we adjust the region or realign it

Guest chokia

More updates on 21189 BT FIX

+ The original build-in alarm works just fine. It woke me up at 6.50AM this morning

+ Voice recoqnition with Microsoft Voice Command either via phone mic or bt headset mic is very good, unlike previous version

+ GPS blazing fast locking in 2 seconds (tried last nite rainy and cloudy morning today) Garmin Mobile XT

When you lock (with end button) all buttons will be locked except for the top side button i set for voice command- not sure this is a good thing or not

I need a favour can anyone help me to extract tahoma.tff and tahomabd.tff from windows directory of other ROM (i.e taril's) that can support chinese, japanese and korean.

Thanks

More updates on 21189 BT FIX

+ The original build-in alarm works just fine. It woke me up at 6.50AM this morning

+ Voice recoqnition with Microsoft Voice Command either via phone mic or bt headset mic is very good, unlike previous version

+ GPS blazing fast locking in 2 seconds (tried last nite rainy and cloudy morning today) Garmin Mobile XT

When you lock (with end button) all buttons will be locked except for the top side button i set for voice command- not sure this is a good thing or not

I need a favour can anyone help me to extract tahoma.tff and tahomabd.tff from windows directory of other ROM (i.e taril's) that can support chinese, japanese and korean.

Thanks

for Chinese, you can install Sunglobe font. Japanese & Korean, i'm not sure

Guest sorphalla22

Hi..

That's the great ROM, there is no problem so far...however, i did 3 Hreset before everything runing well..

Just want to mention, one feature not include is Call Recording while it has in Sector version E, is it build in WM6.5? Could you possibility check it? it's nice feature and fun sometimes... B)

Thank..

Guest Khuanchai
Hi..

That's the great ROM, there is no problem so far...however, i did 3 Hreset before everything runing well..

Just want to mention, one feature not include is Call Recording while it has in Sector version E, is it build in WM6.5? Could you possibility check it? it's nice feature and fun sometimes... B)

Thank..

This is probably incorporated by sector to his ROM. Someone should direct the link to me if you think it should be added in the next version.

I forgot to tell that lubo777 has written a great guide for VoIP use. If you wan to use VoIP that is builtin, please check the link to his guide in the first post.

Guest gianton
Im using G-Alarm 1.5.1 and it works no problems on the 6.5 21189 rom. Woke me up this morning xD

Which version are you using? With or without BT fix.

EDIT: I can only make it work when I disable S2U2 and turn off settings under power option.

Edited by gianton

Guest Wize1

The better looking scrollbars and pop ups from Sectors wm6.5 are attached (Hope you don't mind!)

Extract and copy file into windows folder on device, the go to Start - Settings - Today and choose "Windows Mobile Black"

Thanks Sector and Khuanchai for all your hard work bringing WM 6.5 to our Omnias !!!

Windows_Mobile_Black.zip

Guest bobobird

Hi Khuanchai

Testing the BT fixed version

All good so far. Wakeup issue is no longer an issue. Perhaps you could post your solution so that other chefs can implement it into their roms also ??

GPS Xtras - the app has less functions then the IA2 version.

New - carrier data settings - very good.

Today Menu is missing - many would prefer the 6.5 main screen but not many will not like the troublesome honeycomb system. I think the old menu should be included for those who prefer to enable large menus.

Will post more when I get round to the other features.

Otherwise all good. Great work and thanks.

Edited by bobobird

Guest Khuanchai
Hi Khuanchai

Testing the BT fixed version

All good so far. Wakeup issue is no longer an issue. Perhaps you could post your solution so that other chefs can implement it into their roms also ??

GPS Xtras - the app has less functions then the IA2 version.

New - carrier data settings - very good.

Today Menu is missing - many would prefer the 6.5 main screen but not many will not like the troublesome honeycomb system. I think the old menu should be included for those who prefer to enable large menus.

Will post more when I get round to the other features.

Otherwise all good. Great work and thanks.

Thanks, bobobird, for reports/comments.

For BT fix, I exactly follow liads's and stevenh's solutions. The only difference is because I use a different ROM kitchen.

I'll check the GPSExtra I thought this is the most current one (from CSC IA5).

To use classic Start menu, just enable Enlarge Display setting.

Guest Omnia-Winker

Any way I can get the windows black theme for this ROM. from the previous 6.5 build I was using, this theme, added enhancements to

File Explorer

messaging

email.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Guest Shadowy
Any way I can get the windows black theme for this ROM. from the previous 6.5 build I was using, this theme, added enhancements to

File Explorer

messaging

email.

Any help would be great

Cheers

Four posts up??

Guest Wize1

Anyone else having a problem answering a call when phone is locked?

I push on answer ( Touch screen) nothing happens

Try answering with hardware button still nothing

Cant unlock and answer either B)

Anyone have work around or is it back to S2U2 ?

Guest gianton
Anyone else having a problem answering a call when phone is locked?

I push on answer ( Touch screen) nothing happens

Try answering with hardware button still nothing

Cant unlock and answer either B)

Anyone have work around or is it back to S2U2 ?

Happened to me once. I disabled Call ID in S2U2, soft reset and then re-enabled it and works OK.

there are msn icons but nothing run when i click on it.

in setting,if i press ok,it will close.i must go back start\setting to continue.

everything else in without bt fixed are good(wifi,gps,m2d,apps add in).but i do not like dial interface.three bottom key are far from taskbar and without lock in call.we can touch something undesireble in call.