HELP! - QuickMenu 2.8 has disassociated my 'Start' button...

Guest Paulplex

Guest Paulplex

Hi guys,

I downloaded the application QuickMenu v2.8 from FreewarePocketPC.net (http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...kmenu-v2-7.html) and although it's nice, it wasn't for me - especially since I've stuck the newer version of Manilla 2D from XDA-Developers on instead.

Uninstalling the application through the Settings -> System -> Remove Programs menu and links, I had to also delete the 'QuickLaunch.lnk' shortcut from the Windows/Startup folder manually to prevent an error popping up about an inability to find QuickLaunch.exe when the phone turns on - and thought that was the job done...

...unfortunately, it appears Quick Menu maps its QuickLaunch.exe application to the Start hardware key on your phone; meaning that once you uninstall it, although you can tap the windows flag to bring up the Start menu via the screen, you can't press the hardware Start key without a prompt warning that the application QuickLaunch.exe can't be found.

A long and round-about way of asking I suppose, but does anybody know how to remap the Start menu hardware button on an HTC TyTNII (I've looked at various hardware key re-mapping tools but they don't include the 'Start' key as one you can change) and what it should be remapped to to ensure it operates the 'Start' menu on the screen?

Guest Paulplex

Opps, fixed it for myself, but if anyone else has a similar query, here's how I fixed it...

Goto Settings -> Personal -> Buttons and you'll note that the 'Start' button (button 3) is set to <Start Menu> - this doesn't work (brings up the QuickLaunch.exe application instead of the regular Start menu) so change that to anything else and click on ok. Now go back into Buttons and edit the 'Start' button to <Start Menu> again and confirm the changes - the Start button is now the default Windows one again, as I'd wanted B)

Hi guys,

I downloaded the application QuickMenu v2.8 from FreewarePocketPC.net (http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-downlo...kmenu-v2-7.html) and although it's nice, it wasn't for me - especially since I've stuck the newer version of Manilla 2D from XDA-Developers on instead.

Uninstalling the application through the Settings -> System -> Remove Programs menu and links, I had to also delete the 'QuickLaunch.lnk' shortcut from the Windows/Startup folder manually to prevent an error popping up about an inability to find QuickLaunch.exe when the phone turns on - and thought that was the job done...

...unfortunately, it appears Quick Menu maps its QuickLaunch.exe application to the Start hardware key on your phone; meaning that once you uninstall it, although you can tap the windows flag to bring up the Start menu via the screen, you can't press the hardware Start key without a prompt warning that the application QuickLaunch.exe can't be found.

A long and round-about way of asking I suppose, but does anybody know how to remap the Start menu hardware button on an HTC TyTNII (I've looked at various hardware key re-mapping tools but they don't include the 'Start' key as one you can change) and what it should be remapped to to ensure it operates the 'Start' menu on the screen?