787 replies to this topic

yts17

yts17

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Devices:Samsun omnia i900

You could have solved all your doubts by simply reading all the previous posts of this thread B) It had already been said.

Ya :$ . sorry for making fast reply .
anyway How can i know if I have the new touchscreen or the old one . is there a specific release date for the omnia that should have the new supertouch screens!

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts
  • Devices:i900

Ya :$ . sorry for making fast reply .
anyway How can i know if I have the new touchscreen or the old one . is there a specific release date for the omnia that should have the new supertouch screens!

read post 38 of this thread. Anyway if you have one of the latest Omnia, like the black one or Omnia reloaded, you will surely have the new hardware.

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

With a simply search you could have avoided your question, anyway:
I can tell you that it's 100% true: i am telling this because dozens and dozens of people in Italy went to a Samsung service centre asking for a free replacement of their touch because they had to do lot of pressure and the sensitivity was really bad. The centre replaced it and all of them can see a huge improvement. ROM was still the same and nothing else had been modified except for the new touch screen.
For example read post #82 and #95 at this page.
http://www.modaco.co...solved/page/80/

Hope you all understood now B)

I got a question ... If I go to samsung france (in fact i don't think the country matters...) BUT with a custom rom, would they change my touch screen anyway ?? ^^

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

I got a question ... If I go to samsung france (in fact i don't think the country matters...) BUT with a custom rom, would they change my touch screen anyway ?? ^^

IMHO i don't think so, you should have an official samsung Rom on your OMnia when you bring it to the samsung assistance. But maybe they don't even check it B) but it's a risk anyway

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Anyway ... I bought a screen ! ^^
And I can go back to an official rom whenever I want ! (I think ... xD)

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Anyway ... I bought a screen ! ^^
And I can go back to an official rom whenever I want ! (I think ... xD)

yep that's true. I bought the same as yours, i only hope the the installation will not be so difficult B)

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I hope we wont break up our devices xD

msra6la2

msra6la2

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Interests:Man United, the tag line &quot;United &gt; England&quot; pretty much sums up how much I love the club<br /><br />Cross Country<br /><br />Finance and Investment, Econometrics and Economics, Political Economy<br /><br />Messing around with my Windows Mobile phone(s)<br /><br />watching movies with friends<br /><br />Poker<br />
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000H

I am not completely sure that the touch screens on ebay are the most recent one, but i would like to buy the black one and it shoudl be the most sensitive since it's one of the most recent B)
Try this tricks on your mobile, they should improve the sensitivity: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH >"CalibrationData" change to the following: 519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > HARDWARE > DEVICEMAP > TOUCH > change the "click" value to:

and the downup value to:

but if you have to use the nail the best thing to do, would be replace the touch screen with the new one

I don't use my nail, I use the top of my left and/or right thumb and of my right index finger, it does the job equally well. But becos mine has the old touch screen. It can never be as good as my F488 Touchwiz which has Capacitive touchscreen (it's the Tocco but in Asia it's called the Touchwiz).

Thing is - I read the user manual and I have decided it's way too complicated for me to complete the replacement process. I don't fancy doing such job....in case I screw my phone up (I mean literally breaking it into pieces). Samsung UK is a bunch of pricks who wouldn't do s*** for you, so if I need some1 trustworthy who can complete the job for me

Samsung Omnia II GT-i8000H:
Samsung Touchwiz 2.0 UI with Tacchan Black Theme
S2U2 Lockscreen v2.41 with Samsung Lockscreen Modification

ROM:
Eboot: NXXJE1
PDA: HZHJC2
CSC: HGTYJC2
Phone: NXXJC2

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
The new touch screen isn't as good as the F480's one ?? B)

Michael122w

Michael122w

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Gigabyte i3oo , Samsung Omnia

Samsung UK is a bunch of pricks who wouldn't do s*** for you, so if I need some1 trustworthy who can complete the job for me

Agree - Samsungs credibility has dropped a level in my books - the touch screen on our devices is rubbish and they have clearly corrected the fault in newer devices. Worst of all, they haven't even given us the information to know how to fix our devices (eg publish a part number or production sequence so we can fix out devices - even at out own expense).

But, I am still keen to get a new Digitizor and have my screen respond properly B) My only concern it the range of digitizors availalbe on ebay. There are cheap ones for AUD$30 (inc postage) though to AUD$75. Which ones are the good ones and which are just old stock. I really don't want to stuff round with my screen only to find out I have added the same dodgy screen back in!! Anyone have any clues?

Michael

ronzo77

ronzo77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts
Hi Rapixx, lantony, have you installed the wholesaleandy touchscreens? Anything to report? Want to confirm if they are the newer better ones B)

Rapixx

Rapixx

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Hi Rapixx, lantony, have you installed the wholesaleandy touchscreens? Anything to report? Want to confirm if they are the newer better ones B)

I didn't received it yet, and lantony shouldn't.
Just wait 7-15 days, and I will report !! ^^
(I can't wait .. ='( )

ronzo77

ronzo77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

I didn't received it yet, and lantony shouldn't.
Just wait 7-15 days, and I will report !! ^^
(I can't wait .. ='( )

ok.. thanks! B)

grypenigma

grypenigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
hi all,

i'm from malaysia and i asked the samsung service center earlier today on this super touch, they said there is no such thing?

is it only available in other countries?

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

hi all,

i'm from malaysia and i asked the samsung service center earlier today on this super touch, they said there is no such thing?

is it only available in other countries?

Oh my god are you joking? Of course they told you that!
Supertouch is just a name that i used to specify that there are 2 different touch. You just should go to the samsung centre and tell them that the touch on your Omnia is not responsive and it's really bad even if you updated to the latest rom. They will provide you a touch replacement for free (at least that's what happens in Italy)

grypenigma

grypenigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Oh my god are you joking? Of course they told you that!
Supertouch is just a name that i used to specify that there are 2 different touch. You just should go to the samsung centre and tell them that the touch on your Omnia is not responsive and it's really bad even if you updated to the latest rom. They will provide you a touch replacement for free (at least that's what happens in Italy)

oh how silly i've been. haha

anyway i've changed my screen because it was damaged.

not too sure why, but my screen has improved a lot. i dont have to put so much pressure like i used to.

lantony

lantony

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

oh how silly i've been. haha

anyway i've changed my screen because it was damaged.

not too sure why, but my screen has improved a lot. i dont have to put so much pressure like i used to.

Sorry did u replace it by yourself or the samsung centre did it for you?

ccheong68

ccheong68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Hi, saw touch panel on this website, http://mobile.brando...p?prod_id=03838.

grypenigma

grypenigma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Sorry did u replace it by yourself or the samsung centre did it for you?

samsung did it for me. B)

3shirts

3shirts

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Devices:Nexus S
I just rang Samsung UK and had a 10 minute argument with a girl who insisted it is designed to be used with the stylus. I pointed out this site: http://omnia.samsungmobile.com/ and the fact that the 'touch' section clearly highlights that it is designed for the finger but she was slightly stupid I think. In the end she said if I wanted to send it for repair they would look at it but if it works with the stylus it's unlikely to be repaired and i'll be without my phone for at least 2 weeks!

Didn't exactly fill me with confidence or leave me with a favourable view of Samsung! Looks like it's do it myself or put up with it as is!

Edited by 3shirts, 26 March 2009 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users