How to open password protected word files on WM ???

Guest ZanderZa

Guest ZanderZa

Hi guys,

I have searched everywhere but i cant find any solution for this.

I have a password protected .docx (Office 2007 Word) file on my PC,which i have copied to my HTC Touch HD,but i cant open it using pocket word,i get the following message :"Password protected files are not supported"...

Is there any work around for this,or any alternative software i can use which supports password protected word files?

I want to keep the file password protected prefferably,as it contains some personal inforamtion.

Thanx in advance. _________________

Guest Shuflie

Use encrypted storage on your SD card and keep your phone password protected. But be careful when hardresetting or updating as you will loose the encryption key and need to restore everything from a backup. You also need to be aware that only files created on the device or added through activesync or WMDC are going to be encrypted, not sure about the storage card feature but I'd imagine it just the same as taking the card out and connecting it to a reader on your computer so the files you add won't be encrypted.

If the file is just a list of your credit card details/passwords etc. you could always just buy one of the many wallet programs around which do everything you need in a nicer format.