ROM flashing

Guest jukeboxmusic

Guest jukeboxmusic

Just a couple of quick questions

1. Does it affect my warranty and insurance?

2. Can i remove it and go back to how it was out the box?

Thanks.

Guest Rishi_Tank
Just a couple of quick questions

1. Does it affect my warranty and insurance?

2. Can i remove it and go back to how it was out the box?

Thanks.

i would like to know this as well!!! Since ive noticed how various ROMs improve the performance of the HTC Touch HD. And i wouldnt want to lose all my contacts, messages, settings and so on when flashing a new ROM. There must be a way to backup the original ROM? hmm

• 1 month later...
Guest Hemm

FLASHING WILL VOID WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK

U CAN FIND THE STOCK ROM ON XDA FORUM ALONG WITH STOCK SPL

Guest squirreleater
i would like to know this as well!!! Since ive noticed how various ROMs improve the performance of the HTC Touch HD. And i wouldnt want to lose all my contacts, messages, settings and so on when flashing a new ROM. There must be a way to backup the original ROM? hmm

Go to XDA developers, search for ' PIM backup' you can save contacts,email,etc with that, maybe go find sprite backup as well to be safe.

As said, you can flash back to the original rom at anytime.

Save any apps to your storage card, so you can just reinstall them after flashing (flashing wipes the phone totally)

All I will say is read up lots before you do anything, download all you need to your pc first, even stuff you think you don't need, cause if you cock it up toy'll be glad to have it there.

There is a risk, but read up first and it's fine, rather nervy the first time but you soon get used to it, I flash a rom every few days now!

• 1 month later...
Guest pete_thomson
Go to XDA developers, search for ' PIM backup' you can save contacts,email,etc with that, maybe go find sprite backup as well to be safe.

As said, you can flash back to the original rom at anytime.

Save any apps to your storage card, so you can just reinstall them after flashing (flashing wipes the phone totally)

All I will say is read up lots before you do anything, download all you need to your pc first, even stuff you think you don't need, cause if you cock it up toy'll be glad to have it there.

There is a risk, but read up first and it's fine, rather nervy the first time but you soon get used to it, I flash a rom every few days now!

So long as you follow the ROMs flashing guide (some are slightly different to others) it's reasonably hard to get it wrong.

I've yet to have one go wrong (touch wood), just take your time and you'll be fine.