New ROM for Omnia i910

Guest BamDastard

Guest Saluki HHI
No one knows when this will be released officially. If you are worried about it then don't install it and wait for VZW to release it. The directions are easy to follow though so I doubt you would have trouble.

Thanks BW, I think I will take the plunge after the rugrat goes to bed, will widgets work with Samsung today 2?

Guest blazingwolf
Thanks BW, I think I will take the plunge after the rugrat goes to bed, will widgets work with Samsung today 2?

No, they won't. It is still a separate today plugin that must be on it's own.

Guest Saluki HHI
No, they won't. It is still a separate today plugin that must be on it's own.

No big deal, GPS confirmed though? That makes all the difference in the world. I've been following the GPS thread since I got the phone.

Guest amazingashton
No big deal, GPS confirmed though? That makes all the difference in the world. I've been following the GPS thread since I got the phone.

yes yes it works. someone tell me what the black theme on page two is! please?! ha.

Guest avluis

I'm back from work and happier than ever.

I was actually going to announce that the gps does work, but it looks like a few found out for themselves.

What a little world it is today.

I still remember the hard time we gave that savior of mankind for us vzw omnia owners and to think that the very same firmware that verizon is testing has a working gps!!

I can't be any happier.

BTW, mine works with manage with windows. Now to figure out rom cooking!

Guest WhoTheHellAmI

It's working with almost no problems for me...there are slight stability issues, my google maps made me send 3 reports, and poutlook.exe had me send one, but that is expected for a beta...when verizon finally releases the stable version, that won't be an issue, but this rom WILL NOT brick your phone if you follow the instructions in the .pdf file to the letter. Calling and data are not an issue unless you mess something up. But overall, the programs run like they are supposed to, speed is up from previous version, and gps is unlocked...major stuff fixed.

Guest WoZZeR999

The speed is much greater. The only problem I've seen is the phone freezing every once and a while.

Also, if you back up your PST settings, it should be safe to update the Phone (not Eboot/PDA/CSC) Rom.

Edited by WoZZeR999

Guest flyaf05

Worked great for me...

Use the "unified image file box" to load the rom img

Also if you're using vista all you have to do is open Windows Mobile Device Center, select mobile device settings, then connection settings to disable the active sync

Guest avluis
It's working with almost no problems for me...there are slight stability issues, my google maps made me send 3 reports, and poutlook.exe had me send one, but that is expected for a beta...when verizon finally releases the stable version, that won't be an issue, but this rom WILL NOT brick your phone if you follow the instructions in the .pdf file to the letter. Calling and data are not an issue unless you mess something up. But overall, the programs run like they are supposed to, speed is up from previous version, and gps is unlocked...major stuff fixed.

yep! and fyi, send those map reports to navteq is there is discrepancy in the area that you live whenever you nav. navteq distributes their map info to a lot of outlets, like garmin( to name one).

I just got an email for them due to a similar road misname and they are adding this to their list of releases, I need to hurry up and drive some more.

Also, make sure that you write those coordinates unless you have trip tracking and your gps apps remembers coordinates.

Guest Are these my pants?

Oh s***, I may be the first casualty here. I followed the PDF, it detected and began to flash. It failed somewhere, the phone did not reboot and now it will not restart, stalls on the boot screen... :excl:

Guest WoZZeR999

I managed to get a a dump from the img. So I can access the .NB file and .NB0 file. I have lots of reading to do to learn about cooking.

Guest avluis
Oh s***, I may be the first casualty here. I followed the PDF, it detected and began to flash. It failed somewhere, the phone did not reboot and now it will not restart, stalls on the boot screen... :excl:

does it show the omnia logo when it boot?

try again, but this time you'll have to reset the phone to flash.

does it show the omnia logo when it boot?

try again, but this time you'll have to reset the phone to flash.

What do you mean "reset the phone to flash?" I just ran it again, here is the log I got:

PDA Device Found!

[Port : 1]EBoot version = 01.71

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

PDA will be written.

PHONE will be written.

Downloading EBOOT...

OK!!

EBOOT finished!!

Rvalue null.. ack recive Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

usbDev open Faile

PDA Device not found.

OK, it is flashing this time, fingers crossed. I realized something is killing Active Sync, and I think that was it, we will see.....

Guest lordricearoni
What do you mean "reset the phone to flash?" I just ran it again, here is the log I got:

@Are these my pants?

you installed the 'SAMSUNG Mobile USB DRIVER(4.40.7.0) v1.6' driver and then rebooted your PC first, right? (I installed mine from the VZAccess CD I got from Verizon. Driver should be online somewhere too...)

For everyone else: I installed from Vista, followed the PDF exactly, everything worked fine. After setting Location ON for GPS, google maps works for me with default settings.

Also, the popup letters on the keyboard slow things down a lot! I type faster than the keyboard can keep up and it misses half of what I type. Hopefully there's a quick way to disable this...

Guest pacos99

In case this rom doesn't work, or there's something I don't like about it, ...is the original rom available so I can revert back to it if needed?

Guest Crash220

Hey everyone, I was referred here yesterday, and I am glad I was,

BUT

Ok I'm a complete idiot I guess,, but where is the "downloader" (UMDL-OMNIA-v1.7.exe)

Tom

Guest blazingwolf
In case this rom doesn't work, or there's something I don't like about it, ...is the original rom available so I can revert back to it if needed?

No.

Guest blazingwolf
Hey everyone, I was referred here yesterday, and I am glad I was,

BUT

Ok I'm a complete idiot I guess,, but where is the "downloader" (UMDL-OMNIA-v1.7.exe)

Tom

The version that was supplied was 2.3. It will work fine.

Guest WoZZeR999

I have tried to do a basic rom cook, if I get it flash on my phone correctly , is anyone else brave enough to flash it as well?

Guest blazingwolf
I have tried to do a basic rom cook, if I get it flash on my phone correctly , is anyone else brave enough to flash it as well?

Sure, but what have you done to it?

Guest brain100

First time poster, long time lurker.

I've had the I910 Omnia for awhile now and was upset about the GPS locked down. This process worked perfectly for me. I now have GPS with google maps and the phone picks up 8-10 satellites in my home!

Edited by brain100