Finger Keyboard 2.1 WQVGA

Guest thierryyy

Guest cuzzinz
I dont know if these fixes will work with the 2.1 version. I have installed the 2.1 version tried the fixes and for some reason it didnt work. Maybe I didnt something wrong...but im pretty happy with 2.0 version...

Ya it sucks... i really wanted to use these on 2.1 lol

• 1 month later...
FK2a.jpg

fter the great success of version 1, Rozenthal from xda-developers has released version 2.1 of FingerKeyboard2, a finger friendly pocket pc freeware keyboard.

INSTALLATION:

IF YOU HAVE OLDER VERSIONS OF FINGERKEYBOARD, PLEASE UNINSTALL THEM BEFORE INSTALLING V2.1! After removing old version, please restart the device and remove FingerKeyb folder before proceeding!

Run the attached .cab file (recommend you install to device memory).

The keyboard will install into /Program files/FingerKeyb. There is also a link to Configuration tool in the Start > Programs.

After installation, a Configuration utility will open. Here you can customize the layouts, choose color schemes and configure various options of FingerKeyboard2.

Click on OK and softreset the device.

Open up your standard keyboard (in SMS for example), click on the small arrow next to the middle keyboard icon and go to “Other input options”.

FingerKeyb should be listed there, select it and you’re good to go!

If you wish to set FingerKeyb as default keyboard, even after restart of your device, use SIP change application. Remember to set the time-delay to 40-50 seconds!

HOW TO UNINSTALL?

Go into Settings > System > Remove programs. It is listed as “Exidler’s FingerKeyboard”.

CREDITS:

Created and programmed by Exidler

Designed by Rozenthal

Main tester ChrisCross

The Developer wishes to thanks (in no special order): Berkut_G, utak3r, GoldCoin, Cerato, Schreda, Panosha, JBouRas, SBS, BadCluster, Taiseer999, Borchert, Hanackin, Iligcons, Allbercik, Ombre.px, Nvidia32, derfler, ilovepunani, elite-fusion, RoozbehDream, Giannis86, parasite81, bugsykoosh, Reefhunter49, Chompy18

Oficial thread: Finger Keboard XDA

Sorry for the broken download link, download link is now updated

Hi,

I love this keyboard and I just wonder if there is any way to get the keyboard in landscape layout to display in the whole screen like spbkeyboard?

Thanks

Guest ely_az

I figured I would put my 2 cents in about this as the keyboard is the biggest problem for me on the Omnia. I have tried all available keyboards and agree that TouchPal is by far the best. This Finger Keyboard looks promising but without XT9 or some predictive/error correction it does not compete usability wise. I may be fat fingered but I am constantly hitting backspace with this keyboard. With Touchpal I normally hit the first 2 letters and the word I want pops up and I hit the space key. Finger keyboard may be the best free one that I have tried though. Excellent work Exidler, I will keep monitoring the progress and try out new versions.

I figured I would put my 2 cents in about this as the keyboard is the biggest problem for me on the Omnia. I have tried all available keyboards and agree that TouchPal is by far the best. This Finger Keyboard looks promising but without XT9 or some predictive/error correction it does not compete usability wise. I may be fat fingered but I am constantly hitting backspace with this keyboard. With Touchpal I normally hit the first 2 letters and the word I want pops up and I hit the space key. Finger keyboard may be the best free one that I have tried though. Excellent work Exidler, I will keep monitoring the progress and try out new versions.

I agree. I tried them all as well. TouchPal is the best for my Omnia.

I like this keyboard, but for speed txting i really love shokka9's modded xt9 keyboard, its hefty in size, round 6m but its fast, black an white theme, sorry for not posting a link but just search his name and you will find it.

Can't find shokka9's modded xt9 keyboard. I would like to try it. Can point me on the right direction

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Is the attached cab from the first post without the arrows? I can not really see the point of having the arrows there .. Better to have larger buttons. How to get it without arrows? On the official thread, I have only seen without arrows for VGA res...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Craigus_T
I tried Fingerboard. It was interesting but then I saw reference to Touchpal, tried that and have stuck with it. The full version is awesome. Great error correction, predictive even to the next word. I highly recommend Touchpal over any other keypad typer.

yes - but touchpal has no vibra support and fingerkeyboard 2.1 has skins that make it better ....would be great with xt9 but with a qwerty keyboard, you dont really need one - xt9 is slower with a qwerty by the time you select the word, you could have written it, if you need xt9 to get along.....lean to spell lmao