Lieing Verizon Commercials

Guest Tim-H

Guest Tim-H

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the lieing Verizon commercials and magazine ads for the Omnia. A few months ago i was looking through I think it was Time magazine at my work when i was taking a break and i saw an ad for the Omnia on Verizon that said it had an internal gps and some other things. While that isnt a complete lie its obviously dirty advertizing. Then i think last week i actually saw a TV commercial for the Verizon Omnia that had all these features listed like the before mentioned GPS and they also said something about Geotagging, which I know for a fact isnt built into the Verizon ROM. Has anyone else seen these ads, what do you think about Verizon and their false advertising?

Edit: Oops, thought i was in the main forum, If a mod can move this please do. Thanks

Edited by Tim-H

Guest lioryte
Just wondering if anyone else has noticed the lieing Verizon commercials and magazine ads for the Omnia. A few months ago i was looking through I think it was Time magazine at my work when i was taking a break and i saw an ad for the Omnia on Verizon that said it had an internal gps and some other things. While that isnt a complete lie its obviously dirty advertizing. Then i think last week i actually saw a TV commercial for the Verizon Omnia that had all these features listed like the before mentioned GPS and they also said something about Geotagging, which I know for a fact isnt built into the Verizon ROM. Has anyone else seen these ads, what do you think about Verizon and their false advertising?

Edit: Oops, thought i was in the main forum, If a mod can move this please do. Thanks

Nope, All i saw was the "dead zone" ads. giving Big V credit- their network is good. I didn't see any ads about it but looking at the VZ site can't see ANY reference to GPS or Geotagging. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=4366

Also google came up with nothing for me. This has been the case for a while VZ took the GPS off the Omnia ads

Guest Tim-H
Nope, All i saw was the "dead zone" ads. giving Big V credit- their network is good. I didn't see any ads about it but looking at the VZ site can't see ANY reference to GPS or Geotagging. http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/c...tedPhoneId=4366

Also google came up with nothing for me. This has been the case for a while VZ took the GPS off the Omnia ads

Yeah I noticed none of the ads feature it lately, but I was watching BBC America just a couple weeks ago with the mention of geotagging and gps. I tried to look for the commercial but nothing came up. Either there are conflicting stories between the ad agency and Verizon themselves or Verizon is trying to lure more people in with false advertisment. I will say that if they pushed the Omnia half as much as they tried to sell the Storm it would have been the best selling phone of the year in America.