Photo

The MDA Compact V (aka T-Mo Diamond2) is coming 21st May... WM6.5 in September!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

dagregg

dagregg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario III
Finally got one on Saturday after hounding a member of T-Mobile's Loyalty Team. Very pleased considering it does not appear on the website yet and the stores do not seem to know when they will be receiving stock. Only bad point is I have lost my £5 "Go Direct" monthly discount which I have received for approximately the last 20 months- according to T-Mobile old discounts are lost when renewing contracts. Still got half a mind to send it back, cancel my contract and get a better deal at Mobile Phones Direct, however this would mean porting my number from T-Mobile to a different operator's PAYG SIM and then porting it back to T-Mobile when I take out a new contract through Mobile Phones Direct. Now that I actually have the box containing my shiny new Compact V in front of me I doubt I will be bothered.

SpeedyMaestro

SpeedyMaestro

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:mda compact iv
Fantastic phone! The original Diamond was nearly the perfect phone. The functionality was amazing for a phone so small, but characteristics such as unresponsiveness, being prone to crashes, and battery life let it down. What it did have though in its favour, especially when compared to the iphone, apart from functionality, is its amazing vga screen and the ability to browse the net easily with 1 hand - I could browse, zoom in etc. easily whilst engaged in some other activitiy such as eating lunch.

The diamond 2 seems to iron out the faults of the original whilst enhancing its strengths. The wvga screen is amazing - I can never get used to low resolutions again. The battery lasts for more than 2 days now. The phone is also very responsive and the operating system appear to much more robust now with no crashes or abnormal behaviour on my phone so far. And the one-handed web browsing is second to none and makes the browsing on even phones such as the iphone feel cumbersome.

For me the best phone ever.

Edited by SpeedyMaestro, 19 July 2009 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users