Photo

if your still in your 30 day purchase window with verizon...

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

usaf_gunner

usaf_gunner

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:omnia
Just picked up my omnia two weeks ago when the price was 269 with a 70 dollar rebate, they just dropped the price to 169 with a 70 rebate. I decided to ask if I could get my 100 bucks back and the mall kiosk guy said no but I could call customer service and they might be able to do it so I decided it was worth a try to save a 100 bucks and sure enough, they said that since I was still in the 30 day satisfaction window that they would honor the new price and credit me a 100. I know it sucks for those of you that have had them longer but if your in that window its worth the 10 minutes to save 100 bucks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot mods, I figured it would be 910 specific since it was with verizon. Feel free to move it if you need to

07aspenx

07aspenx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I920

Just picked up my omnia two weeks ago when the price was 269 with a 70 dollar rebate, they just dropped the price to 169 with a 70 rebate. I decided to ask if I could get my 100 bucks back and the mall kiosk guy said no but I could call customer service and they might be able to do it so I decided it was worth a try to save a 100 bucks and sure enough, they said that since I was still in the 30 day satisfaction window that they would honor the new price and credit me a 100. I know it sucks for those of you that have had them longer but if your in that window its worth the 10 minutes to save 100 bucks.

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot mods, I figured it would be 910 specific since it was with verizon. Feel free to move it if you need to

Not bad, I actually got mine for $99.00 when they had the special on March.

Foster318

Foster318

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:i910 Omnia

Not bad, I actually got mine for $99.00 when they had the special on March.

Me too :D They cut the 199 price in half 5 days after I bought mine. Omnia is the greatest, and now one of if not the cheapest phones verizon offers.

Lb51oO

Lb51oO

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Its funny... they did the price drop almost 2 months after I got mine. I still got a $100 credit... without even having to ask? I don't know what else it would have come from lol...

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920

Me too :lol: They cut the 199 price in half 5 days after I bought mine. Omnia is the greatest, and now one of if not the cheapest phones verizon offers.

I got this great phone free. I was due a $50 New Every 2, and the phone was $270 - $70 rebate. Then, one day I got a mailer from them upping my New Every 2 to $100. A few days later, they did away with the rebate, and made it $199 flat. So I jumped, and paid $99 out of pocket.

Less than 2 weeks after that, they dropped the price to $99, no rebate. One call to customer service and I got the $100 credited, making my total price $0.

Of course, that's not counting the $30 extra per month I'm now paying for "unlimited" data. :D

Edited by tedkord, 14 May 2009 - 01:15 PM.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

AngusATAT

AngusATAT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
Hey, thanks much for this thread. Since I'm at work, I had my wife call Verizon, and they credited $100 to our account.

Turborepu

Turborepu

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i910 Omnia (Verizon)
i got the 100 bux credited in april and i had gotten this phone in january. you just have to call em. so my phone ended up being free too..

natedawg1013

natedawg1013

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910, Omnia2 i920
I got my Omnia in January, the price dropped in February, I called for the money back, and they said NO. This was somewhere between about 31-33 days after purchase. You guys got the nice ones on the phone, I guess. Ended up paying 200, no money back.:D

AngusATAT

AngusATAT

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts
Something I've found after dealing with Verizon over the last decade... whenever you get a rep on the phone who isn't very helpful, just keep calling back until you get one that is. It's amazing the things certain reps can do that other reps claim is not possible.

Jesusfvck

Jesusfvck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Something I've found after dealing with Verizon over the last decade... whenever you get a rep on the phone who isn't very helpful, just keep calling back until you get one that is. It's amazing the things certain reps can do that other reps claim is not possible.

Yup, took me 3 tries but I finally got a rep that would rebate my $100. We then went on to talk about the GPS unlock and I got a, dont hold your breath, response... Gotta love VZW =(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users