WM 6.5 Ringtones

Guest B.Stowe

Guest B.Stowe

Hey Guys,

First off, Woz I totally am digging 6.5, thanks for all the hard work.

Secondly I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with ringtones on 6.5? The default worked fine, but then I created a folder called my ringtones on my storage with a few mp3's and tried to use them. Since i selected one of them though I can't change the ringtone to anything else, not even the default, it just plays my text notification for a ringtone which isn't even an option. I'm definitely selecting the incoming call option to change sound and even tried removing the my ringtones folder but no luck. I also tried ringtone maker but had no luck with that either. Normally I would read through the thread to find it but at over 60 pages now you'll have to excuse my laziness.

EDIT: Using 6.5 v3, plus just tried it on the girlfriends omnia with just using ringtone maker and it worked. She's running 6.5 v2.

Edited by B.Stowe

Guest beancounter

WHAT DID I DO?

I loaded the original CC20 to start this process and by phone bricked!

Everything went just like all the notes say and when my phone reset it locked on the load-in screen.

Please help.

Guest Tim-H

Sorry i don't know anything about the ringtone issue.

and

WHAT DID I DO?

I loaded the original CC20 to start this process and by phone bricked!

Everything went just like all the notes say and when my phone reset it locked on the load-in screen.

Please help.

You should have started your own topic, but as long as you are getting the loading screen. Download the CC20 image again, it could have been corrupt. Reflash with the newly downloaded one.

Guest godwhacker
Hey Guys,

First off, Woz I totally am digging 6.5, thanks for all the hard work.

Secondly I'm wondering if anyone else is having a problem with ringtones on 6.5? The default worked fine, but then I created a folder called my ringtones on my storage with a few mp3's and tried to use them. Since i selected one of them though I can't change the ringtone to anything else, not even the default, it just plays my text notification for a ringtone which isn't even an option. I'm definitely selecting the incoming call option to change sound and even tried removing the my ringtones folder but no luck. I also tried ringtone maker but had no luck with that either. Normally I would read through the thread to find it but at over 60 pages now you'll have to excuse my laziness.

EDIT: Using 6.5 v3, plus just tried it on the girlfriends omnia with just using ringtone maker and it worked. She's running 6.5 v2.

i'm on 6.5 (thanx,wozzer!) rather than creating a folder for ringtones, file explore thru the phone and find where the stock ringtone is stored, and add yours there (i use resco, but you may be able to do it thru explore files in active sync, or the file explorer in the device)

look under my device/my documents/my ringtones

Edited by godwhacker

Guest trexflyer
i'm on 6.5 (thanx,wozzer!) rather than creating a folder for ringtones, file explore thru the phone and find where the stock ringtone is stored, and add yours there (i use resco, but you may be able to do it thru explore files in active sync, or the file explorer in the device)

look under my device/my documents/my ringtones

Save system memory and make a My Documents folder in My Storage or Storage Card. Put all your mp3's there that you want to use as ringtones. I've noticed that wma files that are left in the root of each storage location show up as well.

Guest 70blzr
Save system memory and make a My Documents folder in My Storage or Storage Card. Put all your mp3's there that you want to use as ringtones. I've noticed that wma files that are left in the root of each storage location show up as well.

just tried it this way and it worked with no problem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lsolsen

This n00b's getting no love at all. Running Wozzer's 6.5 M2D (latest as of this post). I dl'd ringtones from Shokka9's site. I have extracted the mp3's and have spent the last hour placing them in:

device/My Documents/My Ringtones

My Storage/My documents

My Storage/My documents/my ringtones

device/My Documents

Still only get one choice on ringtone (several reboots also just to be sure) "Verizon Default Ringtone"

HELP

Edited by lsolsen

Guest AngusATAT
This n00b's getting no love at all. Running Wozzer's 6.5 M2D (latest as of this post). I dl'd ringtones from Shokka9's site. I have extracted the mp3's and have spent the last hour placing them in:

device/My Documents/My Ringtones

My Storage/My documents

My Storage/My documents/my ringtones

device/My Documents

Still only get one choice on ringtone (several reboots also just to be sure) "Verizon Default Ringtone"

HELP

Try placing them in the root of "My Storage", not inside any folder. It works for me.

Guest lsolsen
Try placing them in the root of "My Storage", not inside any folder. It works for me.

Got it figured out...

When I am copying files onto my device - they are copying over but being flagged 'hidden'. Not sure why just yet, but I digress.

What I ended up doing was to put the USB connection into Raw Storage mode and copy the file over to a folder on my MSD card. From there, I used the WM File explorer and select the file (holding on it) and set it as my ringtone. There... problem solved.

Thanks for your help.

Guest ewatson660

does anyone have the direct link to the ring tones? i cant seem to find it?????!!!!!!!!

Edited by ewatson660

• 4 weeks later...

Okie. I had some problems but figured it out.

I hada choice only from 1 ringtone.

I placed 7 ringtones in: My Storage/My Ringtonesand it works ;)

The strange thing is i had no problems before :D

AND another problem. In same directory as i wrote, i placed my WAVE alarm ringtone (around 30sec, 4MB). I cant use it :) System doesnt see this.

Edited by tab0

Guest pallen
Okie. I had some problems but figured it out.

I hada choice only from 1 ringtone.

I placed 7 ringtones in: My Storage/My Ringtonesand it works ;)

The strange thing is i had no problems before :D

AND another problem. In same directory as i wrote, i placed my WAVE alarm ringtone (around 30sec, 4MB). I cant use it :) System doesnt see this.

If I'm not mistaken, the WAV alarms have to be in the Windows folder in the device main memory.