Flashing brand new phone?

Guest tsgeek

Guest tsgeek

I'm picking up an Omnia i910 this Friday, as my first WinMo phone. Moving from BB -- can't wait!

My tech experience tells me flashing to new ROM (CC20, then Wozzer's 6.5) is best to do before adding anything else to the new phone -- just flash the phone new and pristine as soon as it gets home from the Verizon store. That's what I'd do with a new PC, for example.

Are there any reasons to install something else or do any config stuff BEFORE flashing the brand new phone? I assume no, but I don't want to miss something important. Thanks!

Guest Draconius

None really especially if you are getting a clean slate phone.

Most everyone else is having to do back-ups to make it easier with the reflashing. HOWEVER, there is a new WM6.5 coming out soon so you might want to wait until that is out the flash to that PDA build. WoZZer is working on it he said. It's version 21232.

Guest Chapster
None really especially if you are getting a clean slate phone.

Most everyone else is having to do back-ups to make it easier with the reflashing. HOWEVER, there is a new WM6.5 coming out soon so you might want to wait until that is out the flash to that PDA build. WoZZer is working on it he said. It's version 21232.

If you wait for a newer version to install, then you will always be waiting.....