Omnia and WinMo 7?

Guest silverback2

Guest silverback2

So, i walked into a Corporate Verizon store today and asked if they guy knew anything about the rom update for the i910. He said there was, but he had no idea when.

He also stated that it would be winmo 7.........

Now as far as i know to have WinMo 7 you need:

#1, A Hardware "Windows" Butten

And #2, It had to be multi-touch..

Now i may be wrong. but i think this guys was a royal dumbSH*T

Guest B.Stowe
So, i walked into a Corporate Verizon store today and asked if they guy knew anything about the rom update for the i910. He said there was, but he had no idea when.

He also stated that it would be winmo 7.........

Now as far as i know to have WinMo 7 you need:

#1, A Hardware "Windows" Butten

And #2, It had to be multi-touch..

Now i may be wrong. but i think this guys was a royal dumbSH*T

I'm a sales rep at a corporate VZW store and I can tell you with 100% certainty.... That he was full of s***. No one at that level of position in the company knows anything more then you can find out reading the usual tech blogs and most know muuuuch less then that. All we hear are whispers and rumors from a manager here or a B2B rep there. We only know substantial things when they are 100% and coming out in under a month or so. Take anything these reps say that you haven't already read on one of the big blogs with a grain or salt because 99% of the time they want to sell you something or try to build rapport with you so you will continue to buy things from them since you already dropped a good amount of change on your smart phone.

Guest Omega Ra
I'm a sales rep at a corporate VZW store and I can tell you with 100% certainty.... That he was full of s***. No one at that level of position in the company knows anything more then you can find out reading the usual tech blogs and most know muuuuch less then that. All we hear are whispers and rumors from a manager here or a B2B rep there. We only know substantial things when they are 100% and coming out in under a month or so. Take anything these reps say that you haven't already read on one of the big blogs with a grain or salt because 99% of the time they want to sell you something or try to build rapport with you so you will continue to buy things from them since you already dropped a good amount of change on your smart phone.

hey if you are a rep let me ask you something....my phone seems to have a hardware issue where the phone "turns off" no powers off, but the phone turns off (where I Can still do programs and such) and when I go to wireless manager it doesn't want to turn back on...Now here's the question...since I have flashed multiple times how can I turn it in to get a replacement as I have only had it a month or 2...

Guest B.Stowe
hey if you are a rep let me ask you something....my phone seems to have a hardware issue where the phone "turns off" no powers off, but the phone turns off (where I Can still do programs and such) and when I go to wireless manager it doesn't want to turn back on...Now here's the question...since I have flashed multiple times how can I turn it in to get a replacement as I have only had it a month or 2...

Since you are under a year and there's (assuming) no physical damage on the phone you've got a shot here. Your phone is still under the one year manufacturers warranty which covers anything non damage related, even though your ROM flash voids it.

You've got a couple options:

1. If you want to do it in store you have a shot. It's the cleanest way to do it in the eyes of the company but also a tad more risky. Once the techs take it in a swap it out it doesn't matter what YOU did, it would fall on the tech for anything. You'll need to find a "smartphone" VZW. Only a few per district are set up to handle swap outs on smartphones although to be honest they usually only have BB's so I'd ask right away if they have one in stock. If they don't tell them you are to busy and just ask for WDTS's number. Anyway, its usually the busiest and biggest store in the area. If they've got a dumb tech working there you've got a great shot. They aren't trained to check for your OS version (although 6.5 would be a dead giveaway) so if you can show them the error for the tech quickly and try to limit their time with it alone you increase your odds. Now the tech's have more discretion on swapping your phone out then they would have you believe assuming your phone has no damage and they actually have one in stock. So be super nice and play dumb. Though if they do find out you are running unapproved software they can not only deny it, but remark the account so that you'd pretty much have to drop it in water and make an insurance claim to get a new one.

2. Call customer service and ask to be transfered to WDTS. These guys will try to troubleshoot your phone over the phone. Make sure you play dumb with these guys to and be nice as they also have a ton of discretion. They'll run you through all the things you've tried and have you do a hard reset in order to make sure they have to send you a phone. The problem with this is that I'm not sure what their policy is if they check your phone and find out you are running a leaked ROM. I can try to find out at work tomorrow what the M&P is on that.

Hope this helps.

Guest Omega Ra
Since you are under a year and there's (assuming) no physical damage on the phone you've got a shot here. Your phone is still under the one year manufacturers warranty which covers anything non damage related, even though your ROM flash voids it.

You've got a couple options:

1. If you want to do it in store you have a shot. It's the cleanest way to do it in the eyes of the company but also a tad more risky. Once the techs take it in a swap it out it doesn't matter what YOU did, it would fall on the tech for anything. You'll need to find a "smartphone" VZW. Only a few per district are set up to handle swap outs on smartphones although to be honest they usually only have BB's so I'd ask right away if they have one in stock. If they don't tell them you are to busy and just ask for WDTS's number. Anyway, its usually the busiest and biggest store in the area. If they've got a dumb tech working there you've got a great shot. They aren't trained to check for your OS version (although 6.5 would be a dead giveaway) so if you can show them the error for the tech quickly and try to limit their time with it alone you increase your odds. Now the tech's have more discretion on swapping your phone out then they would have you believe assuming your phone has no damage and they actually have one in stock. So be super nice and play dumb. Though if they do find out you are running unapproved software they can not only deny it, but remark the account so that you'd pretty much have to drop it in water and make an insurance claim to get a new one.

2. Call customer service and ask to be transfered to WDTS. These guys will try to troubleshoot your phone over the phone. Make sure you play dumb with these guys to and be nice as they also have a ton of discretion. They'll run you through all the things you've tried and have you do a hard reset in order to make sure they have to send you a phone. The problem with this is that I'm not sure what their policy is if they check your phone and find out you are running a leaked ROM. I can try to find out at work tomorrow what the M&P is on that.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tips. I can try the store I got it from. There are only 2 guys working there so maybe I can get it that way. Or I can just try to flash back to the leaked ROM and pull the plug midway so it won't boot up...then they can't check the firmware version...