• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

Michael Pang

Michael Pang

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
is there anyone have the sharepix from ID1?

Downloaderz

Downloaderz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900
Hey sector, thanks for the list. Do you have the latest Samsung Panel?

forelli

forelli

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 497 posts
  • Interests:Dark Side of The Force
  • Devices:DHD, HTC One X
  • Twitter:@Darth_Sideous

i agree also, but my main point it, this list was not even a list last weekend....

So if sector used that list, you guys would be lost.... <_< it was a mess...

Yes, logic says newest first, but it is a simple scroll down to see the newest cabs....

Sector will fix when he has time.

:)

I would say it's not necessary to put it in reverse order. When I read a book or a post, I don't start from the end up till the beginning. It's also important to view the progression. Have a look at Khuanchai winmo 6.5 thread: older roms are at the top (the beginning) which is logical to me.
I second the Chefs in that we should say thanks because we have it, and true, I visit regularly Shokka9's kitchen, and even it used to be a mess, you could always find what you were looking for, and I found it good because if he were spending more time to put cabs in his kitchen in order, he would have spent less time with cooking, and we all know that cooking is important, isn't it?

Thanks Shokka9, Sector and Qbus

forelli

"Long and hard is the way that out of Hell brings up to the Light"
John Milton in Paradise Lost

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Devices:Omnia

I would say it's not necessary to put it in reverse order. When I read a book or a post, I don't start from the end up till the beginning. It's also important to view the progression. Have a look at Khuanchai winmo 6.5 thread: older roms are at the top (the beginning) which is logical to me.
forelli

Hi forelli,
Sorry man, but I have to disagree with you. When I go looking for a cab it is usually because I want to add it to my Omnia for some reason, usually because I flashed a new rom, and quickly. I am not looking to explore the history/story behind/or book report on the program. I just want the latest version. I don't really care about the versions that went before. Latest version of program should work with newest rom. There might be a rare exception to this, but not many.
Paraphrased from my previous post: "If you stand back and look at this logically as how the lists would mostly be used, I want the cabs because I have updated to the newest rom. So when I look for a particular original Samsung cab I would want the latest D1 version. If there is no D1 version, I then would go for the A5 version, and so on. So the D1 cabs first would make the lists a little easier to use."

And as much as I love Khuanchai's roms, in a real world environment, I have found his sequence of oldest first harder to use than sector's latest first, and I have used both a lot. I actually sometimes enjoy looking at the rom history when I have leisure time, but when it comes to actually doing something concrete, such as downloading a rom, I want the latest first where I can get at it quick. When the one I want is way down a long list, I feel like I'm searching, searching, searching. When it's at the first, it's like pow--download it--done. Now go flash.
IMHO,
Ron...

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Does all cab's Install to \My Device\
or allows you to Install also to \My Storage\
? ? ?

Hi sugardad,
Some do not give you a choice and just go to Main Memory. Most let you choose and are a crapshoot. You just have to learn from experience what works in My Storage and which ones will not. Also remember Main Memory is quicker and some hot ones like Voice Command work from both, but behave better in Main Memory for response. Some commercial/buy programs say to only use Main Memory for them (even tho you see choice available).
Ron...

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Devices:iPhone 5, HTC One
  • Twitter:@shokka9
ronaldb3

you a hard guy to please...:) Just be grateful that we (all of us) care enough to even take time to be here and do stuff and make these places exist

<_<

HTC One | Unlocked Bootloader | CWM | Root | S-OFF

eRoS08

eRoS08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
reupload this one please, it dont work anymore

Alarm Tones - http://www.mediafire.com/?mtdzk2ngymt

thx

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

ronaldb3
you a hard guy to please... B) Just be grateful that we (all of us) care enough to even take time to be here and do stuff and make these places exist

Hi shokka,
Firstly, I have tried to complement you and the other cooks as often as I can in my posts, and in other threads, on not just this repository, but on all of your good workings. I have make donations to several of the cooks (no need to name) that I have used several release versions of their roms. I have not gotten to you yet because I have not used your roms as of yet. I suspect I will down the road.
Next, I just said "in a real world environment, I have found his sequence of oldest first harder to use than sector's latest first, and I have used both a lot."
That's just about a non- emotional statement of a factual condition as can be. Some may justly agree or not agree how important the condition is to themselves and how they operate. But I think the above was stated as an unbias fact of life of a real world situation from my honest viewpoint. I guess I am more right-brain than left-brain, huh? <_<
Third, did you note my long list of suggestions for Khuanchai's next ultralite rom? (in his other thread) Some he took as good, some he didn't use. That's all I can ask for. I hope he (and I guess you, too) appreciated that I contributed what effort I could contribute to tweaking his next rom. (It took me a long time to write all of that. :D ) I sure couldn't offer much in the actually cooking that you guys do, that, honestly, still really amazes me.
And I try to answer newbi questions when I can. Usually because I made the same errors and found an answer from you guys or by searching around here. (and I admit I was pleased when I got to the four-star level.)
So, that's my contributions. I do what I can. :)
Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3, 28 May 2009 - 10:22 PM.

sugardad

sugardad

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Hi sugardad,
Some do not give you a choice and just go to Main Memory. Most let you choose and are a crapshoot. You just have to learn from experience what works in My Storage and which ones will not. Also remember Main Memory is quicker and some hot ones like Voice Command work from both, but behave better in Main Memory for response. Some commercial/buy programs say to only use Main Memory for them (even tho you see choice available).
Ron...

I already Have Old versions of ROM extracted cab's and I have Installed:
Samsung World CLock with Alarms
TV Out
Digital Frame
Task Manager (Samsung)
Custom Menu (Samsung)
Settings Custom Menu (Samsung)
All the above to Main Memory

Usually to Main Memory
SIP (Samsung Keyboard and other Keyboards) are always meant for Main Memory
Today Screens (Samsung 1,2, Samsung Widget)
Samsung Converter
etc

I'm Interested on the above mentioned apps (Task Manager, Custom Menu etc etc)
If they are avail as Installable to Storage Card thus Saving me precious space on Main Memory!

Thank you!

Edited by sugardad, 29 May 2009 - 12:01 PM.

Posted Image
.::LiNK RaMoNe
-------------------
Hey, Ho!
Let's Go!

ronaldb3

ronaldb3

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

I already Have Old versions of ROM extracted cab's and I have Installed:
Samsung World CLock with Alarms
TV Out
Digital Frame
Task Manager (Samsung)
Custom Menu (Samsung)
Settings Custom Menu (Samsung)
All the above to Main Memory

Usually to Main Memory
SIP (Samsung Keyboard and other Keyboards) are always meant for Main Memory
Today Screens (Samsung 1,2, Samsung Widget)
Samsung Converter
etc

I'm Interested on the above mentioned apps (Task Manager, Custom Menu etc etc)
If they are avail as Installable to Storage Card thus Saving me precious space on Main Memory!

Thank you!

Any of the original Samsung apps should be given strong consideration for Main Storage.
Task Manager is a good example of what I call runs in real time and accesses the guts of the system and should be in Main Memory. Also Today plugins as they need to be available and pop in quickly.
But any Might work Sometimes in Storage. It's a trade off for good running vs memory.
With some of the Ultralite roms starting you off with 120-140megs, you have a lot to work with.
Sorry it's so vague,but it really can be.
Ron...

Edited by ronaldb3, 29 May 2009 - 12:48 PM.

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

Hi shokka,
Firstly, I have tried to complement you and the other cooks as often as I can in my posts, and in other threads, on not just this repository, but on all of your good workings. I have make donations to several of the cooks (no need to name) that I have used several release versions of their roms. I have not gotten to you yet because I have not used your roms as of yet. I suspect I will down the road.

Coolio bro...

I not that serious bro...and i do see you contributing, so dont worry.

Just sometimes, it feels that what we do is never enough for you guys (not you as an individual <_<).

Together, all of us have made this Omnia scene really good and really worth it.

Take care bro..

eRoS08

eRoS08

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

reupload this one please, it dont work anymore

Alarm Tones - http://www.mediafire.com/?mtdzk2ngymt

thx

thanks for ignoring me <_<

michak

michak

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Could someone please post original sounds (all wav files from windows directory) for Omnia (could be wm6.1 or wm6.5 rom),

I've broken my and don't want to hardreset.... :/

THX!!!

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts

thanks for ignoring me <_<

cant ignore you if i dont know you have posted. :) ...my life is a little bit more important than this forum (little bit :D ).

I will re-up later (or someone else).

Take care B)

Apo11on

Apo11on

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia SCH-i910

Opera Build 19233 - http://www.mediafire.com/?myfh31aj5zn - Thanks Lufeig

there is a mistake in the first post - I almost overwrote my newer Opera. The version in that link is the old 15233, not 19233

sector

sector

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts

there is a mistake in the first post - I almost overwrote my newer Opera. The version in that link is the old 15233, not 19233

thank u i fixed it.

===

added voice command from 6.5 windows

If you like my work buy me a beer :) !
Posted Image
WM 6.5/6.1 roms, Themes, Taskbar etc... :D

anthrax79

anthrax79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
I would like to play around with SilverInbox on my i910 with a stripped down ROM. Is the an install CAB laying round somewhere???

maboo23

maboo23

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Anybody who would know how to remove Samsung SIP?

Thanks

Downloaderz

Downloaderz

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i900

Hey sector, thanks for the list. Do you have the latest Samsung Panel?

Can anyone help me extract it out of the latest official singapore rom from samsung website? Else, i'll just try to look into it when I finish my exams.

Edit: Actually what I am after is the Chinese keypad, not panel
Posted Image

Edited by Downloaderz, 07 June 2009 - 06:05 AM.

dayspring2099us

dayspring2099us

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
  • Devices:Omnia I900 WM6.5 23569 DXIA5
Java is not working...any others Java.cab which compatible with our Omnia?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users