Bricked i900 on very first ROM flash.

Guest Omi900

Guest hudster
Similar thing happened to me got the phone yesterday flashed it then waiting for rebbot for ages .

I think i unplugged usb and now no sign of life at all 110 squids down the drain........ :)

If your in the UK send your phone here. http://www.fonefunshop.co.uk/Unlocking/unl...boot_repair.htm

I sent mine when I bricked it, 2 days later it was back, working and unlocked and I've flashed the rom countless times since.

It's £25 to get it fixed, but if they can't fix it there is no charge.

Edited by hudster

Guest jonski89

Hi omi900,

Don't despair... u might just need a USB 2.0 connection, official Rom to upgrade first again and make the phone working before you flash a new rom... just in case, try this rom... it might be useful... check out the archives.

Ock's ROMS

Guest kumachaser

nothing will brick!Just reflash another stable rom,then it will alive.

I like to flash my i900 to something new and fun.

Sometimes it failed,but if you get the stable one,flash your device again,your i900 will get back.

Now I am using Ryrzy's 23568 normal rom with DXIF1 phone bin,customized with spb mobile shell

Guest ime021

Hi...

Had the same problem for several days...Almost gone mad:-)

For flashing use XP exe ROMS (not grand-prix) versions.

Try some of the UNTOUCHED versions of secany (i900_DXID1_SECANY-this one did the job for me) or somebody else.

I tried it with many cooked versions, but nothing worked. This happens for some reason to many people and the reason

is not quite clear. Therefore there is no universal solution. You probably didnt do nothing wrong. By now you know that

your phone is not dead, and even if it is, there is a way to repair it (in the service, not by you, for 30 euros).

In my case solution was flashing with the different roms. Mind the battery, firewall, other usb devices. Some people

advise to completely turn of device and remove battery for several minutes. Try also DXHK3 rom...

here are some links for you...good luck:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...is-165-mb-only/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...read-new-dxia2/

http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...re-version-fix/

Guest Catani

Hi Omi900.......Had the same problem as you at my first flash ....I freaked out so much when I saw the exclamation mark on my Omnia that I almost pissed my pants :) LOL (When I first flashed it 2 years ago it was brand new almost 2 weeks old) and I tried countless times till I decided to change the PC. Tried it on a relatively new PC and it worked like a charm. I would also suggest using USDL GRANDPRIX for flashing (if the original loader doesn't work) as it has worked for my last 40 flashes or so. Anyway....hope it all goes well and ...it would be a pitty not to try to flash your Omnia again since the original roms suck so badly and the customs ROM's found on Modaco kick ass (specially OCK's and the newly joined Yonn).

Cheers

Guest wolfmanoz
Hi Omi900.......Had the same problem as you at my first flash ....I freaked out so much when I saw the exclamation mark on my Omnia that I almost pissed my pants :) LOL (When I first flashed it 2 years ago it was brand new almost 2 weeks old) and I tried countless times till I decided to change the PC. Tried it on a relatively new PC and it worked like a charm. I would also suggest using USDL GRANDPRIX for flashing (if the original loader doesn't work) as it has worked for my last 40 flashes or so. Anyway....hope it all goes well and ...it would be a pitty not to try to flash your Omnia again since the original roms suck so badly and the customs ROM's found on Modaco kick ass (specially OCK's and the newly joined Yonn).

Cheers

My flash locked at 75% and when I disconnected the phone I ended up with the dreaded phone/exclamation mark/pc icon. The power button didn't seem to work, hard setting didn't do any more than re-boot back to the same icon. The exe flash program didn't see the phone either. So, I left the exe flasher looking for the device, left the usb cable in and pulled the battery out and reinserted it. As soon as the battery was in the exe patcher saw the phone and the flash went flawlessly after that.

Hope this helps someone as my heart dropped when I thought I'd bricked it.

Guest enrycko

@omi900

i think u have to check ur USB cable.. check the power of the USB.. because i think the problem isn't on your phone.. but your computer.. try to flash on another computer ( not @ office ) install the SAMSUNG CDMA MODEM DRIVER, Net Framework 3 or higher, Active Sync.. and dont forget.. try to sync on the computer ( phone on ) before flash.. if the computer has synced.. plug out your usb and run the updater.. plug in.. wait after driver finish to install.. and click START... :angry: