• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

Smack99

Smack99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hi all,

I just got my phone back from repair, it's fixed :)

Now the only thing remaining is to know how much this will cost me ... I'm waiting for my next bill or 2 to see how much they charged me to have this fixed

I'll let you guys know

Thanks

underbe

underbe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia (bell)
i was just wondering if the dcd carrier fixes helped with this problem? is it safe to try a cooked rom on my bell omnia yet? has anyone had any positive results?

Pegasuskid

Pegasuskid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Add me to the never ending list of people who used the Verizon ROM and paid the price. Has there been any progress on this front? I was reading about the possibility of programming the Verizon ROM to just point to the appropriate towers to overcome the issue but nothing concrete came of it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jeff260z

jeff260z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910
I'm glad I did all the reading i did. I have a Bell Omnia i910 and was hoping to upgrade to WM6.5. My rom version is S:i910.10 B.CC30.2027

So if I understand the situation I would need a cooked rom based on my current rom but with wm 6.5 and not wm 6.1.

I'll check my CD and see if it comes with a rom updater.

update: I do not have a CD that came with my phone. lol

For the Bell users we do not need any added functionality in our rom because GPS works right out of the box. All we need is the updated OS. So a rom dump from one of our phones should be all we need to have wm 6.5 layer on top?

Edited by jeff260z, 12 October 2009 - 02:17 AM.

jeff260z

jeff260z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I'll try it.

Did the rom work for you?

space*ranger

space*ranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Just joined and picked up a Bell Omina second hand...

No new info ?

SR

GoPlay

GoPlay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:samsung omnia sgh-i900
I Have the Same problem .. my phone is dead....
It said that Wireless is OFF, and phone is OFF i cant set it tu turn off it doesnt recognize my sim card. so i cant box it.
Can some one give me a fresh instructions and files so i could flash my phone at working rom!
I live in Bosnia and in the service they tolld me that nearst BIG SERIVCE for samsung is in Hungari... FAR FAR away from HOME ;)((
and it will cost 90€ + tax sending and delivery.
PLS HELP i'm Dead without my phone.. all work all data all plans for work are DEAD!
TNX :)

loci

loci

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
What is needed to be able to get a Bell ROM version?

therealsevanr

therealsevanr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
  • Twitter:@sevan
Wrong topic. My bad.

Edited by therealsevanr, 31 December 2009 - 02:38 AM.

Posted Image

rdonn

rdonn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

The bell rom link Download:http://61.dc.ftn.qq.com/ftn_handler/387006cd856ee886a5178d33bcdb62f1c82968b5e029fa3f081dab08a9e67cc28c29a57aa09f7fcb
456b3fef8249a4bb63e5d249f0f146138d133ca3432ae9b/BELL+ROM.zip?k=75323637c58b2fcac7a60e041435531d0501570504035154185307550118550651041b0f010555
f510405020104040a5457500532396170707e7a17607a2c1c4f5b4637 (From China by zwfln) and thanks my Friend Coffee good job.

Wow I thought I found a solution here for a second........ but that link doesn't work at all..

rdonn

rdonn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

What is needed to be able to get a Bell ROM version?

Bell has to come out with an update, or a ROM must be leaked (from my knowledge). Orrrr someone really smart can figure out another way of helping us users out. Does the ROM Dump >> create flash strategy work?

jeff260z

jeff260z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Still nothing on a Bell rom?

jeff260z

jeff260z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I was able to get something off my phone. Two files actually. os.nb and extrom.nb

os.nb is 151,830 KB
extrom.nb is 10,240 KB

Are these files usable to build a windows 6.5 rom for my phone?

bettafish

bettafish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910 (Bell)
I am glad I did my research before upgrading my Omnia to WM 6.5. I hope I Bell ROM comes out soon! For now I will stick to the battery hog SPB Shell.

I really appreciate the work people do on creating ROMs!!
Cheers

bf

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:i910
Wow... Being a newbie with i910 (Just received it in less than 24 hours), I am glad I read this thread....

So correct me if I am wrong, if you have a i910 w/ Bell Mobility, there is nothing much you can do (i.e. replacing the stock ROM) unless someone get a hold of the original ROM and cook one.

Darn... I should of pay the extra and go with Omnia II like my friend, he already replaced the stock ROM from bell.... :P

aace

aace

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
...oh just to help warn the neighbors up north

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Tried to play dumb and asked Bell if there is a Samsung stock ROM for the phone.... and the answer was nope... :P But the CSR did suggest to check w/ Samsung, humm, I wonder if anyone has connection... :(

Oh the other hand, didn't someone posted a dump of the stock (Bell) ROM? Has anyone started cooking on that?

jeff260z

jeff260z

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Well there may be a way for all you that have flashed the verizon rom on your Bell omnia i910 to bring it back to stock. On the cdrom that came with your omnia there is a lanquage changer program. Put the cd in your computer and navigate to D:\Additional Applications\WWE\. With active sync connected and running run the LanquageChange.exe program and with your omnia connected to your pc. Click connect. Select the language you want.

I haven't tried this but it may work. I didn't flash my phone with the verizon rom.

For those without the CDRom.

http://rapidshare.co...Change.rar.html
http://rapidshare.co...0BCC30.MLI.html

Edited by jeff260z, 06 April 2010 - 05:15 PM.

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Well there may be a way for all you that have flashed the verizon rom on your Bell omnia i910 to bring it back to stock. On the cdrom that came with your omnia there is a lanquage changer program. Put the cd in your computer and navigate to D:\Additional Applications\WWE\. With active sync connected and running run the LanquageChange.exe program and with your omnia connected to your pc. Click connect. Select the language you want.

I haven't tried this but it may work. I didn't flash my phone with the verizon rom.

Assume that's really the Bell ROM... Can some guru chef start cooking? ;)

One thing I do hate is the phone keep bugging about battery low @ 40% all day long! and all the crapware that comes with the Bell ROM!

spawnbsd

spawnbsd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

Thanks for posting this .. Unfortunately none of the i9x0 Omnia flashing/dumping tools are able to open this rom, anyone else have any luck?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users