- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

missingXtension

missingXtension

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Would dumping a rom with samsung pst help?
I don't have a bell rom, but i do have a pst and a 1910 dll.
There is an option to dump a rom, as well as an option to install a rom.
If you guys want to try and dump a bell rom via pst, then someone else install it via pst.
I dont think it can mess up anymore.

scriverm

scriverm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia i910

I think this canadian ROM will not be easy to be leaked but I'm sure there's a genious out there that will be able to help us out ...

I'm convinced that something can be done ... what I don't know ... I wish I could do more

Isn't there a way to backup original ROMs anyone ?

ok so i dont know if this is what your looking for but i have the bell rom i910BCC30.mli i changed my phone with it came as french and i changed it to english but while doing so it erases flash memory and rewrites all of it. and reinstalls the os if thats what you are looking for let me know and i will see if i can post it for you guys!!

p.s. it took me a few tries with it to get it to work kept saying wrong file format but it will work eventually !! you also need active sync installed to do it !

p.s.s also i was wondering if someone could mod the file and make it 6.5 or custom to unlock gps.. or what ever anyways leave a reply and i will try my best to get it up for yas!!

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:i910

ok so i dont know if this is what your looking for but i have the bell rom i910BCC30.mli i changed my phone with it came as french and i changed it to english but while doing so it erases flash memory and rewrites all of it. and reinstalls the os if thats what you are looking for let me know and i will see if i can post it for you guys!!

p.s. it took me a few tries with it to get it to work kept saying wrong file format but it will work eventually !! you also need active sync installed to do it !

p.s.s also i was wondering if someone could mod the file and make it 6.5 or custom to unlock gps.. or what ever anyways leave a reply and i will try my best to get it up for yas!!

I have a bell Omnia as well. After you flashed the mli file, does it comes with those useless bell apps as well? (I bet it does...)

I really hate this Bell version of Omnia phone right now. Charging is the major pain in the a** issue.

- If the battery is dead, the only way to get it to charge is to use the original batter charger. The original USB data cable is useless in this case. I also have a 'modified' cable that let me charge via USB (e.g. USB adapter, USB car charger), but that will not charge if the batter is dead. It just keep cycling on and off all night...

- Not to mention it doesn't use standard mini-USB port to charge..

- I have read the 'mod' to disable the 'alarm' when the battery is fully charged... But it doesn't seems to work and it is real annoying when you leave the phone charging at the bed side before you go to sleep. And who the f*** is the stupid designer not to include the option to disable such a useless feature?

Beside those, I really hate those useless Bell apps take up all the storage space... Once I am able to upgrade, I am going to toss out this piece of s*it. Being able to load custom rom may change my view. But right now, with stock Bell firmware make this phone the crappiest phone I have ever owned.

jmooretch

jmooretch

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the bell Omnia and my GPS works fine with a custom GPS software what works on it fine no problems.

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

I have the bell Omnia and my GPS works fine with a custom GPS software what works on it fine no problems.

Agree. GPS and GPS apps works fine with stock firmware.

I just wish one day someone will create a custom firmware for Bell Omnia to get rid of the extra crapware, disable the "fully charged" alarm and perhaps "fixed" USB charging when battery is completely dead....

WhatID

WhatID

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Still no progress on Bell ROM? Gosh.. I can't wait for my next hardware upgrade.. This phone is (*&%@!

belly007

belly007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Still no progress on Bell ROM? Gosh.. I can't wait for my next hardware upgrade.. This phone is (*&%@!

Ok so im guessing everyone with a bell omnia i910 is skrewed if you tried flashing it?

Mine basically has the red power light and that is all :P

Any further news?

luis12285

luis12285

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Ok so im guessing everyone with a bell omnia i910 is skrewed if you tried flashing it?

Mine basically has the red power light and that is all :P

Any further news?

wow.... this is old... i think a mod needs to put the axe on this thread.... and buddy.... all the Devs for omnia roms left a longggggg time ago

Leafy1967

Leafy1967

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I stupidly mucked my Omnia i910 by flashing it with a Verizon ROM. Looks like there's nothing I can do based on this thread, but I'm wondering if there is a market for these "non working phones". Can my phone be used by someone on the Verizon nework?

If so, anyone interested?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users