Remote desktop access

Guest Webreaper

Guest Webreaper

Don't seem to be any free clients yet. There's Remote which looks good from the basis of the reviews, but I don't really want to pay to find out.

I gather that LogMeIn are talking about writing a native plugin for the Android browser.

Any other alternatives out there?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Zeus1022
Don't seem to be any free clients yet. There's Remote which looks good from the basis of the reviews, but I don't really want to pay to find out.

I gather that LogMeIn are talking about writing a native plugin for the Android browser.

Any other alternatives out there?

There is PhoneMyPC on the market

• 1 month later...
Guest markvader

I splashed out on Remote RDP, has worked well for me so far

Nice to be able to set up profiles for quick connection to any client pc or server (except for security risk of having details on device, obviously not saving passwords)

ability to save full size screen shots with few screen taps very handy.

so far its the most expensive app that ive bought at 5.98us$ (£3.66), but would definitely say its worth the money.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest dadashi

I've used remote to my desktop several times with different software (i.e. VNC) and everytime after a few days someone hacks into my PC! I even saw my mouse being moved across the screen one night! Doesn't even matter if it's heavily protected...

Eversince then I've learnt never to leave my home pc running a remote desktop permanently, just on occasions for a short time. Hackers are active 24/7 and remote desktop pc's are their favourite....

Guest Magnetic_dud
I've used remote to my desktop several times with different software (i.e. VNC) and everytime after a few days someone hacks into my PC! I even saw my mouse being moved across the screen one night! Doesn't even matter if it's heavily protected...

Eversince then I've learnt never to leave my home pc running a remote desktop permanently, just on occasions for a short time. Hackers are active 24/7 and remote desktop pc's are their favourite....

just change the default ports and/or use a vpn

by default vnc/rdp has no ban on bruteforce

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...