wmwifirouter leaked rom.....FIXED!!!

Guest budabing103

Guest budabing103

Okay i have followed the "unlock omnia gps" thread since last November. I was thrilled when azintegra did his lovely deed. I finally got the nuts to install cc20 and loved it. only prob, wmwifirouter doesn't work. in fact on every single rom based on azintegra's (wozzer's, adryn's, blazing wolf's, etc) weather it be wm6.1 or wm6.5 i get the same problem.

let me explain

1. I flash any cc20 based rom, any one of them.

result: every internet using application works

2: I install and run any and every version of ics i can find

result: every internet application still works, but icshrui cannot connect......opera, ie, everything still works

3: I install any version available of wmwifirouter (.91 to 1.35)

result: every internet application still works!! of course intshrui still wont connect

4: I actually run and setup wmwifirouter....now mind you i have used wmwifirouter from and through all its versions since v.91

Result: ALL OTHER internet using programs cannot connect...googlemaps, windowslive, opera, IE, text mesgs, email, anything. AND wmwifirouter's log shows that it has successfully connected, and is succeeding in keep alive pings. And I CAN connect to wmwifirouter via wifi, usb, or bluetooth with any machine I have (winXP, win Vista...three of them, or mac OS X Lepord) but i get long waits while acquiring ip addresses and the address i get is bogus.

WMWIFIROUTER is breaking something, but i9s it ICS sharing that is the real cause.

wmwifirouter is so important to me i actually paid for it, something i rarely do. i also paid for vznav and used it often but hated it so f*%^king bad that i decided to get back into my old habit of flashing beta roms that looked better.

this cc20 rom and all the wm6.5 roms based on it are awesome, but has VZW or Samsung snuck something into the next rom that STOPS US FROM TETHERING??? or is it as simple as the old icshrui is incompatible with CC20?

I'm lost and would love any help.

Posted success with instructions gets a donation ($100). As long as it is with azintegra's original CC20 and wmwifirouter's latest version.

Edited by budabing103

Guest Foster318

I've used beta, and all of wozzers ROM's since the beginning and never had an issue with WMwifirouter. I don't know if is the most up to date prog, but what makes the difference as long as it works. Check out this thread link it has instructions, and the progs you need to get it up and going with WMwifirouter. You actully might try the new one after you get the older verision running.

Good luck

Guest theidoctor.org
I've used beta, and all of wozzers ROM's since the beginning and never had an issue with WMwifirouter. I don't know if is the most up to date prog, but what makes the difference as long as it works. Check out this thread link it has instructions, and the progs you need to get it up and going with WMwifirouter. You actully might try the new one after you get the older verision running.

Good luck

wmwifirouter is definitely not updated for the new rom.... i did some beta testing for them and they used the current rom that comes on the omnia... you know, the one with the gps that doesnt work. In fact, i talked to the guy and he said that they can only work on the official released roms and i guess thats why it may be trouble for you.

I have not had a problem with it before so it may be interfering with some registry or other software.

Guest budabing103

Good luck

I think the problem is based on ics not working properly. Even the icsinstall file you linked to installs just fine (I'm installing to the device, not the card) but when I try to run it I get a message that says "Cannot connect for an unknown reason. To change your connection settings, tap Settings"

I have checked all my settings and they are correct.

Anyone else haveing problems with ics not working in cc20?

Guest Foster318
I figured it out!! activesync cannot be running the first time you run icshrui. at least that fixed it for me.

Well pay yourself a hundred dollars <_< . Guess I just got lucky and it wasn't running when I did it. Like I said I didn't have any problems when I followed the directions I linked to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest True2BSU

I'm really new to the Omnia and Windows Mobile, but what you're describing sounds exactly like what's happened to me. I got up the courage to flash to CC20 and everything seemed fine. I installed IntShrUI and was able to tether to my laptop with USB, then I installed WMWifiRouter and was able to tether wirelessly (Yeah!!! but the connection is still a little flaky.) But now I've realized that none of my Omnia's internet functions are working, i.e. Opera browser, Internet Explorer, Weatherbug, GoogleEarth.

So being a noobie, any advice on how to uninstall the IntShrUI so I can run it again "for the first time", but this time without ActiveSync running?

Thanks for your time hunting into this, you were much more thorough and explained it much better than I ever could! :D

Guest augie1

i need a coach. i have a freshly flashed verizon samsung i910. it is making/recieving calls. i have all the correct settings for metro for the sms/mms/ dialing #777 etc... EXCEPT!!! I can NOT get the password "metropcs" to stick when i enter it into the settings. I have a verizon vx6800 "ntc titan/mogul" I had it flashed to metro, and put all the same settings into it, and it's password stayed in place. All is working purrrfect on it. mms/sms/pic&text/calls/gps/instant messaging, etc.. I have been told that on the omni i910, the password has to be edited via computer/usb cable..reg edit.. perhaps. If i knew what/where to edit i feel confident enough to try it. can anyone direct me with good info, as to what software to use, and where in the registry, i need to edit? I have mobile reg editor, and qpst, and active sync installed, as well as tcmdpocketarm total commander for pocket-pc. i really want to get this phone working, someone please come to the rescue. my email is [email protected] cell# 707-413-8127...augie. and thanks in advance...

Okay i have followed the "unlock omnia gps" thread since last November. I was thrilled when azintegra did his lovely deed. I finally got the nuts to install cc20 and loved it. only prob, wmwifirouter doesn't work. in fact on every single rom based on azintegra's (wozzer's, adryn's, blazing wolf's, etc) weather it be wm6.1 or wm6.5 i get the same problem.

let me explain

1. I flash any cc20 based rom, any one of them.

result: every internet using application works

2: I install and run any and every version of ics i can find

result: every internet application still works, but icshrui cannot connect......opera, ie, everything still works

3: I install any version available of wmwifirouter (.91 to 1.35)

result: every internet application still works!! of course intshrui still wont connect

4: I actually run and setup wmwifirouter....now mind you i have used wmwifirouter from and through all its versions since v.91

Result: ALL OTHER internet using programs cannot connect...googlemaps, windowslive, opera, IE, text mesgs, email, anything. AND wmwifirouter's log shows that it has successfully connected, and is succeeding in keep alive pings. And I CAN connect to wmwifirouter via wifi, usb, or bluetooth with any machine I have (winXP, win Vista...three of them, or mac OS X Lepord) but i get long waits while acquiring ip addresses and the address i get is bogus.

WMWIFIROUTER is breaking something, but i9s it ICS sharing that is the real cause.

wmwifirouter is so important to me i actually paid for it, something i rarely do. i also paid for vznav and used it often but hated it so f*%^king bad that i decided to get back into my old habit of flashing beta roms that looked better.

this cc20 rom and all the wm6.5 roms based on it are awesome, but has VZW or Samsung snuck something into the next rom that STOPS US FROM TETHERING??? or is it as simple as the old icshrui is incompatible with CC20?

I'm lost and would love any help.

Posted success with instructions gets a donation ($100). As long as it is with azintegra's original CC20 and wmwifirouter's latest version.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GSBJackson
Does anyone know how to uninstall IntShrUI, because my Wifi on my omnia is gone

Search the discussion board... there is a fix to this issue.

• 2 months later...
Guest Keri1983

Hi!

I'm having the same problem where my internet doesn't work after I installed IntShrUI and WMwifirouter. Is there any way to fix this WITHOUT doing a hard reset? I am on vacation for the weekend and rely on the phone as my primary internet and I'm leery of loosing stuff due to hard reset without being at home with my PC to back it up.

Thanks!

Guest Otterdude
Hi!

I'm having the same problem where my internet doesn't work after I installed IntShrUI and WMwifirouter. Is there any way to fix this WITHOUT doing a hard reset? I am on vacation for the weekend and rely on the phone as my primary internet and I'm leery of loosing stuff due to hard reset without being at home with my PC to back it up.

Thanks!

I was having the same problem before... If phone has no internet try calling *228 opt 1 then try again. If phone has internet but WMWifiRouter isnt giving a usable IP address, while it is running, try going into your power options, on the wifi tab check or uncheck the box then OK. give it a few seconds then try renwing you IP address on the device you are trying to connect.... works for me. good luck

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dbsimms63
Does anyone know how to uninstall IntShrUI, because my Wifi on my omnia is gone

Do you have WMWifiRouter program installed? If so, under options in the program, run crash cleanup, and then do a soft reset, that will restore the Wifi in settings>connections>wireless manager. If not do a search on the board for the CAB file and download it to the device.

Edited by dbsimms63