Developers/Cooks

Guest RavrSimba

Guest RavrSimba

Do we not have a dedicated active developer forum somewhere out there specifically for the i910? I'm deeply interested in developing my own ROM's for personal use, possibly releasing them to the public if they are good enough. However I have a lot of questions. I have found the step by step tutorial for the 6.5 kitchen for the Omnia. However it doesn't cover the details.

For basic questions such as: How do I change this? What is this EXE for? I'm still confused as to integrating programs into the ROM... etc.

So is there one? It'd help us newbies out.

If not, i'd happily host one on my servers, but seeing as there are already so many Omnia forums out there I want to see if there is one first.

Guest blazingwolf
Do we not have a dedicated active developer forum somewhere out there specifically for the i910? I'm deeply interested in developing my own ROM's for personal use, possibly releasing them to the public if they are good enough. However I have a lot of questions. I have found the step by step tutorial for the 6.5 kitchen for the Omnia. However it doesn't cover the details.

For basic questions such as: How do I change this? What is this EXE for? I'm still confused as to integrating programs into the ROM... etc.

So is there one? It'd help us newbies out.

If not, i'd happily host one on my servers, but seeing as there are already so many Omnia forums out there I want to see if there is one first.

There aren't that many cooks for the i910 at the moment. Only 4 with posted ROMs. Me, Adrnalyne, bgill55 (he uses another name here) and WoZZeR. So there isn't a whole lot of call for a separate forum right now. The main places I visit right now are here and PPCGeeks.com which has an Omnia forum.

For the i910 we don't use .exe files like the i900 uses. We have bin files that load the pda section in to our devices through UMDL. Programs are integrated in to a ROM through OEM files. You can find these all over the place or make them your self. Putting things in or removing things is usually done by trial and error but a few of us have figurde it our pretty well. <_<

Feel free to ask your questions and I will be more then happy to tell you what I know.

Edited by blazingwolf