Verizon i910 Beta ROM SMS Bug fix

Guest Adrynalyne

Guest Adrynalyne

This cab addresses the problem where multiple SMS in a threaded conversation do not reset to 'read' when opening the thread, and instead only the currently highlighted one gets set to the 'read' flag while the others stay unread and still show as such in the message counters. This bug appeared with the CC20 beta rom, and does not exist with the stock rom shipped with the Omnia.

Its just a matter of time until the i910 chefs incorporate this into their roms.

CC20_SMS_fix.cab

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest ikediggety
This cab addresses the problem where multiple SMS in a threaded conversation do not reset to 'read' when opening the thread, and instead only the currently highlighted one gets set to the 'read' flag while the others stay unread and still show as such in the message counters. This bug appeared with the CC20 beta rom, and does not exist with the stock rom shipped with the Omnia.

Its just a matter of time until the i910 chefs incorporate this into their roms.

GOOD STUFF! thanks lyne!

moderators: sticky sticky sticky!

Edited by ikediggety

Guest bga7x

its in my v2.0.1 already online Thanks Adryn for finding this!

Guest aceofrazgriz

i'm assuming this will work with 6.5 also since its built upon the leaked rom correct? annoys the hell outta me lol

Edited by aceofrazgriz

Guest Adrynalyne
i'm assuming this will work with 6.5 also since its built upon the leaked rom correct? annoys the hell outta me lol

Correct :D

Guest Adrynalyne
does this also fix the mms recive size?

No, the title specifically says it deals with SMS.

Thats how Samsung has their MMS program setup.

Edited by Adrynalyne

Guest vslon90
No, the title specifically says it deals with SMS.

Thats how Samsung has their MMS program setup.

im actualy talking about the recieved messeges getting resized to like around 36k. do you know if there is a fix to that beside the acrsoft salution?

Guest Adrynalyne
Doesn't work for me. Could it be I'm using .net 3.5?

jv

No.

It doesnt work for some people, and I dont know why. Im not going to lose sleep over it, I suspect there is a new rom on the horizon.

Guest Adrynalyne
im actualy talking about the recieved messeges getting resized to like around 36k. do you know if there is a fix to that beside the acrsoft salution?

Like I said, no.

You do understand that the reason the arcsoft solution works is because its a completely different MMS program, right?

i900 users get arcsoft MMS. For some reason, us i910 users get some inhouse program that is baranded by Samsung.

Guest lomnia123

With the excellent luck of mine, didnt work for me either. I installed in my storage then in my device to no avail. Anybody that got it working can share what they did? maybe a hard reset? I dont know I began living with it, now I want it fixed again. Thanks all.

Guest Cooper3950

Welp I did it, and distributed thanks but it didn't work for me. I just didn't notice right away because I'm test driving Resco Contact Manager with the text message manager. (It's pretty slick) Thanks anyways Adrynalyne!

Guest biff6789
No.

It doesnt work for some people, and I dont know why. Im not going to lose sleep over it, I suspect there is a new rom on the horizon.

Do you know something we don't know? :D

Guest Adrynalyne
Do you know something we don't know? :D

No, just observant.

The TP has unlocked GPS via official rom. To me, that tells me that VZW now has VZNav working on unlocked GPS. That would have been one of the most major problems with them releasing it for the Omnia.

Guest ikediggety

well, for what it's worth, your fix worked great for a couple days, but now it's not. i have to scroll back up through all received messages to mark them read again. don't know what prompted the change, i don't remember installing anything around when it stopped working. i uninstalled it and then re-installed to device memory, still no joy.

any updates would be awesome, but if not, thanks for trying. i know it was just a labor of love.

Guest Dustinb

For those of you that haven’t had success with this CAB, give the CAB in THIS link a try. Adrynalyne posted this yesterday from his WM6.5 (3.6.1) ROM for me and I believe it’s just another build of the same file.

But for me this CAB fixes my Threaded SMS when the CAB originally posted in this thread didn’t work.

If this one works for you thank Adrynalyne. He continues to improve my phone more and more each day.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.php?p=9...;postcount=2333

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to note that I tried using the cab in the original post, as well as the alternative cab that was linked to/posted in the other forum. I verified that they do in fact have different CRC's so they are definitely two separate revisions.

Neither have worked for me. I have also noticed that beyond the messages not being marked as 'read', I have these odd time issues. For example, I will send a text at 5pm, and get a response instantly yet the response will come in marked with the time @ 11AM, which inadvertently puts the message lower on the list of messages since the system thinks the time stamp is before all the other messages. Which then makes finding which text is the new one even more annoying :)

Please let me know what information I can provide to help resolve this issue. My info is as follows:

Rom- i910.10 V.CC20.2096

H/W - i910.10 V.Q

PRL - P:51567 E:00004

Thanks!

While I am not a developer, I am pretty savvy so I can help to a certain degree. I also work with dozens of software developers so if any developers that know what the problem is but dont have time to work on it, let me know and perhaps I can get a friend to help out!

• 1 year later...