CC20 ROM and Wireless Signal

Guest Chimp

Guest Chimp

I have a new Omnia 910 and just updated/flashed (successfully) to the CC20 ROM. Works great, except for one odd thing - my wireless signal is almost non-existent! I never seem to have more than 1 bar, and most of the time 0 bars. I use Winterface, and even its signal settings show 'no service'! I seem to be able to make calls with no issue, and internet runs fine. But the signal worked fine before I went to the CC20 ROM.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas/solutions?

Chimp (Tom)

Guest Chimp
Did you try dialing *228 and then selecting option 2 to update your PRL version?

Yep, did that a number of times... whenever I flash I always immediately do a *228 option 1 then *228 option 2.

I don't seem to have any problems making calls, but it is just that the display of the bars never shows anything. Also seems weird that Winterface says I have no signal on their wireless widget.

Chimp (Tom)

Guest Eschelon
Yep, did that a number of times... whenever I flash I always immediately do a *228 option 1 then *228 option 2.

I don't seem to have any problems making calls, but it is just that the display of the bars never shows anything. Also seems weird that Winterface says I have no signal on their wireless widget.

Chimp (Tom)

Well if you don't have any problems making calls, connecting to the data network, or sending SMS, I'd say you're in the clear. I have noticed that the Omnia tends to show less bars than other Verizon phones. My wife, for example, will be standing right next to me with her phone (not an Omnia) and she'll have 4-5 bars and I'll only have one. So...

Guest Entity

Chimp (Tom)

opt 1 will also update the prl. no need to do both.

Guest tedkord
I have a new Omnia 910 and just updated/flashed (successfully) to the CC20 ROM. Works great, except for one odd thing - my wireless signal is almost non-existent! I never seem to have more than 1 bar, and most of the time 0 bars. I use Winterface, and even its signal settings show 'no service'! I seem to be able to make calls with no issue, and internet runs fine. But the signal worked fine before I went to the CC20 ROM.

Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas/solutions?

Chimp (Tom)

With Winterface, I needed to install personalizer, and set my carrier to VZW. Then it showed my bars.

Guest Chimp
With Winterface, I needed to install personalizer, and set my carrier to VZW. Then it showed my bars.

Ted, what do you mean by the above? (personalizer and set carrier to VZW) Tell me where I can get these things for Winterface. Thanks.

[uPDATE] Never mind, I found that program online and used it. Now the bars show perfectly. Thanks!!!

Edited by Chimp

Guest tedkord
Ted, what do you mean by the above? (personalizer and set carrier to VZW) Tell me where I can get these things for Winterface. Thanks.

[uPDATE] Never mind, I found that program online and used it. Now the bars show perfectly. Thanks!!!

No problem. I'm not using Winterface anymore, but IIRC, the newest version had an option to show the Omnia's native winmo taskbar on top the screen. With that, you shouldn't need the Personalizer fix.

Guest Chimp
No problem. I'm not using Winterface anymore, but IIRC, the newest version had an option to show the Omnia's native winmo taskbar on top the screen. With that, you shouldn't need the Personalizer fix.

Hmm.... What's IIRC??

Guest Chimp
If I remember correctly.

Duh, boy do I feel dumb! :D Should've figured that out myself.... I thought it was some new product like Winterface!!

Thanks, wolf!

Chimp (Tom)