WM6.5 roms, audio skiping like crazy when locked!

Guest Scott6

Guest Scott6

I have v.05 of wozzers 6.5 m2d rom loaded on my omnia. I have a few questions, I orignaly posted them in his thread but they ended up behind many pages very fast...

1. When useing SPB MS3, my mp3 palyback works fine. But when I lock the phone with the power buttom (screen goes out) it skips alot, with both HTC audio manager, and WMP.. very anoying . I tried going back to Touchflo, and useing its built in media player it seem to work fine when locked...

2. Phone lock: When I use the samsung phone dialer, after 2 seconds the touch screen locks when on a call. When I use the much nicer looking and faster stock WM6.5 dialer, it will not lock, I keep hitting buttoms and ending up in random menus after a call... is that lock a feature of the sammy dialer? What dialer do you all use?

Thanks in advance for any help I get on this..

Edited by Scott6

Guest blazingwolf

2. Yes the lock is part of the Samsung dialer and I use it for this reason. There is a program called Smart Lock which can lock your phone when you use the WM dialer but I and others have experienced bugs with it that can cause inconveniences.

Guest Scott6
2. Yes the lock is part of the Samsung dialer and I use it for this reason. There is a program called Smart Lock which can lock your phone when you use the WM dialer but I and others have experienced bugs with it that can cause inconveniences.

Thanks dude!

Also, I think I found out what was up with my sound skiping.. it seems to be related to the mic/headphone adapter that came with the phone. I ordered a ebay 3.5mm adapter a while back. I never got around to opening it up. When I tried it wil a full lenth set of earbuds.. it does not seem to skip. (I found it does kip in M2D as well :D

weird... Ill run soem more tests, if that is the reason im going to go back to verizon and have them replace the cable.

Guest Scott6
Thanks dude!

Also, I think I found out what was up with my sound skiping.. it seems to be related to the mic/headphone adapter that came with the phone. I ordered a ebay 3.5mm adapter a while back. I never got around to opening it up. When I tried it wil a full lenth set of earbuds.. it does not seem to skip. (I found it does kip in M2D as well :D

weird... Ill run soem more tests, if that is the reason im going to go back to verizon and have them replace the cable.

Arg, never mind it still skips liek crazy.

I figured out that it only happends when I LOCK the phone. no matter what interface I run, M2D, MS3, No interface, just a blank today screen. if I just shut off the LCD it works fine, but if I lock it it skips...

Can any elese confirm they can play music with the phone locked?

Guest Scott6

ok so I narrowed it down a bit.

It only happends when the phone is locked. I can set the device not to lock when i push the power buttom and it will turn off the LCD, and play just fine.

I loaded up a few diffrent 6.5 roms and they all do it. It seems to be on and off.

I loaded back to the stock CC22 rom, and the issue was not present... arg... it does it even worse with touch player (SMplayer)

Guest Scott6
HMmmm..

it seems im not the only one.

Do you think its my phone hardware?

wow, this seems like a seriould problem with 6.5, and no one is posting? or does no one use there phone as a full time player

Guest andylyf
wow, this seems like a seriould problem with 6.5, and no one is posting? or does no one use there phone as a full time player

Try playing around with your power settings and Chobit smartlock, im running on wm6.5 and i dont have problem with stuttering sound.

btw, i use Voice Command, when i lock my phone, i can use it to control the player e.g next track, previous track,....etc

Guest forelli

Just to let you know: first, on shokka's, sector's or khuanchai's roms (currently) I had the same problem with some players but NEVER with WMP. You should try to hard reset because WMP doesn't do that.

Second, download Pocket Music Player, go into the settings, find the screen power off, set it to 5 or 10 seconds, and lock the keys on the player: it will turn off the screen after the seconds you set, and with the keys locked, put it in your pocket and enjoy. An wxcerpt from the Pocket Music's Guide:

Power Saving

To set the power saving options, go to the player menu and choose Player Settings, and then tap Power Options.

Options in the Power Saving Options section:

Automatically turn off display - Shut off the display after the specified time, from 5 seconds to 5 minutes.

Automatically lock hardware buttons - Prevent the device from waking up on accident pressing of hardware buttons after the display turned off automatically.

Don't lock display toggle button - Allows you to lock all buttons except the one assigned to toggle on/off the display.

You can also lock hardware buttons manually by tapping the Lock button on the main player screen.

Hope this helps

forelli

Guest Scott6
Just to let you know: first, on shokka's, sector's or khuanchai's roms (currently) I had the same problem with some players but NEVER with WMP. You should try to hard reset because WMP doesn't do that.

Second, download Pocket Music Player, go into the settings, find the screen power off, set it to 5 or 10 seconds, and lock the keys on the player: it will turn off the screen after the seconds you set, and with the keys locked, put it in your pocket and enjoy. An wxcerpt from the Pocket Music's Guide:

Power Saving

To set the power saving options, go to the player menu and choose Player Settings, and then tap Power Options.

Options in the Power Saving Options section:

Automatically turn off display - Shut off the display after the specified time, from 5 seconds to 5 minutes.

Automatically lock hardware buttons - Prevent the device from waking up on accident pressing of hardware buttons after the display turned off automatically.

Don't lock display toggle button - Allows you to lock all buttons except the one assigned to toggle on/off the display.

You can also lock hardware buttons manually by tapping the Lock button on the main player screen.

Hope this helps

forelli

Well no luck, non of those options helped.

I wend back to CC20 6.1 and the skipping stops most of the time, but 6.1 sucks....

Do you think its the music im playing? the bit rate on most of my stuff is aobe 192 (320 or var.) some of it is 192 and few is 128. I will need to build a test pallet of songs. (128, 192, 320, MP3 and WMA)