• PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • Interests:Omnia
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia I900
  • Twitter:@_Smilegod_
Jus a quick question :D
Will we be able to run Android apps/games on Omnia
Or should we modify them to work

Support my work by doing a small donation ;)

Donate

lorin.bute

lorin.bute

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Big step. Congratz.
Cant wait to have it fully working.

aclarkc

aclarkc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
This is my dream to see it working, I get paid this week, got to go work on my budget see if I can donate some.

x.v_

x.v_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
Wow, AMAZING job guys. Hope to see touch screen drivers in the near future. :D

efbill

efbill

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
Please rapidshare mirror!

sorry for my bad english

shokka9

shokka9

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,499 posts
  • Interests:Everything
  • Devices:iPhone 5, HTC One
  • Twitter:@shokka9

Jus a quick question :D
Will we be able to run Android apps/games on Omnia
Or should we modify them to work

I am assuming here.....

but once we can interface with Android OS, it will run all Android apps/games, so we shouldn't have to modify them to work in Android environment.

I can't wait.....this is will be so much fun....a dual booting Omnia running WM & Android....

;)

HTC One | Unlocked Bootloader | CWM | Root | S-OFF

nollie

nollie

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy SII
  • Twitter:@nollie2
This is amazing. Great work Fella!

Just to let you know if you can successfully port Android I will be more than happy to make a donation if you set something up.

joža

joža

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
trying something i have the ubuntu live CD did all I have to do but screen just goes black. nevermind it's not useful yet for anything but trying possibilities of omnia! :D
and....can i get video pleaseeee? like how the one on pitcures booted. tnx ;) :D

Is there an officer, problem? :D

emmarbee

emmarbee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Mind Blowing!
Omnia is gonna rule! With Android getting into it, the hidden 262K (I guess atleast android supports it) will spruce up the display!

MrOmnia81

MrOmnia81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910
Will this be for omnia i910 or i900 or both?

FeLLa_

FeLLa_

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

This is amazing. Great work Fella!

that wasn't only my work! we are a team! :D
great work from netspider, ulrar, sonique, whiplash and all the other people at irc channel :D

sorry that we cant give you support for the package.... we have so much to do at them moment....
maybe next revision will have a howto ;)

EDIT:
yes it's for all omnias (except omnia HD)

Edited by FeLLa_, 12 June 2009 - 08:47 PM.

xCorndogx

xCorndogx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:Gaming, Rom Cooking (YAY!), Web Design, Web Dev, and I'll try anything.
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia i910
  • Twitter:@evanriley
Can't wait till you have all (or the most important) drivers working, and the ability to send/receive and answer calls that would be great.

Samsung Omnia i910:
*xCorndogx Social Butterfly ROM (Visit my Cafe for flavor)
*Apps:
*SPB Mobile Shell
*SPB Phone Suite
*Wisbar Advanced Desktop
*S2P
*S2U2
*iContact
*Couple games...
Visit my Cafe: Here
- I love cooking. If you like my work, buy me some coffee: Donate

Tim-H

Tim-H

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:i910

Will this be for omnia i910 or i900 or both?

As far as my understanding with custom ROMs go. They are developing this on the i900, but someone should be able to easily port it over to the i910 when they get it running.

jhitesma

jhitesma

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia

As far as my understanding with custom ROMs go. They are developing this on the i900, but someone should be able to easily port it over to the i910 when they get it running.

At this time they aren't working on a ROM. They're using a WM based boot loader application which is why this doesn't require flashing or any other modifications to the phone.

I tried it on my 910 and it works just as well as it works for anyone. Boots the kernel, loads android and you can watch the clock tick.

I'm not sure how different the 900 and 910 are so I don't know if there will be any driver issues. Though I suspect that most things will be similar enough that for most functionality anything that works on one will likely work on the other. There will be some parts of the devices that are different I'm sure. But for now the functionality is the same on 910 and 900.

Tim-H

Tim-H

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Devices:i910

At this time they aren't working on a ROM. They're using a WM based boot loader application which is why this doesn't require flashing or any other modifications to the phone.

I tried it on my 910 and it works just as well as it works for anyone. Boots the kernel, loads android and you can watch the clock tick.

I'm not sure how different the 900 and 910 are so I don't know if there will be any driver issues. Though I suspect that most things will be similar enough that for most functionality anything that works on one will likely work on the other. There will be some parts of the devices that are different I'm sure. But for now the functionality is the same on 910 and 900.

Thats what i get for not reading through the whole thread lol. Alright then there shouldn't bee too much of a difference. The gps driver needs to be different for sure. I think there are a few hardware differences so i wouldn't expect it to run smoothly on the i910 straight off the release.

darren ang

darren ang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
This is a very important milestone for android on omnia
The team really make it.
<h1 class="title">Let's Give Them A Round of Applause</h1>I manage to boot up on my omnia too

Just a little trick, when you extract to your memory card, do ensure all those "init, rc.init & etc" files are in root folder.

Some zip application just extract the zip file as "rootfs" folder, this wont work, you need to copy all the files in rootfs folder to your memory card root folder.

MrOmnia81

MrOmnia81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i910

Great News... You dudes Rock!!!!!

igodamaso

igodamaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Wow! Its amazing!
Good begin!

gianton

gianton

Hardcore

• Members