Random Issues and Hopefully Solutions On Wozzers 6.5

Guest davidmrrr

Guest davidmrrr

I want to start this off by saying AMAZING work to everyone cooking up and contributing to i910 ROMs.

I'm using an i910 running wozzers 6.5 stock.

With this I've noticed a generally weaker signal, poorer battery life, incorrect text message time stamps, the screen not responding in text message mode and issues with the screen only displaying half of the dialer.

I'm not blaming all of this on wozzers rom, my phone may simply just no longer function properly, but the flash is the only major change ive made to my phone in the last month.

Has anyone else exp any of these on the same rom?

Edited by davidmrrr

Guest cooleydan5

No not at all i have have had no problems. try a reset, and if that doesnt work try to flash again. hope everything works out

Guest davidmrrr
No not at all i have have had no problems. try a reset, and if that doesnt work try to flash again. hope everything works out

already did a reset, have flashed twice.

Guest cooleydan5
already did a reset, have flashed twice.

Hmmm.. thats weird i dont know. have you tried any other ROMs? and if so, do they still have the same problems?

Guest necosino

Time stamp issue is just a WinMo things that can happen. Go into your clock and change to a visiting location (So it changes your time zone) Soft reset, change it back to your home time zone, and test it out, should be fine after that.

Phone signal was no different for me, even ran a d/l speed test and there was not a notable difference.

Half of the dialer.. no clue on that one.. or the other issues you have.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the ROM, and that you've flashed correctly. If you restored a backup DO NOT RESTORE THE SYSTEM SETTINGS (Like the Registry, that will seriously mess up your phone). If you NEED to restore a backup, ONLY restore your contacts, texts, etc.

Guest davidmrrr
Time stamp issue is just a WinMo things that can happen. Go into your clock and change to a visiting location (So it changes your time zone) Soft reset, change it back to your home time zone, and test it out, should be fine after that.

Phone signal was no different for me, even ran a d/l speed test and there was not a notable difference.

Half of the dialer.. no clue on that one.. or the other issues you have.

Make sure you're using the latest version of the ROM, and that you've flashed correctly. If you restored a backup DO NOT RESTORE THE SYSTEM SETTINGS (Like the Registry, that will seriously mess up your phone). If you NEED to restore a backup, ONLY restore your contacts, texts, etc.

Ive done the visiting location change, but it invariable changes back 2-3 times a week. I am using the latest version and am 100% that I've flashed correctly. I dont have the knowledge of the rom cookers but i do know my way around. I did not restore anything.

Thanks for the advice though!

Guest Eschelon
Ive done the visiting location change, but it invariable changes back 2-3 times a week. I am using the latest version and am 100% that I've flashed correctly. I dont have the knowledge of the rom cookers but i do know my way around. I did not restore anything.

Thanks for the advice though!

Just curious... Do you live near a time zone border? If so, your signal is likely bouncing off of towers in both time zones which could be contributing to the "2-3 times a week invariable change"

Guest Cooper3950

I am having the same problem with the timestamps but haven't had a response in the dedicated ROM thread. My incoming messages are timestamped four hours earlier than they should be, but the outgoing messages are the correct times. I have flashed correctly and many times. The time has also been changed and many soft resets.

And no, I am not near a timezone border.

Edited by Cooper3950

Guest humpington
I want to start this off by saying AMAZING work to everyone cooking up and contributing to i910 ROMs.

With this I've noticed a generally weaker signal, poorer battery life, incorrect text message time stamps, the screen not responding in text message mode and issues with the screen only displaying half of the dialer.

I'm not blaming all of this on wozzers rom, my phone may simply just no longer function properly, but the flash is the only major change ive made to my phone in the last month.

I have seen the half of dialer problem I think on my phone running Wozzer's 6.5 v4. I can only see a portion of the dialer but after a soft reset it seems to work fine. I also had the text message issue after flashing to v4 but it went away after a few resets; not sure what changed.

Guest djlactose

I am having all of the same issues, I have even swapped out phones with Verizon and when I brought the new one up to the 6.5 stock it had the same issues, without any third party apps. I have heard that the problem is the WM, that it is just not that stable anymore. I am just hoping that Wozzers can get a more stable 6.5 and then release the new ROM.

Guest Cooper3950

*228 and a soft reset when using Memaid to optimize for speed cured the problem. Not a clue the mechanism but it worked. :D

Guest davidmrrr

I live nowhere near any timezone border.

I swapped my phone out under the 1yr manufacturers defect warranty. Once I flashed it to the latest 6.5 i had all of the same issues. I went back to v.04 of wozzers and still had the issues so i know its not the phone.

I noticed the best speed and performance is with adryns roms. The only reason i didnt keep using one of his is i got lots of internet errors and the notifications panel wasnt centered. (im anal).

However i dont know if this is as much wozzers rom as it is cc20.

edit: i forgot to mention earlier, my gps will obtain a lock everywhere except nyc. im not sure why hopefully someone has the fix on that.

Edited by davidmrrr