The latest official English ROM: XBIC1

Guest tibor22

Guest tibor22

There is a new Nordic ROM avaible in

http://dev.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Althogh there is an even newer, Secany's DXID1, but it's a service ROM, not a factory one. So, XBIC1 seems to be the latest, newest official English ROM, since after flashing you can choose between some Nordic languages (Danish, Swedish, etc.) or English.

I would love to try it but the installer exe may have a sophisticated checking system, and doesn't allow you to flash if the current OS is not Nordic.

It would be very useful if someone could extract the parts of the ROM from the installer and make an installable WWE version with Grandprix, sorting out the unnecessary things (demo videos, etc.), like XRAY MAN did it with the DXIA5 ROM. (I tried to open the XP installer with Executor but I failed... I'm not an expert at all...)

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about the new rom! So, I call for help from our great masters here in the forum! Thanks, in advance.

EDIT:

I'm not an expert but finally could flast it, thanks to Executor (and Pako777)

Edited by tibor22

Guest Владик
There is a new Nordic ROM avaible in

http://dev.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Althogh there is an even newer, Secany's DXID1, but it's a service ROM, not a factory one. So, XBIC1 seems to be the latest, newest official English ROM, since after flashing you can choose between some Nordic languages (Danish, Swedish, etc.) or English.

I would love to try it but the installer exe may have a sophisticated checking system, and doesn't allow you to flash if the current OS is not Nordic.

It would be very useful if someone could extract the parts of the ROM from the installer and make an installable WWE version with Grandprix, sorting out the unnecessary things (demo videos, etc.), like XRAY MAN did it with the DXIA5 ROM. (I tried to open the XP installer with Executor but I failed... I'm not an expert at all...)

I'm sure I'm not the only one curious about the new rom! So, I call for help from our great masters here in the forum! Thanks, in advance.

When trying to download the Firmware, I´m directed to the link:

http://nordic.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst.js...60&coflag=0

which seems to be broken.

How did you figure out that there are other languages available in this ROM???

Guest viasat

Somebody here http://www.samsung-omnia.org/rom-discussio...om-%28xbic1%29/ have tested...

Please,if someone has i900XBHL1(old nordic rom) for xp,can be kind to upload it anywere (rapidshare,megaupload...) because the official link from here http://fus.samsungmobile.com/omnia/NE/XEE/..._updater_xp.exe doesn't work anymore.

Tnx a lot

Cheers

Edited by viasat

Guest tibor22
When trying to download the Firmware, I´m directed to the link:

http://nordic.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst.js...60&coflag=0

which seems to be broken.

How did you figure out that there are other languages available in this ROM???

The link now is really broken. Hopefully it's only a temporary problem. I could download the firmware two days ago without any problem.

A poster in samsung-omnia.org reported that it has different nordic languages plus english.

Guest sahus

i Downloaded this today, and everything worked perfectly for me ;)

I am happy because this was my first upgrade, and this worked very well.

i'm from norway and i didn't see all the languages, but i could see it was in norwegian swedish dannish english and i thin finnish

Guest tibor22
Please,can somebody be kind,and upload for me this rom i900XBHL1_updater_xp.exe ,because official link is dead,and I need it bad.

Tnx a lot

Best Regards

Certainly the official link is dead because there is a newer version avaible and Samsung always offers the latest ROM in its update page for every market, the previous version is removed.

Guest tibor22
I know,but maybe a good samaritan who downloaded it already can upload that version on public hosting!

Cheers

I may know your plan: to flash the older version back and then, be able to flash the latest one, by passing the version check.

I would try the same if I could get an XB... service ROM that can be installed without version check. So, I second your appeal!

Guest viasat

Yep,that's the plan. ;)

I've searched hours with google,but the only links that I've found,are the official ones,and,of course,are all dead.So,the only chance is that somebody will upload the file somwhere,and let us know.

Cheers

Guest ilkkes
Yep,that's the plan. ;)

I've searched hours with google,but the only links that I've found,are the official ones,and,of course,are all dead.So,the only chance is that somebody will upload the file somwhere,and let us know.

Cheers

Wait a few hours. I have both xp and vista version. I will give you the rapidshare links first in the morning. My upload is very slow so now I have to go to bed :D

Edited by ilkkes

Guest viasat

Tnx a lot,you made me an big favour!

Best Regards!

P.S. : Now the Samsung mobile server is up and running,and all the links from this topic ok,so grab what you need until it's last!

Edited by viasat

Guest tibor22
Tnx a lot,you made me an big favour!

Best Regards!

P.S. : Now the Samsung mobile server is up and running,and all the links from this topic ok,so grab what you need until it's last!

viasat: Could you flash XBHL1?

I am just now downloading it... Ilkkes: THANKS!

But I'm afraid XBHL1 also has version check and won't allow me to install. (My current rom is DXID1.) But maybe registry edit will be enough, since it's an older rom with simpler check algorythm. We will see...

Guest micrographics

I downloaded XBIC1 and am able to extract it. After extraction I found 3 .csc files customer.csc, customer2.csc and customer3.cscwhere as in singapore firware it is only one .CSC file.

Guest tibor22
I downloaded XBIC1 and am able to extract it. After extraction I found 3 .csc files customer.csc, customer2.csc and customer3.cscwhere as in singapore firware it is only one .CSC file.

Certainly you found multiple csc files, because with this rom you can install different languages after flashing! You should

1. Check with a simple hex editor which csc file is English, than

2. Publish somewhere the parts with the English csc file (or all of them, but making clear which is English, which is Danish, Swedish, etc.)

Would you, please?!

Thanks!

Guest viasat

@tibor22

Sorry m8,I was gone a few days..now I'm back.I've flashed without problem XBHL1,changing the registry in Omnia,and with hex editor in update.exe the XB in DX ,and after that I've flashed in normal mode with active sync the XBIC1.First impression is positive,but I'm not a power user,I need only a few things from my Omnia:for e.g the phone part is better,at least for me in Vodafone Ro,the signal is better in gsm,the battery last at least 3 days on moderate use.I'm not using gps,but I'll try to test it with I-go.If you to try something,please let me know.

Best Regards

Guest tibor22

Finally I also could flash it!

I didn't use the Hex editor trick, I disassembled the original exe with Executor. It needed two steps: first the Executor made another exe, the same type that service ROMs have, but I couldn't flash that exe either. Second: from that new exe I extracted the parts - pda, phone, csc, etc. - than I could flash my Omnia with Grandprix.

My first experiece is good:

the ROM is stable, has all the Samsung apps that DXID1 has (only differece is that Favorite Setting is present but not included into Main Menu) and some apps more! It has paralelly Shozu and Share Pix (the newer ROMs have either one or the another) and there is "Midomi" on board: you sing a song to Omnia and the app recognises it by internet and you can download the song.

But the main reason because I put it is not clear yet: I was satisfied with DXID1, only the battery life was quite poor, 1-1,5 days with moderate use. Since I put XBIC1 only yesterday I need more time to evaluate the power consuming. If it's better than with DXID1, I will keep this ROM for a long time, I think!

Guest viasat

Glad you have sorted my friend,I'm scared to flash with GrandPrix,so I prefer the ''registry hack'' method ,it's a lot easier for a novice like me.I'm also pleased with this rom,gps is working without problem with Igo,and lots of apps an games in menu,the only problem it's the little free memory.Battery life it's ok,for me it lasts about 3 days,but with 3G mode deactivated.

Cheers

Guest tibor22
I'm also pleased with this rom,gps is working without problem with Igo,and lots of apps an games in menu, ...

Cheers

Since I used Grandprix I couldn't install some apps and the demo videos, songs etc. Those stuff is in customer_3.csc (280 MB!) and Grandprix only allow to flash two csc file. I flashed customer.csc (online widgets, etc.) and customer_2.csc (language files).

That's why I am asking you viasat:

tell me, what games and apps are installed by default? Just to know, what I am missing...

Cheers