The latest official English ROM: XBIC1

Guest tibor22

Nordic rom to Omnia XBIC1 can still downloades, but you have to do a little hack...

http://dev.samsungmobile.com/support/omnia/index.jsp

Using dev.samsungmobile.com/supp... selecting the country you live in.

Them select the right blue button to confirm download.

If the site dosent work, try change the URL to de.samsungmobile in stead of the original nordic.samsungmobile.com/pmgmvst.jsp?...

Then the site redirect you to the download server, fus.samsungmobile.com.

But the link dosent work, so you have to remove the last part in the URL, after .exe

When you remove this part and hit enter again, the new firmware file are shown to you.

Tursoe AKA Christian ([email protected])

Guest dayspring2099us
Finally I also could flash it!

I didn't use the Hex editor trick, I disassembled the original exe with Executor. It needed two steps: first the Executor made another exe, the same type that service ROMs have, but I couldn't flash that exe either. Second: from that new exe I extracted the parts - pda, phone, csc, etc. - than I could flash my Omnia with Grandprix.

My first experiece is good:

the ROM is stable, has all the Samsung apps that DXID1 has (only differece is that Favorite Setting is present but not included into Main Menu) and some apps more! It has paralelly Shozu and Share Pix (the newer ROMs have either one or the another) and there is "Midomi" on board: you sing a song to Omnia and the app recognises it by internet and you can download the song.

But the main reason because I put it is not clear yet: I was satisfied with DXID1, only the battery life was quite poor, 1-1,5 days with moderate use. Since I put XBIC1 only yesterday I need more time to evaluate the power consuming. If it's better than with DXID1, I will keep this ROM for a long time, I think!

could you please tell me how to upgrade rom by using executor and grandprix. at this time i'm using DXIA5 version, should i hack with registry editor my current version with nordic version in order able to flash XBIC1 version.

thanks

Thanks

Edited by dayspring2099us

Guest xtralarge26
could you please tell me how to upgrade rom by using executor and grandprix. at this time i'm using DXIA5 version, should i hack with registry editor my current version with nordic version in order able to flash XBIC1 version.

thanks

Thanks

I'd also like to know,

I've tried using grandprix to install but when i turn my phone on there's a blue screen, so i could do with some help please.

Guest Владик
Finally able to flashed it by using HEX editor.

Please share the secret...

how did u manage to do that?

i tried a lot with no success.

OK, I'm trying to explain how I did it.

I used the i900_EXEcutor program to make the downloaded factory ROM flashable in two steps.

First: I used the program's "Grab OSUpdater_FW" option with which I created another exe called "Update.exe". I tried to directly flash it, but it also returned with incorrect software version error.

So, secondly I could disassemble that newly created exe, also with i900_EXEcutor. I got separate parts (phone, pda, eboot and three cutomer.csc files).

And finally those parts could be flashed with Grandprix software that we normally use for flashing service ROMs (it does not check the version of your Omnia). One trick: Grandprix allows to flash two .csc files, but I had three. So I put 'customer.csc' file to the 'CSC' slot and 'customer_2.csc' file to the 'Multilang' slot. I ignored the 'customer_3.csc' file, but it only meant that the Samsung demo videos, songs and games were not installed.

Everything worked well after the Grandprix installation but, just to be on the safe side, I flashed again my Omnia with the Update.exe, created by the i900_EXEcutor. And that is how I finally got the whole XBIC1 ROM on my device (together with games, videos, etc.)!

It was not easy at all and took quite a lot of time... to be honest.

Good luck!

Guest Владик
OK, I'm trying to explain how I did it.

I used the i900_EXEcutor program to make the downloaded factory ROM flashable in two steps.

First: I used the program's "Grab OSUpdater_FW" option with which I created another exe called "Update.exe". I tried to directly flash it, but it also returned with incorrect software version error.

So, secondly I could disassemble that newly created exe, also with i900_EXEcutor. I got separate parts (phone, pda, eboot and three cutomer.csc files).

And finally those parts could be flashed with Grandprix software that we normally use for flashing service ROMs (it does not check the version of your Omnia). One trick: Grandprix allows to flash two .csc files, but I had three. So I put 'customer.csc' file to the 'CSC' slot and 'customer_2.csc' file to the 'Multilang' slot. I ignored the 'customer_3.csc' file, but it only meant that the Samsung demo videos, songs and games were not installed.

Everything worked well after the Grandprix installation but, just to be on the safe side, I flashed again my Omnia with the Update.exe, created by the i900_EXEcutor. And that is how I finally got the whole XBIC1 ROM on my device (together with games, videos, etc.)!

It was not easy at all and took quite a lot of time... to be honest.

Good luck!

TIBOR22

Would you be very sympathetic and upload the modified file?

Guest tibor22
TIBOR22

Would you be very sympathetic and upload the modified file?

What file? The one created from factory installer? It's 451 489 KB! It's too big to upload (at least for me, since I don't have account on any filehosting site).

But you can easily produce it with Executor yourself!

• 1 month later...

that would be great, please.

I have granprix 1.5 and I cannot update 2 CSC files. cannot find a newer ver of Granprix.

can you point me in the direction for the new Granprix. thank you.

ok So after searching and updating, the rom works now, and I was able to update all CSC files. but you need the latest granprix 1.8 to do that.

works great will post again with feedback in a few days