CM Wifi Internet Sharing

Guest sector

Guest arniep

Start here:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...zon-omnia-i910/. Look for my post on Feb 5 or 6 of 2010.

You are looking for ICS cab, which is internet sharing that permits you to share your internet connection on you phone over usb or BT. Good luck. You might also want to check over at the xda-developers forum.

That does sound better except for two things...one: I still have a first gen iTouch (no BT) ....but I am seriously considering upgrading SOON!!!!

two: I have no idea what intshui is, please inform me (I will Google it as well, you may be faster though LOL).

Thanks for the info, it is nice to know it may be a lot easier if I get the new iTouch!!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mark elmore
No, it does not. Did it even work for you? I doubt it.

Compared to WMWiFiRouter, this program......

1) Does not automatically turn on WiFi.

2) Does not create an Ad-Hoc connection.

3) Does not work.

Thank you for wasting 10 minutes of my day.

:huh:

I know this thread has some age on it but I would like to thank sector for this. its working great on my Omnia. Im not a techno anything,noob would be a compliment, but found it easy to set up and run by following the instructions in the initial post.

now I can run wifi from the phone to my Wii for a second source of email checking,online(ing) when my wife is on the desktop and the kids

need to do homework on the computer. plus I can still do my Hofoing( howard forums) and or use the MSoffice on my phone at the same time

my evdo signal is crappy( slow but solid) at home so I wifi to my dsl mostly but, as I wrote before, its nice to have options. when wifiing both the Wii and phone at the same time the router doesnt always play nice with the phone so now I can use the phone as the router for the Wii and still have plan A without having to change cords or settings.

thank you sector

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stham

I struggled with the "could not get 192.x.x.x IP address" problem for over a week, but I have now got it working.

These are the steps (I think) will work:

1. Go into Wi-Fi settings, "edit" the XDA-Wifi-Sharing "profile" and change "Connects to" to the "Work" network

2. Click on the Network Adapters tab and also make sure that SyChip Jaguar WLAN GSPI Card is set to connect using "Work" network

3. For me it did not matter what the IP address settings were, because they would be reset anyway by the CM software later on to "use specific: 192.168.1.1 ..."

4. I did not need to use Comm Manager

5. I think the "trick" to make it work is to make sure that the Ad-Hoc Wi-Fi network is established first by the Computer and not the phone. Depending on the Computer OS this is done differently, but under Windows 7, it is pretty easy to do using the wizard in the Network and Sharing Center ("Set up a new connection or network"). I established a "saved" ad-hoc wifi network for "Xda-Wifi-Sharing" on the computer.

6. Make sure you start up the ad-hoc wifi network on the computer first. In Windows 7, it will appear in the networks list as "Waiting for users" once you have started it.

7. Now start CM Wifi Internet Sharing on the phone

8. The computer should then register the ad-hoc network as "Connected" once the phone has settled down a bit

9. Everything (should be) working!

Good luck, and feedback appreciated!

S.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest taxgirl

perfect on htc touch pro 2 on tmobile -- FAST connection.. doesnt work in some areas for some reason but i wonder if thats tmobile.. but in LA its faster than the Uverse line at my office -- even with 3 computers (mac and pc) juicing with youtube n all.

go this app!

thanks