MrCapcom's Custom Rom Final Build 28014

Guest MrCapcom

Guest pianoman724

There are a lot of things that I like about this rom but there are some things that annoy me. There is something wrong with the contacts function. If I type in a number and go to menu and select "save to contacts" then select "new contact" it won't go to the edit contact function. Also when I am during a phone call, the screen lock function wont work. Also whatever happened to the bubble thingy on the XT9 keyboard? Can you help me with these things?

Guest MrCapcom
There are a lot of things that I like about this rom but there are some things that annoy me. There is something wrong with the contacts function. If I type in a number and go to menu and select "save to contacts" then select "new contact" it won't go to the edit contact function. Also when I am during a phone call, the screen lock function wont work. Also whatever happened to the bubble thingy on the XT9 keyboard? Can you help me with these things?

1 Ok Contacts problem I'm trying to solve Just found that out the other day

2 Lock screen works fine for me

3 As the OP states all the xt9 keyboards are deleted except the first Keyboard. So its not going to work you have to either use the regular keyboard or just fingerkeyboard which is a better program imo

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MrCapcom

Don't Have that much time because I'm leaving from work but I will update the OP soon!

First of all we have 2 builds

Screen29.jpgScreen30.jpg

Has M2D and a new look couple other odds and ends

Screen32.jpgScreen31.jpg

New look new build took out HTC Album and Sashimi till I fix

a problem.

Thanks to everyone who helped in some way or another on this build.

Everything works fine if you have a problem with touch then use

touch response in the settings make sure you keep the vibrate on or

set to Vibrate only for keyboard.

Both buiilds have been tested stable please let me know of any problems!

I will add more details later though.

Download links on OP

Guest chubbyboy88
? lol

One tweak I would like you to add is the one to remove the low battery sound. It really get annoying when I have my phone on vibrate in class and out of nowhere my phone makes noise

Guest MrCapcom
One tweak I would like you to add is the one to remove the low battery sound. It really get annoying when I have my phone on vibrate in class and out of nowhere my phone makes noise

i will look into it I never get my battery that low to know lol

Guest eclsnowman

Wow Loving V3.0. How did you cram in all my favorite apps and tweaks and still keep it with almost 130mb free. When I take most base roms and add in all these features I can only keep 110free. Anyway, just wanted to say love the look and the rom. My only criticism might bee the custom taskbar is hard to read with light blue background... but those sort of things are all preference. I will be bouncing between you and Hart for my roms from now on.

I just can't express enough how impressed I am with your attention to detail on this rom.

Guest Jeremy O

Hello MrCapcom,

I'm using your version 23034 and it's very nice! I like WM6.5 with all the finger friendly options. I have a couple small issues I'd love to fix to make this a perfect ROM. :D

1. Double-tapping doesn't work in browsers and lots of apps (all apps?). For example when double tapping to zoom in Opera or Skyfire or when reading Email. This makes it hard to use Opera since I cannot read the text without clicking the zoom menu options.

2. How do I disable the startup & shutdown sounds? They are very loud! I tried replacing a few phoneon & phoneoff .wav files in the \Windows folder, but that didn't mute the startup & shutdown videos.

3. Pressing the volume up/down buttons repeatedly doesn't change the sound. For example: Pressing the Volume Up side button once brings up the volume screen, but pressing it again does not raise the volume. I have to touch the front screen in order to change the volume.

4. The camera button starts the camera program, but then hitting it again doesn't take a picture. Pressing the Dpad takes the picture. Is there a way to set the camera button to allow manual focusing when it's pressed half-way, and when pressed all the way takes a picture?

5. Where's the Voice Command feature or how to I reinstall it? I use voice commands to change to the next song while my phone is in my pocket. The new voice command program that's coming out soon, TellMe, sounds even better. Is there any way to reinstall voice commands?

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Jeremy O

Guest Chapster
Don't Have that much time because I'm leaving from work but I will update the OP soon!

First of all we have 2 builds

Screen29.jpgScreen30.jpg

Damn! I like the icons on the bottom. 1st time I seen that unless I had my head under a rock and missed it.

Guest MrCapcom
Hello MrCapcom,

I'm using your version 23034 and it's very nice! I like WM6.5 with all the finger friendly options. I have a couple small issues I'd love to fix to make this a perfect ROM. :angry:

1. Double-tapping doesn't work in browsers and lots of apps (all apps?). For example when double tapping to zoom in Opera or Skyfire or when reading Email. This makes it hard to use Opera since I cannot read the text without clicking the zoom menu options.

I use Pocket IE so I don't have this problem try going into system settings then go to touch response play around with that see if you get the double tap. The double tap problem is something that came about with build 230XX. I have the problem slightly in using my keyboard apps but touch response fixed it I havent used opera in the new builds just pocket IE when u browse a site and tap once the magnify slider comes up and you can zoom etc with that. I will work hard to figure it out in coming builds though

2. How do I disable the startup & shutdown sounds? They are very loud! I tried replacing a few phoneon & phoneoff .wav files in the \Windows folder, but that didn't mute the startup & shutdown videos.

If you wanna get rid of the startup/shutdown sounds look for poweroff.wav and poweron.wav i believe and just replace them with a blank file or delete them all together would probally be better. Videos I forgot its like poweron.gif and poweroff.gif something like that ill post later if you havent found it.

3. Pressing the volume up/down buttons repeatedly doesn't change the sound. For example: Pressing the Volume Up side button once brings up the volume screen, but pressing it again does not raise the volume. I have to touch the front screen in order to change the volume.

With the new build it seems like when u in call you have to press the volume then the task bar shows up then u press the speaker then up the speaker volume. Im not sure if I can change that or not but ill look into it on the new build

4. The camera button starts the camera program, but then hitting it again doesn't take a picture. Pressing the Dpad takes the picture. Is there a way to set the camera button to allow manual focusing when it's pressed half-way, and when pressed all the way takes a picture?

Ill test this my camera works fine I lightly press in and it zooms focus or w/e then it will snap I never had that problem but ill test it

5. Where's the Voice Command feature or how to I reinstall it? I use voice commands to change to the next song while my phone is in my pocket. The new voice command program that's coming out soon, TellMe, sounds even better. Is there any way to reinstall voice commands?

Sorry can't help much there I don't use the Voice command :D

Keep up the good work!

Thanks,

Jeremy O

Answered you in the quote Jeremy and thanks Chapster

Guest eclsnowman

MrCapcom, I have been using 23034 V5 for a few days now. All I can say again is WOW. Everything I want already cooked in, and 130mb free. I don't see a donate link for you on your first post page, but if you put one up I will send you a beer (or pop, or iced tea, apple smoothie... you get the point). I have used a lot of roms and flashed at least 30 times. This is my running favorite right now.

I look forward to future releases.

P.S. I was also confused like JeremyO about the camera. I figured out that the D-pad to take pictures (and I actually like that better because it is easier to hit)... but I couldn't figure out zoom. Normally the volume keys zoom, but not with this black camera mod.

Edited by eclsnowman

Guest eclsnowman

Any news on a 23041 version? I don't mean to push but I see some cooks turning them out and I am getting jealous. Also do you have a cab for that EZKeyboard "Touch Keyboard" in omnia resolutions?

Thanks, and let me know when you get that donate link going.

Guest eclsnowman

First Noticable Problem today on 23034. Preinstalled Finger Keyboard config program seems to give error on loading, then crashes. Tried reinstalling from cab and same issue? Not sure why. Please see the image below.

post-555542-1251950947_thumb.png

Guest chubbyboy88
First Noticable Problem today on 23034. Preinstalled Finger Keyboard config program seems to give error on loading, then crashes. Tried reinstalling from cab and same issue? Not sure why. Please see the image below.

same problem here with it

Great rom!!! Only problem i have is that icontacts doesn't pick up my contacts. I import from windows live and they are in definitely in my phone but none show up in icontacts. Thanks again for the great rom. Have fun at your D.C. lol

Guest MrCapcom

@ tm31 double tap the person icon it should bring in your contacts

@ Shemmy No it has to be cooked in

@ Chubbyboy88 and eclsnowman something is wrong with the config and the newer builds maybe but there is nothing there

I took everything out there is only 1 color unless u want to change the shortcuts there is a .txt file somewhere in the fingerkeyboard

program files: 000-skin-01-shortcuts.txt or something like that go in there and you can change somethings for the shortcuts.

I'm going away to NYC for me and my wifes anniversary so I'm gonna try to make a quick update as far as 23041 I don't port or have time to

port and the omnia porters I know havent done 23041 or havent upped it yet sorry. I am working on 23037 though hopefully (since i get out of work early at 3)

I can have it upped by the time I leave.

So is there no way to import my contacts using v4.1 or do i have to type them all out ?

also is there any way to change the color of the bars from light blue to something else?

Edited by Umxx