206 replies to this topic

tedkord

tedkord

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts
  • Devices:SCH-i920
Awesome work, guys! Got it installed, and the driver is enabled.

Can I ask a quick question? Do I need to enable this some way per application. For instance, I use Core Player to play music/video on my i910 - will this enhance playback through CP by default? Or do I need to assign this audio driver to coreplayer? (I need to set the video output to Intel xScale to watch in landscape. Is something ismilar needed for audio to play through SRS drivers?)

Thanks again for the work on this, and any answers you have.

EDIT: Interesting. SRS WOW settings show up if I go to settings from START, but not if I go to system settings using SPB MS3 launcher.

Edited by tedkord, 26 July 2009 - 06:19 PM.

Samsung Omnia II SCH-i920 with AMDZero's DG21 ZeroSense ROM

dc3

dc3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:omnia
works great on wm6.5. thanx sector! :)

sector

sector

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,296 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Omnia
I will make it sticky as we got so many positive answers :) !

If you like my work buy me a beer :) !
Posted Image
WM 6.5/6.1 roms, Themes, Taskbar etc... :D

Raul6

Raul6

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900
This a great work, as good as finding the way of unlocking Omnia. Well done!

Fuzzman1

Fuzzman1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Devices:Samsung i900
All I can say is...... Oh my!!! :)

What a difference compared with Samsung R2VS. I bought a pair of Shure SE310's a couple of weeks ago but wasnt that blown away with them until now. The whole range of music is more crisp and powerful.

Thanks for all your hard work guys.

Chapster

Chapster

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Devices:i910
Works great with my i910 with Blazingwolf Night v1.2, 23009 SYS and XIP MS3 version 6.5 rom

ScottR

ScottR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S II

I think that you mean install the WOW cab file right? This you must install to device,not storage card

Many thanks Mike178 and fane...ur advice was spot on.

Cheers
Scott

x.v_

x.v_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts
  • Devices:HTC Incredible
<3
Works great on my i910, CF03 ROM.

jenben

jenben

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Devices:Omnia i900 on Telstra network
Fantastic works great thanks to all involved.
Just one question is there any guide to what the settings mean?

Thanks

Davodude

Davodude

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC HD2
Its great thanks alot sector and others! :)

Just on another note anyone know how to fix a random stuttering occurring when i play music. (pauses for half a sec then continues)

Edited by Davodude, 27 July 2009 - 11:51 AM.

Mrhoffmann

Mrhoffmann

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
  • Devices:Omnia
thnx.. it works great :)

vovatom

vovatom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Vova, please read my post #130 from here:
http://www.modaco.co...rking/page/120/

Try to use 3 files in that post, then install only 2.SRS_WOW_HD_1.5.1.0_OMNIA.CAB (but download it again from Sector's first post) and softreset.
I don't know why, but definitely is security policy preventing SDK-sert files to be installed and run only in your Omnia.
But as i see now, first download Sector's cabs again, because there is no such file as it is in your post: 2.SRS_WOW_HD_1.5.1.0_O.cab

Great thanks for help! Firstly i tryed to do as you discribed. There was nothing. The same mistake. But after i downloaded and installed two files from first Sector's post again and it works!

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Awesome work, guys! Got it installed, and the driver is enabled.

Can I ask a quick question? Do I need to enable this some way per application. For instance, I use Core Player to play music/video on my i910 - will this enhance playback through CP by default? Or do I need to assign this audio driver to coreplayer? (I need to set the video output to Intel xScale to watch in landscape. Is something ismilar needed for audio to play through SRS drivers?)

SRS will process all sound on the device, regardless of the output device.

EDIT: Interesting. SRS WOW settings show up if I go to settings from START, but not if I go to system settings using SPB MS3 launcher.

Yeah, don't worry about that -- quirk with MS3. This has frustrated me too.

Try killing MS3 then restarting it a few times. If that doesn't work, reboot a few times. It always shows up eventually. I have no idea what the magic is to make it show up determinatively.

dwallersv

dwallersv

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
Three days now, not a single failure. You've done it, Vbox!!!!

A note on the settings, InputGain and OutputGain... Setting default values in the registry as per Vbox's previous post will look like it didn't work if you check the SRS settings cpl after rebooting. These parameters will still read -6db and -2db respectively.

This threw me off for a long time until I stumbled by change on how the thing deals with these default settings.

As soon as you use bluetooth headphones the settings will revert to the stored defaults in the registry. So this does work, at least with bluetooth. Haven't tried it with wired headphones.

GodsGift

GodsGift

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Devices:i9505 Samsung Galaxy S4
Ok been using Samsung R2VS since everyone was getting problems with SRS WOW.

But since Sector and Vox are involved I'll give this a whirl and report back...

Cheers guys.

GG

EDIT: Ok installed first time no probs. I have uninstalled R2VS and will try this later with my headphones on the way home.

One thing I noticed. S2U2 shows that a bluetooth headset is attached when it isnt. Bluetooth isnt even on.

Will report back tomorrow.

GG

Edited by GodsGift, 27 July 2009 - 03:24 PM.

vivax

vivax

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:omnia i900
hi, thanx a lot . it works gr8. one Q though, the version that gets installed is 1.2 wats the difference between 1.2 and 1.5?
thank you

Edited by vivax, 27 July 2009 - 06:14 PM.

BARBOSS

BARBOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:I8000
Thank you for your works, works very well on the Russian firmware PUIE2, just why the default is selected mono sound("Headphones")?
Can you make the default "Internal (Stereo)"? :)
Thanx you again.

vbox

vbox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Thank you for your works, works very well on the Russian firmware PUIE2, just why the default is selected mono sound("Headphones")?
Can you make the default "Internal (Stereo)"? :)
Thanx you again.

Haha, it's not mono ;) But if you want to select the other profile "Internal (Stereo)" (who is with less bass than Headphones), go to HKLM\System\State\Hardware search for Headset and change it's value to 0 (zero).
You can switch 2 profiles while listening music to decide which of both have more good sound ;)

eufouria

eufouria

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • Devices:Motorola Droid
2 days no problems, this means so much to me. Thank you!

BARBOSS

BARBOSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Devices:I8000

Haha, it's not mono :) But if you want to select the other profile "Internal (Stereo)" (who is with less bass than Headphones), go to HKLM\System\State\Hardware search for Headset and change it's value to 0 (zero).
You can switch 2 profiles while listening music to decide which of both have more good sound ;)

;) If you compare these 2 parameters in headphones, then you will understand what I am talking about, where stereo, and where mono!
Thank you.

Edited by BARBOSS, 27 July 2009 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users