Where is the close button setting in WM6.5?

Guest briwayjones

Guest briwayjones

I saw the setting before in WM6.5 where you can set the "X" button to close the programs instead of minimizing them, now I can't find it. Did some of you guys remove that setting out of your ROMS? I'm using Hartv427 standard ROM now.

Guest blazingwolf
I saw the setting before in WM6.5 where you can set the "X" button to close the programs instead of minimizing them, now I can't find it. Did some of you guys remove that setting out of your ROMS? I'm using Hartv427 standard ROM now.

Hartv427 did not include a task manager his ROM that controls that. Most of us are including HTC Task Manager.

Guest briwayjones
Hartv427 did not include a task manager his ROM that controls that. Most of us are including HTC Task Manager.

Ok, so it was a feature of HTC Task Manager? I thought it was a default feature in WM6.5?

Guest blazingwolf
Ok, so it was a feature of HTC Task Manager? I thought it was a default feature in WM6.5?

There has never been a X button that closes programs in Windows Mobile. There is a task manager but you must open it to close programs.

Guest briwayjones
There has never been a X button that closes programs in Windows Mobile. There is a task manager but you must open it to close programs.

Yeah knew that, that's what I've been doing. Man, I thought I read somewhere that that was going to be a feature in WM6.5. I must be dreaming that M$ came to their senses and made that a feature. (fat chance) Back to Wisbar Advance or Quick Menu I guess. :)

Edited by briwayjones

Guest natedawg1013

An even better program for that--Quick Menu. It can be assigned for short press--minimize, long press--close, and show all programs(visible and minimized)in the start menu, plus a lot more.