Partly bricked when flashing,using Grand Prix

Guest RobDC

Hi,

After spending hours looking for the right ROM, and the right way to flash my Omnia under Vista, tonight I took the chance and flashed it.

I Used several ROM's, all unassembled with i900Executor, and alwys the same problem in Grand Prix.

It starts flashing, eBoot, then reboot and that's where it happens... pda device not found!

This is what Grand Prix says :

Service stopped successfully

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE)....

Calculating file parameters(DISKIMAGE) Done!!

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

EBOOT will be written.

Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .

Downloading EBOOT...

PDA Reboot to download Eboot twice!!!

Service stopped successfully

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

I tried several different ROMs, even an official Samsung ROM, always the same problem...

Now my phone boots into the Samsung Omnia logo, and stays there.... Hard Reset works, but doesn't help, it stays at the boot screen... what to do?

Thanks in advance

Rob

I am al little bit further... but I think it's now completely blicked!

I tried flashing it without the loader, that was already written. Then the PDA part flashed ok! The CSC flashed ok! But then he switched to the phone part, USB to PHONE, created com3 succeed!.... jump failed!

Tried it several times, even with the loader that came with the phone rom, and now... nothing!!! Not even the phone symbol in the display! Can't reset, won't even charge anymore!

What to do now? throw it as far as I can? Drive over it with my Suzuki Alto? Or is there a way to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance!

Rob

Edited by RobDC

+1, look for a windows XP (Notebook is preferable because has battery for power backup), install samsung modem driver & AS 4.5 there. Run UMDL/Custom Rom Updater. Plug your phone to XP and power on.

If it detected by updater, then flash it. Else, go to Samsung Service Center to repair...

• 4 months later...
Guest appleater
+1, look for a windows XP (Notebook is preferable because has battery for power backup), install samsung modem driver & AS 4.5 there. Run UMDL/Custom Rom Updater. Plug your phone to XP and power on.

If it detected by updater, then flash it. Else, go to Samsung Service Center to repair...

i've got a similar problem with an i900L...

using windows XP, UNDL GranPrix 1.8.6 for XP and i900LVMHK1_HK2VMHK1 files

OnDeviceChange:DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE
(1) Device name:4&33a44b07&0&1
PDA Device 1 detected.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PDA 1 starts downloading...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EBOOT will be written.
Total 1 PDA region(s) will be written .
PHONE will be written.
Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!
[/codebox]

it just stays there and stays at 0% on the progress bar..... any suggestions? ??

Guest Bruno Adler

Once you can get into SAMSUNG LOGO. Your phone is not bricked, and there's still a chance of getting it back.

Try this:

DISABLE ur Conections under Windows Mobile device center:

CHANGE UR USB PORT. NOW WITH THE PHONE TURNED OFF, PLUG IT.

GO to grandprix.

Select UR EBOOT FILE

THen choose the PDA.

DETECT, WAITING FOR DEVICE.

TURN ON THE PHONE AGAIN.

• 2 years later...