T-Mobile G2 dump

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest megaoptimus
Can anyone provide me with a T-Mobile G2 clean nandroid dump?

TIA!

P

I ordered a phone from ebay that I think is unbranded and unlocked (at least that is what the listing said) but I also saw the word tmobile in the listing headline. If it is a mobile dump, I'll get one for you though I'm not clear on how to do it on a non-rooted fresh from the box phone. I'm compiling a couple of guides from everything I've read here and on xda but I"m still not very clear on what needs done to do a nandroid BU. From what I gather, I boot to the CM-hero-recovery.img by holding down home and do it that way but I think there is something I'm missing about USB drivers or something, I'll have to check. If you can make it clear for me, I'll get the dump asap as I wanted a stock image anyways.

EDIT: NVM, I think this thread is my answer: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...ybox-much-more/

Edited by megaoptimus

Guest FurryPotato

I'm going to reset my T-Mobile branded phone tonight and will made a Nandroid backup of it.

Never used Nandroid before so any pointers/guides out there ?

Guest FurryPotato

Hmm, having just got back home and had a quick look on xda and here it seems that doing this for the first time needs a bit more time for me to check what I'm doing, so wont have time today.

Hopefully this week I'll give it a try.

The whole process still needs a good noobs guide though.

Guest FurryPotato

I think I've managed it !

I restored my phone back to factory settings and then did a nandroid backup. all the files are included, not sure which u needed.

If this is ok, let me know as I'll post it on xda too as I'm sure there will be people needing it sooner or later.

Original T-Mobile G2 dump - Rapidshare link

Since then, I've restored my phone back to how it was. 11:30pm on a sunday night is too late to be resintalling all my apps and settinsg :D I'll wait for a nice shiny cooked rom to appear ....

Guest FurryPotato
Got it, thanks! :D

P

Does it work ok Paul ?

Just so that I know for sure, so I can post it up on xda for anyone that might need it (I imagine more people will need it once custom ROMS get released)

Plus, which of the image files are actually needed ?

Cheers

Dylan

Guest FurryPotato
Yep, all good, i've reposted it here and at XDA as an update.zip :D

P

Cool. Nice work. Looking at what in is the files you've posted, it's all strange to me.

Do I take it you are a bit of a linux-head and that the files included are just the ones needed to replace the android files with the branded ones ? And does it leave the apps etc untouched then ?

Guest FurryPotato
That's the whole system partition in there!

P

Aha. Starting to understand this updating stuff more now. Having come from winmo where it was more or less all or nothing, it's interesting to see how easily certain components can be updated in android.

I'm looking forward to years of getting to know Android better :D