How to Flash omnia in Windows 7

Guest Behdad

Guest lonely2k5

you can easily flash with win7 (no virtual xp or whatever)

just use grandprix

i've done it at least 100 times now...no problems

in grand prix disable avto connect and then tap detect and restart the phone few times until it finds drivers....

yes it does it by it self...win7 is gooood

Guest lonely2k5

win7 flash how to:

1.) get grandprix vista 1.6.4

2.) get i900_EXEcutor.exe

3.) get whatever (cooked) ROM

4.) dissasemble ROM with i900_executor

5.) run grandprix

6.) load LOADER, PDA and CSC (some roms don't have CSC - it's ok...leave blank)

7.) disable START DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY

8.) connect phone

9.) restart phone

10.) 1st time it will search for drivers (like MODEM DRIVER in XP)

11.) it woun't find it immediatly (restart phone few times until it finds it)

12.) repeat steps 9-11 until GRANDPRIX shows phone found

13.) when this happens you are ready to go

14.) flash the phone

it's not 100% but i've done it with 5 versions of win7 (beta, rc, rtm...) always worked this way

step 9-12 only needed 1 time..next time you can skip that

i have also updated phone part once this way...

the first time it didn't found the port....counted to 0 and no phone part on phone

but retried and worked ok

hope it helps....it's my experience so don't blame me if it won't work...

Guest requiem87

Flash went fine until the phone part. There it failed to install driver for Samsung CDMA Technologies and Grand Prix Showed Download failed.

What driver should i install, as this apearently isen't included in windows 7 rtm...

Guest Ozric Tentacle

Hi all,

I was able to install hartv427's WM 6.5 (23034) on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM yesterday by doing the following:

1) Plug in Omnia (drivers and Windows Mobile Device Center automatically installed)

2) Download CF03 and Flash.hartv427_V7_12MB

3) Download Samsung's UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3

4) Flash CF03 with UMDL (I *DID* have to use method 2 as the Verizon updater expects ActiveSync which does not install on Windows 7)

5) Flash hartv427_V7 with UMDL

6) Enjoy

The steps to flash were followed from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

I didn't have to use any other software to get WM 6.5 on my Omnia

Edited by Ozric Tentacle

Guest jamesie

I think it's easiest using the virtual xp which comes with windows 7, just install the samsung modem driver in virtual xp and away you go. I did this just yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Guest requiem87
Hi all,

I was able to install hartv427's WM 6.5 (23034) on Windows 7 Ultimate RTM yesterday by doing the following:

1) Plug in Omnia (drivers and Windows Mobile Device Center automatically installed)

2) Download CF03 and Flash.hartv427_V7_12MB

3) Download Samsung's UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3

4) Flash CF03 with UMDL (I *DID* have to use method 2 as the Verizon updater expects ActiveSync which does not install on Windows 7)

5) Flash hartv427_V7 with UMDL

6) Enjoy

The steps to flash were followed from here: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

I didn't have to use any other software to get WM 6.5 on my Omnia

Isen't CF03 for i910 only? This is the i900 only subforum...

What is Flash.hartv427_V7_12MB that you mentioned?

I have flashed my phone 3 times today installing Khuanchai, then sector newest, but both times i could not update phone part, everything goes well untill it tries to update phone .bin...

I have been using Grand Prix for vista, i haven't tried umdl omnia, will this make a difference and maybe work? The problem is that when the phone reboots to update phone part windows doesen't find the driver.....

Guest Ozric Tentacle
Isen't CF03 for i910 only? This is the i900 only subforum...

That's what happens when you search for something and then comment on something without seeing where you are... yes CF03 is i910... sorry :angry:

What is Flash.hartv427_V7_12MB that you mentioned?

That's a Windows Mobile 6.5 beta build (23034) for Omnia i910.

Again... sorry folks :D

Guest requiem87
That's what happens when you search for something and then comment on something without seeing where you are... yes CF03 is i910... sorry :angry:

That's a Windows Mobile 6.5 beta build (23034) for Omnia i910.

Again... sorry folks :D

Hehe, np, just got a bit confused if i had missed something essential, but your guide still applies tho, just replacing the firmwares, or what?

2) Download latest official rom from http://www.samsungmobile.com/promotion/omnia/index.jsp

3) Download Samsung's UMDL_OMNIA_v2.3 or is this only i910 compatible???

4) Flash a cooked rom with UMDL

5) Enjoy

Guest FelipeRRM
win7 flash how to:

1.) get grandprix vista 1.6.4

2.) get i900_EXEcutor.exe

3.) get whatever (cooked) ROM

4.) dissasemble ROM with i900_executor

5.) run grandprix

6.) load LOADER, PDA and CSC (some roms don't have CSC - it's ok...leave blank)

7.) disable START DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY

8.) connect phone

9.) restart phone

10.) 1st time it will search for drivers (like MODEM DRIVER in XP)

11.) it woun't find it immediatly (restart phone few times until it finds it)

12.) repeat steps 9-11 until GRANDPRIX shows phone found

13.) when this happens you are ready to go

14.) flash the phone

it's not 100% but i've done it with 5 versions of win7 (beta, rc, rtm...) always worked this way

step 9-12 only needed 1 time..next time you can skip that

i have also updated phone part once this way...

the first time it didn't found the port....counted to 0 and no phone part on phone

but retried and worked ok

hope it helps....it's my experience so don't blame me if it won't work...

pic86c1tmp.th.jpg

Fail :D

I´d love to make it work!! Any suggestions?!?! It just keeps saying "Waiting for the Device".

By the Way, Omnia i900L here.

Edited by FelipeRRM

Guest Cristi P
It´s not that easy. Isn´t it possible to flash it through Seven?

It;s not possible by using Windows XP mode of Windows 7 as somebody suggested because the USB becomes detached when you shutdown you Omnia. I've tried it.

Guest requiem87

I have flashed several times from windows 7, using grand prix, and it works fine, but i cant get to update the phone part, everything else is updated. For the phone part, use wmware

Guest jamesie

Hi Cristi P, XP mode in windows 7 does work for flashing the omnia, , I've done it several times.

1. it helps to disable USB connections in windows mobile device center in seven. ( but not essential)

2. start virtual xp and maximise to full screen

3. install samsung driver as per usual xp flash method and connect phone to auto install all drivers for first time.

4. start the flash utility.

5. reboot phone - As the phone is re-booting, you need to reconnect the phone to virtual xp using the USB devices button

6. the flash utility then reboots the phone after a few seconds, do the same again - as the phone is rebooting, reconnecting the phone to virtual xp using the USB devices button.

7. wait for flashing to complete

Voilla - it's pretty straight forwrds and I think a little easier than installing Vm ware or grand prix

hope this helps, I'm not quite sure why the Xp flash utility doesn't work in Windows 7 using compatability mode, but would be interested in finding out?

Guest slovenec88
Hi Cristi P, XP mode in windows 7 does work for flashing the omnia, , I've done it several times.

I do all as you say, but the program keeps saying no PDA device found ... close device. Drivers were installed ok. Any thoughts?

Guest sebolex
I do all as you say, but the program keeps saying no PDA device found ... close device. Drivers were installed ok.

Same here :/

Edited by sebolex

cant update in win 7 via grandprix i see that i have all drivers, activesync is dabled usb too, i see that MiT samsung device when i reboot but i have OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

PDA Device not found.

and in log

Device name:5&fc962aa&0&3