How to Flash omnia in Windows 7

Guest Behdad

Guest lorismarcos
Same here :/

same

for some reason active sync wont sync with my ppc although i installed the drivers and in device manager theres an "!" on windows mobile device

Edited by lorismarcos

Guest lorismarcos
win7 flash how to:

1.) get grandprix vista 1.6.4

2.) get i900_EXEcutor.exe

3.) get whatever (cooked) ROM

4.) dissasemble ROM with i900_executor

5.) run grandprix

6.) load LOADER, PDA and CSC (some roms don't have CSC - it's ok...leave blank)

7.) disable START DOWNLOAD IMMEDIATELY

8.) connect phone

9.) restart phone

10.) 1st time it will search for drivers (like MODEM DRIVER in XP)

11.) it woun't find it immediatly (restart phone few times until it finds it)

12.) repeat steps 9-11 until GRANDPRIX shows phone found

13.) when this happens you are ready to go

14.) flash the phone

it's not 100% but i've done it with 5 versions of win7 (beta, rc, rtm...) always worked this way

step 9-12 only needed 1 time..next time you can skip that

i have also updated phone part once this way...

the first time it didn't found the port....counted to 0 and no phone part on phone

but retried and worked ok

hope it helps....it's my experience so don't blame me if it won't work...

3rd time's a charm :)

thnx mate

at first grandprix could't find my device

after a couple of tries it found it

Cheers

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Last Hegemon

Ok guys, I had problems with no PDA device found error using the Windowx Virtual XP Mode but the GrandPrix solution worked !!!

Remember before trying to flash with GrandPrix, open Windows Mobile Device Center, go to Mobile Device Settings and uncheck every box !

Obviously after you connect the phone and before you restart it, you should click on "Detect" in GrandPrix. Good luck to all.

• 1 month later...
Guest alcibiade

Hi guys!first of all,i wanna tell you,that i have succesfull flashed my omnia i900 2 times(thank of "smile",i couldn't done it without his help),in windows 7 by his indication.

i am actually runnin' the latest firmware m2md by ryrzy.From my opinion all that kind of cooked rom are not enough good because,from all that i,ve tried,there is at least one thing that is not going well with your phone.i appreciate the effort of this guys who make them,but beside the graphic part,the rest of the phone's functions some of them not working well,some others not working at all.

A few monts ago i flashed my phone with the md2d rom by ryrzy and for a a while i didn't observe that my front camera is not working.actually with this latest rom updated,still not working.my gps part is not working too.i've been installed diffrent version of igo8,severall times and i could'n't find any gps signal.

So like i said before,my advice is to remain at the latest 6.1 official rom "untouched",because only with it I was able to use succesfully all my phone's functions.

Now i am facing another problem:i can not flash my phone again.the usdl_grand_prix is not "see" my phone anymore.

THE FACTS ARE THOSE:first time when i've done it,i've must uninstall windows mobile device center.ONLY after that from the first time i restarted the phone i get the message "phone found".

i flashed ok,after that i downloaded the latest windows mobile center version,i installed and now when i'm trying to flash again i can't make it anymore.ofcourse,i uninstalled again win.m.d.c. but no succes.the problem is that is not all the w.m.d.c are uninstaled,there are some parts of it i can not remove.in the task manager i can see a process "wmcdBase.exe",and when i connect the phone the w.m.d.c is installed automatically,blocking usdlgrandprix to see the phone.

Has anyone facing this problems too?and another thing.i tried to edit the phone's reg using 'total comander'(its a short tut.right here:http://www.black-dragon82.blogspot.com/

.see the youtube video)but when i am getting to the version page in the registrys,i see only one file "+Add value".the other file,called "Customversion"is missing.

how can i edit the reg to avoid the "incorect software vers."has anyone succed to update the "phone" part in win 7?

thanks a lot in advance and goodluck to all of you!

Regards,Alcibiade!

(Sorry if i bother someone... :-[)

Guest kevin2210

it's not safe to flash your device with win 7 , you should use one parttion to install xp on it (dont need to install driver to it cause you just use it to flash rom )

Guest majorglory86

hey guys. i flashed my omnia i900 a few times successfully with grandprix on windows 7. now i have problems with the phone part. is this normal?

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA Device 1 ready to download!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PDA 1 starts downloading...

Don't plug it out until the label becomes blue!!!

PHONE will be written.

Downloading PHONE...

OnDeviceChange: DBT_DEVICEARRIVAL

KW.KIM Create retry(25)

KW.KIM Create retry(24)

KW.KIM Create retry(23)

KW.KIM Create retry(22)

KW.KIM Create retry(21)

KW.KIM Create retry(20)

KW.KIM Create retry(19)

KW.KIM Create retry(18)

KW.KIM Create retry(17)

KW.KIM Create retry(16)