Just purchased an Omnia, what rom should I use?

Guest bacchus451

Guest bacchus451

So the story is I've had a Dare and wanted a smartphone for some time now. I got a good deal on the Verizon Diamond but was super dissapointed when I found out that apparently no one is interested in it being unlocked and flashed except for me. Therefore I purchased an Omnia for about the same amount of money used on eBay.

I see the Omnia has plenty of personalization capabilities and apparently a way to unlock GPS so I can use google maps :D

I was wondering, once I get it, what is the most stable and easiest ROM to move to as a first flash :angry: Never done it before.

Guest Grassguy

Wow, that's quite a question! All of them are wonderful and will make your Omnia better. Take a look at what each ROM has (on the first page of there respective threads) and choose the one that fits you best. I Flashed 3 times last night messing around with different things!

Have happy flashing!

Guest Lord-Y
So the story is I've had a Dare and wanted a smartphone for some time now. I got a good deal on the Verizon Diamond but was super dissapointed when I found out that apparently no one is interested in it being unlocked and flashed except for me. Therefore I purchased an Omnia for about the same amount of money used on eBay.

I see the Omnia has plenty of personalization capabilities and apparently a way to unlock GPS so I can use google maps :D

I was wondering, once I get it, what is the most stable and easiest ROM to move to as a first flash :angry: Never done it before.

I already flashed my phone more than 50 times, so you can use this rom http://www.modaco.com/content/i900-general...esearch-thread/ . You have to add this link in your favorites to see the updated roms.

You can use sokkha9 rom too

Guest Turborepu

he has a i910 so only the roms in the i910 section will work.. the basic cf03 rom has gps unlocked. so do that first since it is required to have it flashed to that one first for all the custom roms..

Edited by Turborepu

Guest javikid

Me too, I see too many roms and don't know what to download. I already have the Verizon i910 CF03 and works great but my Storage Memory is down to 25.65MB free. I would like something with more mem and speed?

Thank you

Javikid

Edited by javikid

ive tried about 10+ roms so far looking for a few things. Simplicity, speed and out of the box functionality. i dont want a rom where i have to do a bunch of crap after flashing, im just too lazy to have to run through a bunch of steps to make things work. I really just want to flash and go. Some of the roms with the most features and coolest latest stuff (in my opinion anyway) require a little tweaking to get up and running. Bgill55s rom is pretty wicked, but theres a few changes you have to make and things you have to install to get it going well.

I find that the cooler the interface, the most it seems to slow the phone down a bit. The roms that have mobile shell in them, often appreciated MS2 or MS3 are by far some of the coolest looking, but to me using them made the phone feel slightly more sluggish that a standard theme. not that it was that slow or anything, im just picky heh.

my favorites so far have been BlazingWolf 1.4 Night and Hartv427 7.1.

but every rom has its up and downs. Just click on threads with the most active chefs, that way you know they keep their stuff up to date and offer some help. Read the first few posts to see if there are any special instructions or known issues. and pick one that sounds good to you!

So far i ran BlazingWolfs 1.4 night rom the longest, but currently im on Hartv427s latest, it doesnt have a ton of stuff put in, which is actually why i like it, its simple, and it worked pretty much right off the bat.

If you have any questions feel free to ask, im sure lots of people would be glad to help :D. Im a fairly new member but everyone here seems pretty cool, ive been using the forums for about a year but just recently decided to join.

I was excited to answer this and hope it was helpfull. I saw this asked a few times and i myself also asked it. I never saw any real answers, not sure if everyone wants to admit a favorite because there are just so many awesome chefs here. But hopefully they know they all rock and everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Edited by ugzz

Guest gujupmp88

i had a quick question, im pretty new to all this, and i never really flashed a rom on my phone. the only thing i ever did to it was put the cc20 and cf03 updates on it. with that being said, if i flash my phone with one of the 6.5 roms and i rather go back to the normal 6.1 without any roms(GASP, i know what ur gonna say), how would i do that?

Edited by gujupmp88

Guest javikid
i had a quick question, im pretty new to all this, and i never really flashed a rom on my phone. the only thing i ever did to it was put the cc20 and cf03 updates on it. with that being said, if i flash my phone with one of the 6.5 roms and i rather go back to the normal 6.1 without any roms(GASP, i know what ur gonna say), how would i do that?

good question

It looks like there are too many flash roms out there and too many forms about them, maybe a new form with a simple list of what roms are available and what they have to offer.

Edited by javikid

you can always revert to the stock samsung cf03 image.

there is a .img file of it floating around thought i do not recall where i found it.

the file name is simply cf03.img (at least the one i have is..)

Edited by ugzz

Guest jagnfly

Just re-flash CF03 the same way you did the first time. Make sure to backup prior to each flash.

theres a good link to the cf03 posted over at ppcgeeks.

its in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t...08&page=513

just search for cf03.img

this is a non modified imaged version of the samsung rom. i personally find that using UMDL is easier than any other method, so i use it to go to either a samsung rom or a cooked rom

*edit, its in the sticky!! Durrr :D i feel sheepish :angry:

http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specifi...m-verizon-i910/

Edited by ugzz

Guest necosino
you can always revert to the stock samsung cf03 image.

there is a .img file of it floating around thought i do not recall where i found it.

the file name is simply cf03.img (at least the one i have is..)

You can get it from my post here

yeah i saw that like a second after i posted. i was trying to ninja edit, but the site is going really slow. took me forever just to reload the page.

modified previous

its all a matter of opinion.

if you want the top 5 most popular at the moment just check the forum for the most active threads.

i listed a few out in my other post if you are really looking for specifics

Edited by ugzz

Guest javikid
its all a matter of opinion.

if you want the top 5 most popular at the moment just check the forum for the most active threads.

i listed a few out in my other post if you are really looking for specifics

ok, what about is I have SBP MS 3.1 do I lose that? Does my phone update to 6.5 with these roms? Can I still use my igo8, bling and other programs?

Guest blazingwolf
ok, what about is I have SBP MS 3.1 do I lose that? Does my phone update to 6.5 with these roms? Can I still use my igo8, bling and other programs?

All of these questions have been answered several times. You just need to do a bit of reading.

sbp: you have it? that means you bought it right? so you can reinstall it? -the answer varies with the rom, you have to read.

update to 6.5: depends on the rom, some are 6.1 some are 6.5, read

other apps: read the first few posts in each rom, all allow apps, but some have issues with certain apps. Read

All of these questions have been answered several times. You just need to do a bit of reading.

91174851.jpg

Guest Oscar9

:D Yes, but make sure your prepared; get some visine and a cup of coffee. Also FYI you probably won't be able to leave your computer very often. There are a lot of incredible cooks and believe me they work hard, with every new WM6.5.x release comes another great rom!