Smarter and Cheaper to use the $29.99 Data Plan

Guest jaycarl

Guest jaycarl

Email & Web for Smartphone/PDA

No tethering, unless you know whats up =

5GB cap, if you go over There Is No Additional Fee.

29.99 month, THE CHEAPER BETTER DEAL.

Unlimited Broadband

With tethering =

5GB cap, if you go over You Have to Pay a Fee.

59.99 month

As far as I can tell there is no benefit for anyone to pay more than $30 for Unlimited Data. If I'm wrong please inform me.

I have the Email & Web for Smartphone data plan. To test what would happen, I used 18GB of data in a monthly billing cycle. My bill was exactly the same as it has always been without a peep from VZW.

Hope this helps someone save a few duckets.

Edited by jaycarl

Guest WrathX

Isn't this a bit of a gamble though? I would hate to reduce my plan, put several gigs of usage and then all of the sudden get my next bill and see a several hundred dollar increase in the bill. What's to say that Verizon doesn't wisen up and start charging people properly?

Guest necosino

Nope, I download about 3 movies a week (750Mb ea., 2.25Gb total, about 7GB/month + web browsing and streaming web radio) and have never been billed in excess or even cut off :D

Guest Rob Storm
Ok, or you can use PIM Backup (Free), Activesync (free), SPB Backup, Resco backup, etc etc etc etc.. Rather than pay every month :D

Wireless Sync allows you to keep your outlook and phone synced with email as they come into your computer. How does MyPhone or PIM Backup to do that? I personally use it on one of my phones. I changed my plans around and was unable to use Wireless Sync with the lower plan. The $45.00 plan allows for secure email which Wireless Sync requires.

Edited by Rob Storm

Guest necosino

I scheduled periodic backups to run automatically (usually every 3 days). And for secure email, I just use SkyFire and haven't run into a problem yet.

Guest jaycarl
Isn't this a bit of a gamble though? I would hate to reduce my plan, put several gigs of usage and then all of the sudden get my next bill and see a several hundred dollar increase in the bill. What's to say that Verizon doesn't wisen up and start charging people properly?

Did you read the first post? The $29.99 data plan has a 5GB cap but VZW claims it to be Unlimited. If you go over that cap there is no additional fee whatsoever. This is confirmed through a Rep at the VZW store.

So my question to you is, what exactly is the gamble here?

Guest kdkinc

Hi,

I've used similar programs of getting rid of the $15.00 fee.

Ive used the internet connection program on BW's Roms.

I'm am now using the internet connection program on BG's newest ROM because VZW access won't connect.

A feature is missing on the data connection and so the only way I can get internet is through the internet sharing program .

When ever I do a speed test these internet sharing programs run at least 50% slower. Instead of my 1000Kbps I now get 500 or less Kbps.

That's why I like to use VZW access.

What is it I'm missing or don"t understand about the internet sharing programs??

PS both great ROM's

Guest B.Stowe
Did you read the first post? The $29.99 data plan has a 5GB cap but VZW claims it to be Unlimited. If you go over that cap there is no additional fee whatsoever. This is confirmed through a Rep at the VZW store.

So my question to you is, what exactly is the gamble here?

Yeah, no.

Unlimited is unlimited.

/VZW Rep

Guest jaycarl
Hi,

I've used similar programs of getting rid of the $15.00 fee.

Ive used the internet connection program on BW's Roms.

I'm am now using the internet connection program on BG's newest ROM because VZW access won't connect.

A feature is missing on the data connection and so the only way I can get internet is through the internet sharing program .

When ever I do a speed test these internet sharing programs run at least 50% slower. Instead of my 1000Kbps I now get 500 or less Kbps.

That's why I like to use VZW access.

What is it I'm missing or don"t understand about the internet sharing programs??

PS both great ROM's

Thats strange. I am not sure why you would be getting slower speeds using ICS.

Back in the day, i used to get around the same speeds as you using VZW Access. Now that I use only ICS with Blazingwolfs rom I get exactly the same speeds. So I don't know why your experiencing a slow down with ICS.

There is a thread about this somewhere on Modaco. Its called something like VZ Access vs ICS.

Guest kdkinc
Thats strange. I am not sure why you would be getting slower speeds using ICS.

Back in the day, i used to get around the same speeds as you using VZW Access. Now that I use only ICS with Blazingwolfs rom I get exactly the same speeds. So I don't know why your experiencing a slow down with ICS.

There is a thread about this somewhere on Modaco. Its called something like VZ Access vs ICS.

Thank You for the site suggestion :D

Guest pillagingjack

I work for an indirect agent for Verizon. The current terms and conditions that are in place for the email and web plan are our safety net for not being charged for overages in data. The unlimited broadband package was originally introduced for aircards and the netbook. If you are on the unl broadband plan for the omnia, it will work, but it is the WRONG feature added to the account. The reason for the increase in price is that the aircard/netbook uses only data. If your omnia was using ONLY data, then that is the plan Verizon would default to and make everyone have. However, since the omnia is a voice/data product, Verizon "cuts us a deal" and only charges $30/month. That said, if any of you are on the wrong plan, or are even on the $44.99 data plan and are not using the VZW Sync, then let me know and I can switch you over with out a hitch.

****Further more! If you do need the over the air backup that VZW offers, there are features that do the exchange server back up, such as myphone and what not. I have not found any to my liking save one! I use the google sync, which is working great for me with contacts and calendars. It does not yet support push mail, and it may not ever incorporate that, however the contacts and calendar are spot on. If you have any questions, PM me and I will give you my direct contact info. If you have any questions regarding my legitimacy, feel free to search me out on pdaphonehome.com (mainly the xv6900 forums) and you can see my track record.

Guest s10camaro

well i thought i was going to be charged more but wasnt my college has an outlook sever thingy and all my contacts are synced to it and every thing and i get my mail right away and everything. asked the guy at verizon and he said if it works on cheap plan then your good if not you have to pay them to set it up with company or school

Guest jaycarl
I work for an indirect agent for Verizon. The current terms and conditions that are in place for the email and web plan are our safety net for not being charged for overages in data. The unlimited broadband package was originally introduced for aircards and the netbook. If you are on the unl broadband plan for the omnia, it will work, but it is the WRONG feature added to the account. The reason for the increase in price is that the aircard/netbook uses only data. If your omnia was using ONLY data, then that is the plan Verizon would default to and make everyone have. However, since the omnia is a voice/data product, Verizon "cuts us a deal" and only charges $30/month. That said, if any of you are on the wrong plan, or are even on the $44.99 data plan and are not using the VZW Sync, then let me know and I can switch you over with out a hitch.

****Further more! If you do need the over the air backup that VZW offers, there are features that do the exchange server back up, such as myphone and what not. I have not found any to my liking save one! I use the google sync, which is working great for me with contacts and calendars. It does not yet support push mail, and it may not ever incorporate that, however the contacts and calendar are spot on. If you have any questions, PM me and I will give you my direct contact info. If you have any questions regarding my legitimacy, feel free to search me out on pdaphonehome.com (mainly the xv6900 forums) and you can see my track record.

Hey what up pillagingjack.

Your the one who informed me about the $29.99 plan back in mid 2008 on Pdaphonehome i760 thread. I used to pay $60 a month for the Unlimited Data plan so I could tether.

You have always been a huge asset to Verizon customers.

Take Care Buddy.