After I dial screen goes blank

Guest Alderian

Guest Alderian

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction:

Everytime I engage in a phone call the screen blanks completely and I can't get it to turn on again without pressing the power/wakeup button - not very useful when you are dialing an automated answer system, subh as my carriers, where you press 1 for ..., 2 for ....!

Anyone have any idea how to combat this?

Guest bbmalver
I don't know if anyone else has experienced this, hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction:

Everytime I engage in a phone call the screen blanks completely and I can't get it to turn on again without pressing the power/wakeup button - not very useful when you are dialing an automated answer system, subh as my carriers, where you press 1 for ..., 2 for ....!

If your're calling an automated line you can try engaging the speaker phone option (or engaging and dis-engaging). Or as soon as you dial, press the power switch to keep it on.

I was just wondering myself, it really is a annoying feature.

Guest Neil5459

Same here- I've scoured the registry for a relevant entry to no avail. It was the bane of my life on the HTC Diamond until someone at XDA-Devs produced an option to disable it. We can only hope that eventually someone finds out how this works on the TG01 :D

• 1 month later...
I suppose, it's a feature to avoid the user from accidentally touch the end button or somewhat. You can always press the camera button to get it on again.

Besides all problem that this phone has Toshiba forgot that a touch device need a software to manage a call beacuse the absence of a keyboard. Iphone has a proximity sensor that understand when the phone is near your head and when you need to manage a call (pause, keyboard, mute, dial a conference etc etc) . HTC has software that emulates this behaviour throght the g-sensor.

This phone is a real nightmare!

Guest i900french-addict
I suppose, it's a feature to avoid the user from accidentally touch the end button or somewhat. You can always press the camera button to get it on again.

Yes, you got it!

If the screen remains active, a single touch with your ear would maybe end the call, or put the HP on, make a dual call, etc etc

Some devices don't have a blank screen, but a locked screen while phoning, the result is the same, you have to make something to wake the screen up again.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest razerbug
Yes, you got it!

If the screen remains active, a single touch with your ear would maybe end the call, or put the HP on, make a dual call, etc etc

Some devices don't have a blank screen, but a locked screen while phoning, the result is the same, you have to make something to wake the screen up again.

Yep, I was using a friends touch screen phone which didn't do this and you had to hold it away from your cheek when you made a call... if it touched your cheek/ear it'd dial or hang up... I even sent a blank text while in a call once.

I'm very glad my Viewty and now my TG01 both lock the screen when you make a call, when your using an automated, just tap the unlock button, it takes less than a second to get the keypad back.

Guest Neil5459

The new WM6.5 has a screen dialog when a call connects, to stop the blanking happening if you double tap it within a few seconds, so best of both worlds whether you want the screen to blank or not.

Guest razerbug
The new WM6.5 has a screen dialog when a call connects, to stop the blanking happening if you double tap it within a few seconds, so best of both worlds whether you want the screen to blank or not.

I look forward to it... if I could ever get the Orange UK official 6.5 upgrade from tosh/orange!

also - I used an iPhone the other day that was in the app menu when it rang, owner took it off me and put it to his face, screen lock didn't work and he'd launched 3 app's by the time he hung up, which crashed the device... he couldn't get to the battery obviously - so had to wait hours for the battery to die... I promise I didn't laugh to hard :)