Photo

10/Mar 3.2 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for GSM Hero (now with online kitchen)

* * * * * 26 votes

• Please log in to reply
5696 replies to this topic

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I assume that everyone with the facebook/contact problem also has the problem with superuser permissions not working?

Think we need to start collaborating our info. (spelling?)

Rob

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S III, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@munkimatt

I assume that everyone with the facebook/contact problem also has the problem with superuser permissions not working?

Rob

Agreed, we need to have some sort of post with common issues (Facebook, superuser permissions etc), handset details (is it Orange, sim free, T-mob, etc).

I've been playing about with this since I finsihed work, so 6 hours now and I managed to get super user permissions working. I think I reverted to my very very first nandroid back up (before going root) and then appplied the update but I'll be very honest I'm not 100%.

dalim

dalim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:HTC Desire

Rob

I may have spoken too soon, i just got this error on mine. running custom rom, but i dont think that has anything to do with it. Plus superuser permission is working fine.

Sounds like this is something new that has only started today. Since people on stock rom as well as custom rom experiencing this problem, something may have change with the facebook link process.

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
restored back to my nandroid backup which is a completely stock orange rom, still no facebook stuff.

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

restored back to my nandroid backup which is a completely stock orange rom, still no facebook stuff.

I've just reverted back to a completely stock sim free, still having the Facebook error and the force closes.

Question for you, did you also install the radio update?

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I've just reverted back to a completely stock sim free, still having the Facebook error and the force closes.

Question for you, did you also install the radio update?

Good question, yes i did. Although when i first did the upgrade to 1.0 i didnt do the radio. I had the problem with fb and with super user settings in 1.0 also.

Then when i upgraded again to 1.1 i did the radio as well.

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Good question, yes i did. Although when i first did the upgrade to 1.0 i didnt do the radio. I had the problem with fb and with super user settings in 1.0 also.

Then when i upgraded again to 1.1 i did the radio as well.

Ah, wondered if possibly the radio was at fault (somehow!) but if you didn't do it with 1.1 that would seem to remove that possibility.

Looking through androidforums though there seems to be a few having the same problem but with o mention of the new ROM. It's looking like a much more far reaching problem. Could it be possible that maybe us installing the ROM and this happening is really just a coincidence and there's something more in depth wrong behind the scenes?

Just notice Google Contacts (the web sire) seems to be down too. Logging in comes up with an error message.

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Ah, wondered if possibly the radio was at fault (somehow!) but if you didn't do it with 1.1 that would seem to remove that possibility.

Looking through androidforums though there seems to be a few having the same problem but with o mention of the new ROM. It's looking like a much more far reaching problem. Could it be possible that maybe us installing the ROM and this happening is really just a coincidence and there's something more in depth wrong behind the scenes?

Just notice Google Contacts (the web sire) seems to be down too. Logging in comes up with an error message.

I didnt do it with 1.0 but did with 1.1

Same conclusion though. Yeah that is what i was thinking. The fact that all the people in the link i posted further up were using stock roms but all posted about this problem today does make you think that it is a weird coincidence and that something has gone wrong with facebook or something.

Maybe the next step is to see if there is any other link between people not working and people working.

ie, is it only UK facebook users who are experiencing it for example.

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

Same conclusion though. Yeah that is what i was thinking. The fact that all the people in the link i posted further up were using stock roms but all posted about this problem today does make you think that it is a weird coincidence and that something has gone wrong with facebook or something.

Maybe the next step is to see if there is any other link between people not working and people working.

I've raised a suport ticket with HTC, I'll let you know how I get on.

Going to install SendLog, could do with someone who doesn't have the problem doing the same. Can anyone here help? Need the log for when you try to link a contact to Facebook. Thanks in advance?

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts

I've raised a suport ticket with HTC, I'll let you know how I get on.

Going to install SendLog, could do with someone who doesn't have the problem doing the same. Can anyone here help? Need the log for when you try to link a contact to Facebook. Thanks in advance?

marianne2

marianne2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i didn't do anything, that means I didn't use Pauls ROM, but have also problems with facebook. Some pics are missing, force close when going to my own contactlisting in "people".

geovass

geovass

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

i didn't do anything, that means I didn't use Pauls ROM, but have also problems with facebook. Some pics are missing, force close when going to my own contactlisting in "people".

problem is solved !

geovass

geovass

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 145 posts

it works again!!!!

oh... dble post. pls delete!

Edited by geovass, 27 August 2009 - 07:44 AM.

rjefferis

rjefferis

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
indeed it does :D

lol

how weird.

padstar

padstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero, Motorola Defy
  • Twitter:@padstar70
Many thanks Paul. As a total noob I am pleased to say that I have intalled custom ROM and radio with no problems. Everything feels much smoother and less laggy now. I think I'll do a bit more reading before I attempt to partition my card for apps2sd.

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Same here, everything working fine as of now, re-installed Pauls ROM and everything still OK.

Blimey, that was a nervous few hours wasn't it! :D

Zeppu

Zeppu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
Hi there,

I installed this ROM to get the Wifi Tether working properly and it did.

The only problem I had was that I couldn't reinstall Maps. When looking for it in the Market i didn't manage to find it. I had to revert to the backup since i find it more important to have the Maps then the Wifi Tether.

Do you have any idea why this happened? I'm in Malta if that makes any difference.

Any way to get maps installed in any other way?

Thanks

Joseph

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Try installing 'Market Enabler 3' from here and changing your region...

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

munkimatt

munkimatt

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
The people who were having Facebook issues yesterday, are you having Market issues now?

Funkyfin2000

Funkyfin2000

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Devices:HTC Hero
  • Twitter:@Funkyfin2000
Please to say mine has no issues at all, latest Radio Update, Latest 1.1 ROM and facebook contact etc all fine :D Mark Place all fine too :angry:

Thank you very much to Paul for all his hard work, it is very much appreciated

Edited by Funkyfin2000, 27 August 2009 - 11:45 AM.

HTC Hero - Orange (Debranded) | Firmware 1.5 | Kernel 2.6.27-mck-teknologist-1.92 root@neutrino | Build Number MoDaCo Custom ROM 3.2 Core | Software Version 1.0.0.A6288

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users