WinMo 6.5 coming to the TG01 in October

Guest David Strange

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2009/09/03/if...a_winmo_update/ This story tells us that the TG01 will be sold with WinMo6.5 from 6 October and gives us a place to look for upgrades for exisiting phones on that date. Let us hope the ROM update solves the memory card corruption issue.

Cheers,

David.

Great News. Let's hope this will solve the other bugs as well (random reboots and slowdowns...)

Guest Neil5459
Yes BUT... There is no evidence that this rom update can be installed on branded TG01... Wait and see...

Orange UK have already said they will be supplying the WM6.5 update though I don't know how long it will take them!

Even the Orange TG01 still has all the operator settings config files inside the Windows folder, though they don't have any links to them from Programs or Settigns, so it may be that Tosh will allow branded device users to update. The screenshots show the generic WM6.5 interface without the Toshiba Stripes so maybe Orange will allow their interface to be dropped as well?

Yes BUT... There is no evidence that this rom update can be installed on branded TG01... Wait and see...

Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know ALL TG01 sold today are branded through a carrier. there are no free market TG01 sold today.

In Germany it is through O2

In France, Orange

UK, Orange

Spain, Movistar

Japan, Docomo

The only country I know they are being sold unbranded is in Italy, and even there I am not sure if it is really unbranded.

I would assume that once 6.5 is released you would enter your IMEI on the Toshiba website and you would get a link to the firmware for your model, otherwise their statement is completely bogus as they didn't state that customers who already bought the TG01 would have to get the update through the carrier.

Guest bobo972
Correct me if I am wrong, but as far as I know ALL TG01 sold today are branded through a carrier. there are no free market TG01 sold today.

In Germany it is through O2

In France, Orange

UK, Orange

Spain, Movistar

Japan, Docomo

In Italy is free :)

Guest unforeseen

is there any hard evidence that it will be posted on that website?

I heard it was going to be OTA on Orange UK which means no rom... i dont remember where I heard that though, might have been on xda developers...

Guest Neil5459
is there any hard evidence that it will be posted on that website?

I heard it was going to be OTA on Orange UK which means no rom... i dont remember where I heard that though, might have been on xda developers...

An upgrade from WM6.1 to WM6.5 is impossible OTA. They are totally different operating systems so a full ROM flash will be required.

Guest Neil5459
hmmm... if it's not an OTA update, maybe there is hope for custom rom flashing after all?

Yes- perhaps when there is a downloaded ROM to play with, someone will extract the SPL stuff and get working on a kitchen :)

Hi,

I spoke to Toshiba Mobile peeps today, they say that phones must be upgraded via your carrier :-(

Also that Carriers will make the updates available from the 10th Oct ...

They will post info closer to the time on :-

www.toshiba-europe.com/mobile

But you would assume that they will need to release a Clean Toshiba ROM for Italy ?

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
Guest razerbug

Orange UK have confirmed Toshiba will be releasing the update via their website and it won't be anything to do with Orange.

The update page is up, it even checks your IMEI number and thanks you for entering a valid one, but then 404's annoyingly. Tried it today (the 10th) and still nothing.

Guest rooney101

IF YOU TRY TO BLOW REALLY HARD WITH YOUR MOUTH INTO THE MICROPHONE OF THE TG01 - JUST UNDER THE HOME BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THERE IS A LITTLE RECTANGULAR HOLE.

THIS SOLVE ALL THE PROBLEMS LISTED

BLOW CONSISTENTLY AND REPEATEDLY BETWEEN 5-10 TIMES TO CLEAN IT OUT PROPERLY.

NO MORE ISSUES

Guest pauldyson1uk
Orange UK have confirmed Toshiba will be releasing the update via their website and it won't be anything to do with Orange.

The update page is up, it even checks your IMEI number and thanks you for entering a valid one, but then 404's annoyingly. Tried it today (the 10th) and still nothing.

I have d/l this twice now from the Toshia website and can get it to unzip.