BW WM7 Black and Blue Windows Phone 6.5 ROM Final

Guest blazingwolf

Guest blazingwolf

This new version is called WM7 Blue and WM7 Black. It is a little heavier than usual because of some of the itmes I have left in for more finger friendly access. This ROM is built with the SYS and XIP of 23064 which is the latest release of WM6.5.

I would like to thank the following people for helping me with my Roms:

Adrynalyne

bga7x

hartv427

Noonski

Please remember that you flash at your own risk and I am not responsible for any bad things that happen to your device.

How to flash:

You must flash to the CF03 ROM before flashing to this ROM.

Then:

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. Now turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

10-9-09: SYS and XIP updated to 23064, fixed appointment creation screen, new soft key buttons in black version.

10-4-09: New black version using m.carrolls PureBlackV3, New Autocalllocker version, LG Incite keyboard, fixed CLinks panel name, contacts from 23414, modded TM Carbon dialer for black version.

9-27-09: Updated SYS and XIP to 23053, updated SkyFire, updated CLauncher to .25, added GPS Radar to Titanium Weather, added AutoCallLocker by JohKarJes, added Samsung SDK, cleaned up Neo Theme, new blue theme by Jeffrey2000, used LZX compression in WoZZer kitchen.

9-7-09:Initial release

Items in the ROM:

Advanced Config 3.3

All in one Comm Manager/Wifi Router ported by Sector

Apptodate

Autocalllocker by JohKarJes

Bing

Black Power Calc

Black Keyboard

Black Easy Settings

Black FMRadio

Bluetooth Icon broker

Default IM (input selector)

Esmertec JBed Java

GPS Radar

HTC dlls

Kinetic scrolling

Mortscrip

My Phone

Neo Titanium Panels - ATContacts, CClock, CHome, CLauncher, COpera, CLinks, COffice, CAppointments, TitaniumWeather, CMusic, Cpictures

Personalizer

PIM backup

PSShutXP

Samsung SDK

Samsung Volume control with ExilHHBlueMeta theme by Krazy Radd

SD card Tuneup

SDK Certs

Showaco CHome Editor

Showaco Restart

Showcase Task Manager

SkyFire

Spb Screenshot

Thumbcal with modded theme

XDA_UC

WM7 theme by Jeffery2000 (modded by me)

Removed:

All cursors except the standard arrow

Security check

Screen Calibration

Theme Editor

Large Display (icon still shows in settings but will not work)

Business Card Reader

Connected Home

Digital Frame

Infrared Drivers

Main Menu

Media Album

Non English Keyboards

Phonebook

Photo Slides

Podcasts

RSS

Samsung Dialer

Samsung Today 1

Shozu

Smart Reader

Testing exes (there are a bunch of testing items in this ROM due to its beta status, those are removed)

Text Messsage Retry

Touch Player

Transcriber

Video Editor

Visual Voice Mail

Welcome Center (completely removed and screen alignment preset, you may need to tap the start menu button to get the today screen to load)

Widgets

Windows Update

Zoomer

And more...

User Customization:

My ROM uses a user customization tool called XDA_UC created by Noonski. It will allow you to place your theme, tweaks, cabs and other files on your storage card and have them installed automatically after a flash or hard reset. To get a better idea of what I am talking about please see this thread over at XDA-Developers: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3611692

These files will need to be put in a folder in the root of your storage card. The folder is called XDA_UC.

For your theme to be used you will need to rename it to My.tsk and place it in the XDA_UC folder. Then on first boot your theme will be used.

Cab file installation. If you want cabs to be installed to device memory the place them in the XDA_UC folder. These cabs will be installed silently and need no user interaction. If you want a cab file to be installed to your Storage card or My Storage then you will need to place cab file in XDA_UC/SD. Any cab files in this folder will auto launch but will ask you where to install them. After installation you will need to tap on OK and the next cab file installation will start.

Reg tweaks that you put in will need contain the following line at the top of the file "Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00", a line space must be included at the end of the file. If you look at the XDA-Devlopers thread I linked above you will see more information about this.

Now that I have done this there are some changes to the startup procedure. Please note the changes so you do not have issues.

You no longer need to tap on the start menu to have the ROM finish loading. This will be done automatically for you. Wait for about 30 seconds or so and you will see a customization popup that will let you know that customization is starting. You can tap on the countdown number to start or just let it count down. This will install any items that you have in the XDA_UC folder.

If you have no XDA_UC folder you will still see the customization popup. Tap on the countdown or let it finish. It will finish installation of the items I have placed in the ROM.

Once this has finished a popup screen will appear letting you know that the customizations have finished. OK out of this screen and your device will soft reset to complete all installations.

Version 1 notes:

Like all newer versions of Windows Phone the OK/Close is broken in the Phone settings screen. You can slave a hard button to OK/Close or soft reset after changing your settings.

Known issues:

Please let me know if you have any problems.

Black Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139669756/6dc3...Black23064.html

Blue Version:

http://www.4shared.com/file/139673495/8e48...7Blue23064.html

BW_3_Column_Start_menu_with_Hexagon.cab

BW_Original_Titanium.cab

TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB

post-142761-1254099479_thumb.png

post-142761-1254099486_thumb.png

post-142761-1254099505_thumb.png

post-142761-1254099514_thumb.png

post-142761-1254099523_thumb.png

post-142761-1254703105_thumb.png

post-142761-1254703112_thumb.png

post-142761-1254703122_thumb.png

post-142761-1254703129_thumb.png

post-142761-1255307446_thumb.png

post-142761-1255307461_thumb.png

Edited by blazingwolf

Guest Chapster

Great job! Going to download now. I do have one question... do you have a cab that will change the 4 panel to 3? It looks to be easier on the eyes as I approach the need for reading glasses. :)

Guest blazingwolf
Great job! Going to download now. I do have one question... do you have a cab that will change the 4 panel to 3? It looks to be easier on the eyes as I approach the need for reading glasses. :)

Added to the first post as an attachment. :)

Guest blazingwolf
Just what is Titanium? I never really got a good understanding of what it is or does.

It's a today plugin that can have multiple panels. It is scrollable so you can have many panels that do a mixture of things.

Guest metalzoic

Looks really nice BW.

It looks like you have several themes included.

Are the top and bottom trays/bars transparent and change to match your themes?

I really like how you have several black omnia functions built in. Can't flash for a

few more days though :)

Oh, And thanks for your help in the other thread!

Very smooth ,still learning my way around.

I took the training wheels off and left SPB MS3 out.

I can see that you really put a lot of work in this one :)

Edited by kdkinc

Guest blazingwolf
Looks really nice BW.

It looks like you have several themes included.

Are the top and bottom trays/bars transparent and change to match your themes?

I really like how you have several black omnia functions built in. Can't flash for a

few more days though :)

Oh, And thanks for your help in the other thread!

The two bars are set to be a blue transparent color. So while it is transparent you will have a blue tinge on the wallpaper if that is what you use. The other included themes use different bars (original Microsoft bars).

Glad to help. :)